He who is not impatient is not in love.Italian Proverb
- The Abuse of Beauty: Aesthetics and the Concept of Art, By Arthur Coleman Danto, p.1, Published by Open Court Publishing, 2003, ISBN 0812695402, 9780812695403
- Painting, like passion, is a living voice, which, when I hear it, I must let it speak, unfettered.
- American Abstract Expressionism of the 1950s An Illustrated Survey, p.250, Herskovic, Marika; nyschoolpress, 2003, ISBN 0-9677994-1-4
- It is as I work that the work itself begins to have an effect on me. Just as I affect the canvas,so does the canvas affect me.
- The sublime is now.The image we produce is the self evident one of revelation,real and concrete,that can be understood by anyone who will look at it without the nostalgic glasses of history.
- The issue is one of scale, and scale is a felt thing.
- On the size of his paintings
- My zip is a field that brings life to the other fields, just as the other fields bring life to this so-called line.
- On the vertical stripe in many of his paintings
- We are creating images whose reality is self evident and which are devoid of the props and crutches that evoke associations with out-moded images, both sublime and beautiful.
- What is the explanation of the seemingly insane drive of man to be painter or poet if it is not an act of defiance against man' fall and an assertion that he return to the Adam of the Garden of Eden.For artists are the first men.