Barry Alan Crompton Gibb CBE (born 1 September 1946) is a singer, songwriter and producer. He was born in Douglas, Isle of Man, to English parents. With his brothers Robin Gibb and Maurice Gibb, he formed the Bee Gees, one of the most successful pop groups of all time.
- You are never really prepared for criticism.
- When you write a song you have an idea of how it should be sung but it doesn`t work out that way if someone else records it.
- When you are in your 20`s and 30`s, you just want a hit record and you don`t really care how it happens.
- We were very influenced by The Beatles, no question.
- We had to leave Australia to become international stars.
- The only thing that exists to me is commercial pop music.
- My music, certainly, has never embarrassed me.
- The Bee Gees no longer exist.
- Maurice would prance into a room, you know, and his presence was immediate.
- Leaving Australia was the hardest thing I have ever done.
- I`ve worked with a lot of people who are more famous than myself who are terribly insecure.