Happiness is not a possession to be prized. It is a quality of thought, a state of mind.Daphne Du Maurier
- There's me going to bed every night worried because you had to share a bed with Ste, and all the time you were... you turned a seventy minus one.
- No, I know what you need... shooting.
- Leah's Mother: Oh, I suppose I should be glad it's not techno-acidic housey-housey pop trash.
- Ryan: What you fuckin' looking at!?
- Miss Chauhan: Less "fucking" and more attention, please! [looking at a pregnant student] Something you might have said to your boyfriend that, Gina.
- Tony: Jamie... how old are you?
- Jamie: Old enough. How old are you?
- Tony: Twenty-seven; not old enough to be your dad, right?
- Ryan: How about a drink?
- Sandra: Have a wank, big bollocks!
- Neighbour: It's her; she can't control her kids!
- Leah's Mother: I have only got the one, you know.
- Neighbour: It's just as bloody well!
- [Jamie and Ste go to bed]
- Jamie: ...Ste?
- Ste: Hm?
- Jamie: You alright?
- Ste: Yeah.
- [Jamie pauses]
- Jamie: ...Ste?
- Ste: What?
- Jamie: Goodnight.
- Ste: Goodnight, Jamie.
- Sandra: What's the matter with Madonna?
- Leah: She's a slag.
- Sandra: Hypocrit.
- Jamie: Scared of being called queer!?
- Ste: ...Are you?
- Jamie: Maybe... maybe not.
- Ste: And are you?
- Jamie: Queer?
- Ste: Gay.
- Jamie: Very happy. I'm happy when I'm with you... There, I said it now; go on, piss yourself.
- Ste: No.
- Jamie: Why, don't you think it's funny?
- Ste: I don't want to.
- Jamie: I think it's hilarious.
- Ste: Why aren't you laughing then?
- Jamie: I'm a queer! A bender! Puffer! nob-shiner! Brown-atter! Shirt-flap lifter--!
- Tony: --I get the picture.
- Jamie: Now just leave me alone.
- Tony: And she knows this?
- Jamie: [sarcastically] No, I thought I'd tell you first!
- Jamie: Thanks for telling me.
- Sandra Gangel: Snap.