Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
A beard is the hair that grows on a human chin, cheeks, neck and the area above the upper lip.
- He that hath a beard is more than a youth; and he that hath no beard is less than a man.
- Beatrice, from William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, act ii, scene i
- There are two types of people that go around beardless; boys and women, and I am neither.
- Greek Proverb
- Edmund: [Referring to The Bearded Lady] Great. We've only got one act, and she shaved her beard off!
- [Lord Flasheart nods to Baldrick, who's dressed as a bridesmaid.]
Flasheart: Thanks, Bridesmaid! Like the beard! Gives me something to hang on to!
- Baldrick: Yeah, and I could be played by some tiny tit in a beard.
- Narrator: [introducing Baldrick] The other was the sole descendant of an unfortunate meeting between a pig-farmer and a bearded lady. History has, quite rightly, forgotten his name.