Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception.Harold Lokes
- Ronnie (Z-Man) Barzell: This is my happening and it freaks me out!
- Casey Anderson: There's juice freaks, and pill freaks, and then everybody's a freak! What you need is grass or a downer or something.
- Kelly MacNamara: In a scene like this you get a contact-high!
- Kelly MacNamara: Come on, man. I doubt if you'd recognize a hippie. I'm a capitalist, baby. I work for my living, not suck off somebody else.
- Petronella Danforth: Don't bogart the joint!
- Ashley St. Ives: You're a groovy boy. I'd like to strap you on sometime.
- Ronnie (Z-Man) Barzell: And you, the infamous Ashley St. Ives, high priestess of carnality, what thou think of our fair minstrels?
- Partygoer 1: You're a moonchild.
- Partygoer 2: And you're a bitch!
- Ronnie (Z-Man) Barzell: Ere this night does wane, you will drink the black sperm of my vengeance!
- Randy Black: No baby, no. Not now. Just leave it. That's the trouble with people today. All uptight about tomorrow, hanging on to yesterday. It's no good, no good at all. There's only one time that counts: now; right now. If you don't live for now, why, you might as well just roll over and take the full count.
- This time... they've really gone.
- This is not a sequel. There has never been anything like it.
- The world is fill of them, the super-octane girls who are old at twenty. If they get to be twenty.
- The first of shock rock.