Back to the Future Part III
Back to the Future Part III is a 1990 sequel to Back to the Future. After traveling back to 1885, Marty McFly finds Dr. Emmett Brown and must save him from being shot to death by outlaw Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen.
- This'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards.
- These are our boys: Jules... and Verne.
- [holding baby William] So you're my great-grandfather. The first McFly born in America. And you peed on me.
- I'll hunt you and shoot you down like a duck!
- Doc Brown: See you in the future.
- Marty: You mean the past.
- Doc Brown: Exactly!
- Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: You owe me money, blacksmith.
- Doc Brown: How do you figure?
- Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: My horse threw a shoe. And seeing as you was the one who done the shoeing, I say that makes you responsible.
- Doc Brown: Well, since you never paid me for that job, I say that makes us even!
- Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Wrong! See I was on that horse when it threw the shoe and I got throwed off! And that caused me to bust a perfectly good bottle of Kentucky red-eye. So, the way I figured it, blacksmith, you owe me five dollars for the whiskey and seventy-five dollars for the horse.
- Marty: [hoarsely] That's the eighty dollars.
- Doc Brown: Look! If your horse threw a shoe, bring him back an I'll re-shoe him!
- Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: I done shot that horse!
- Doc Brown: Well, that's your problem, Tannen!
- Doc Brown: Marty, you're going to have to do something about those clothes. You walk around town dressed like that, you're liable to get shot.
- Marty: Or hanged.
- Doc Brown: What idiot dressed you in that outfit?
- Marty: You did.
- Marty: Clayton Ravine was named after a school teacher. They say she fell in there a hundred years ago.
- Doc Brown: A hundred years ago? That's this year!
- Marty: Every kid in school knows that story 'cause we all have teachers we'd like to see fall into the ravine.
- Doc Brown: In the future, we don't need horses. We have motorized carriages called automobiles.
- [Barflies laugh]
- Barfly 3: If everybody's got one of these auto-whats-its, does anybody walk or run any more?
- Doc Brown: Of course we run, but for recreation. For fun.
- Barfly 3: Run for fun? What the hell kind of fun is that?
- Marty: Hey, Doc! Where you going now? Back to the future?
- Doc Brown: Nope. Already been there.
- [THE END]
- Michael J. Fox — Marty McFly/Seamus McFly
- Christopher Lloyd — Dr. Emmett Brown
- Thomas F. Wilson — Buford 'Mad Dog' Tannen/Biff Tannen
- Mary Steenburgen — Clara Clayton
- Lea Thompson — Maggie McFly/Lorraine McFly
- Elisabeth Shue — Jennifer Parker
- James Tolkan — Chief Marshal James Strickland