Batman & Robin (1997 film)
Batman & Robin is a 1997 film and the fourth installment in the comic book-inspired film series initiated by Tim Burton. It starred George Clooney in his only appearance as Batman and Chris O'Donnell returning as Robin, and introduced Batgirl (Alicia Silverstone), a niece of Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred (Michael Gough).
- The heat is on, Freeze!
- She wants to kill you, Dick.
- Hi, Freeze... I'm Batman.
- Vengeance isn't true power. Anyone can take a life. Giving life is true power, the power you once had.
- So I'm asking you. Victor Fries, help me save another life. Show me how to cure MacGregor's Syndrome Stage 1 and maybe you can save the man of the life you once love. He's still inside you, Victor, buried beneath the snow. Will you help me, doctor?
Poison Ivy/Dr. Pamela Isley
- (after Dr. Woodrue's proposal to join him and his attempt to kiss her)Join you! I have spent my life trying to protect plants from extinction and now you...corrupt my research for some maniacal scheme for world domination?
- Hello Jason, I think I've had a change of heart...quite literally i might add. The plant animal toxins had a rather...unique affect on me. They replaced my blood with aloe, my skin with chlorophyll, and filled my lips...with venom. Oh, and Jason, one other thing. I probably should have mentioned this earlier. I'm poison.
- Mammals, a day of reckoning is coming. That's right - the same plants and flowers that saw you crawl from the primordial soup will reclaim the planet. And there will be no one to protect you.
- I'm poison... Poison Ivy.
- I'll help you grab your rocks.
- So many people to kill. So little time.
- I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours! 'cause it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.
- It took God seven days to create paradise. Let's see if I can do better.
- Why not send junior home early, I have some wild oats to sow.
- Come join me, my garden needs tending.
- I must confess the combination of heroic daring-do and an anatomically correct rubber suit puts fire in a girl's lips.
- Hey there prettie birdie.
- Polly wanna kiss?
- One kiss my love, for luck.
- As I told Lady Freeze when I pulled her plug, this is a one woman show!
- Some lucky boys about to hit the honney pot. To the winner, i'll include an evening with myself, including everything you see here and everything you don't
- You two boys aren't going to fight over little old me now are you?
- That's not a man. That's a god.
- Batface and Birdbrain showed a remarkable resistance to my love-dust. But no matter. Next time I'll just have to give them a stronger dose. They'll literally be dying for me.
- Men, the most absurd of God's creatures. We give you life... and we can take it away just as easily.
- I've never been good with competition. Who needs a frigid wife anyway?
- Stop living in the shadow of the big bad bat. You don't need him. You're the star. I can see it now. Your own big bright signal in the sky. Let me guide you, let me touch you. Let me kiss you.
- Just what I had in mind. Everything dead on earth, except us. A chance for Mother Nature to start again. Behold, the dawn of a new age. My mutant plants have the strength of the deadliest animals. Once you have frozen mankind, these babies will overrun the globe, and we shall rule them, for we will be the only two people left in the world.
- Batman and Robin, militant arm of the warm-blooded oppressors, animal protectors of the status quo. First I'll rid myself of the fur and feathered pests, and then Gotham, will be mine for the greening.
Mr. Freeze/Dr. Victor Fries
- Ice to meet you.
- Can you be cold, Batman? You have 11 minutes to thaw the bird. What will you do: chase the villain or save the boy? Emotion makes you weak. That's why this day is mine. I'll kill you next time!
- Let me guess. Plant Girl? Vine Lady? Huh? Hand over the diamond, Garden Gal, or I'll turn you into mulch.
- (as Poison Ivy breaks him out of jail, with Bane carrying his suit in a shopping cart) A laundry service that delivers! Wow!
- I hope Mr. Bane can swim!
- Tonight, Hell freezes over!
- (giving Batman two of his vials for curing Alfred) Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.
- I am your new cellmate. And I have come to make your life a living Hell. Prepare for a bitter harvest. Winter... has come at last.
- The ice man cometh!
- You're not sending me to the cooler!
- Mercy?! I'm afraid my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy.
- Tonight, hell freezes over!
- What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!
- In this universe, there's only one absolute ... everything freezes!
- Cool party!
- If revenge is a dish best served cold, then put on your Sunday finest. It's time to feast!
- Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it's the chilling sound of your doom.
- Let's kick some ice!
- Caution. Bridge may ice over.
- Always winterize your pipes.
- Not so fast. Time you cooled your heels.
- Alright, everyone, chill!
- Cops on the rocks, anyone?
- Bat on ice, anyone?
- We aim to ... Freeze.
- I wonder how cold I can get my shower ... Frosty!
- You're skating on thin ice. My passion thaws for my bride alone.
- Tonight's forecast ... a freeze is coming!
- Nothing frustrates a man like a frigid wife.
- But I shan't be here forever...
- A gentleman never discusses his illnesses.
- I've programmed my b-brain algorithms into the Batcomputer and created a virtual simu-simulation.
- We're going to need a bigger cave.
- [to Poison Ivy] Your about to become compost.
- [to Poison Ivy] Using feminine wiles to get what you want? Trading on your looks? Read a book sister that pass of agressive number one out long ago. Chicks like you give women a bad name.
[Freeze is watching a video of his wedding]
- Frosty: [Holds up newspaper] Hey boss, check this out!
- Mr. Freeze: [Freezes Frosty] I hate when people talk during the movie.
- Robin: I want a car. Chicks dig the car.
- Batman: This is why Superman works alone
- Dr. Jason Woodrue: [sighs] Well, I can respect your opinion, Sadly I'm not good at rejection, I'm afraid you'll have to die!
(after Pamela Isley first emerges as Poison Ivy)
- Poison Ivy: (yawns and stretches)
- Dr. Woodrue: Dr. Isley?
- Poison Ivy: (Notices Dr. Woodrue for the first time)Hmm?
- Dr. Woodrue: Pamela?
- Poison Ivy: Mmm-hmm(acknowledges herself)
- Dr. Woodrue: You look great, especially for a dead women.
- Poison Ivy: Hello Jason. I think I've had a change of heart.
- Dr. Woodrue: (thinking she has accepted him as a lover)Me?
- Poison Ivy: Or quite...literaly. The animal plant toxins had a rather...unique affect on me. They replaced my blood with aloe, my skin with chlorophyll, and filled my lips(kisses Dr. Woodrue) with Venom.(Dr. Woodrue begins to die) Oh and Jason, one other thing. I probably should have mentioned this earlier. I'm poison.