- 1 Manga taglines
- 2 Byakuya Kuchiki (朽木 白哉, Kuchiki Byakuya)
- 3 Gin Ichimaru (市丸 ギン, Ichimaru Gin)
- 4 Ichigo Kurosaki (黒崎 一護, Kurosaki Ichigo)
- 5 Ichigo's Inner Hollow (内部 虚, Inner Hollow)
- 6 Isshin Kurosaki (黒崎 一心, Kurosaki Isshin)
- 7 Ikkaku Madarame (斑目 一角, Madarame Ikkaku)
- 8 Jūshirō Ukitake (浮竹 十四郎, Ukitake Jūshirō)
- 9 Kaien Shiba (志波 海燕, Shiba Kaien)
- 10 Kisuke Urahara (浦原 喜助, Urahara Kisuke)
- 11 Kenpachi Zaraki (更木 剣八, Zaraki Kenpachi)
- 12 Kon (コン)
- 13 Mayuri Kurotsuchi (涅 マユリ, Kurotsuchi Mayuri)
- 14 Orihime Inoue (井上 織姫, Inoue Orihime)
- 15 Rangiku Matsumoto (松本 乱菊, Matsumoto Rangiku)
- 16 Renji Abarai (阿散井 恋次, Abarai Renji)
- 17 Rukia Kuchiki (朽木 ルキア, Kuchiki Rukia)
- 18 Sajin Komamura (狛村 左陣, Komamura Sajin)
- 19 Shunsui Kyōraku (京楽 春水, Kyōraku Shunsui)
- 20 Soifon (砕蜂)
- 21 Sōsuke Aizen (藍染 惣右介, Aizen Sōsuke)
- 22 Tōshirō Hitsugaya (日番谷 冬獅郎, Hitsugaya Tōshirō)
- 23 Uryū Ishida (石田 雨竜, Ishida Uryū)
- 24 Ulquiorra Schiffer (ウルキオラ・シファー, Urukiora Shifā)
- 25 Yachiru
- 26 Yasutora Sado (茶渡 泰虎 Sado Yasutora)
- 27 Yoruichi Shihouin (四楓院 夜一, Shihōin Yoruichi)
- 28 Zangetsu (斬月)
- 29 Others
- 30 Dialogue
- 31 External links
We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
We fear that which we cannot see.
People are able to hold on to hope,
since death is that which cannot be seen
People have hope
Because they cannot see Death standing behind them
If I were the rain, that binds together the earth and the sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind two hearts together?
If I were the rain
That joins sky and earth that otherwise never touch
Could I join two hearts as well?
We come together,
Like drops of water, like the astral bodies
We oppose each other
Like magnets, like the colors of skin
Unless I grip the sword, I cannot protect you.
While gripping the sword,I cannot embrace you.
Yes, there is no Fate for us
Only those who are swallowed by
Ignorance and fear and miss a step
Fall into the rapid river called Fate
We should not shed tears
That is a surrender of the body to the heart
It is only proof
That we are beings that do not know
What to do with our hearts
If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is
Like a blade
Oh, all of us dream
That we are flying the skies
With our eyes open
- Everything in this world
Exists to wear you down
- We reach out with our hands
Brush away the clouds and pierce the sky
To grab the moon and Mars
but we still can't reach the truth
- Light a fire to the fang that cannot be reached
So that I do not have to see that star
So that I do not slit this throat
- We think a flower on a cliff is beautiful
because we stop our feet at the cliff's edge,
unable to step out into the sky
like that fearless flower.
- Every time we set aside our pride
We take a step closer to the beast
Every time we kill an emotion
We take a step away from the beast
- Creak, creak, tower of purgatory
Piercing the world like light
Sway, sway, tower of spine
Will it be us or the sky that falls?
- I just keep practicing
Saying goodbye to you
- The constant shower of the sun's mane
will erase the remaining footprints on the thin ice.
Don't be afraid when you are deceived
for the world is already full of deception.
- Red like blood.
White like bone.
Red like solitude.
White like silence.
Red like the beastly instinct.
White like a god's heart.
Red like thawing hatred.
White like a frozen, pained cry.
Red like the night's hungry shadows.
So shooting through the moon in a sigh is like
radiant white, scattered red.
- Your shadow stealthily
leaves nothing of where you go, like a poisoned needle
that sews together my footsteps.
Your light pliantly
strikes the water tower, like a lightning bolt.
that severs the source of my life.
- No, nothing can change my world.
- One who paints the beauty in love
is one who pretends to know her form.
One who paints the ugliness in love
is one who once arrogantly knew her form.
- This entire world
exists for the sake of cornering you.
- There is no meaning in our world
And no meaning in us who live there
We, meaningless, think of the world
Although knowing that there is no meaning there
Is even meaningless itself
- We are the fish in front of a waterfall
We are insects inside a cage
We are the remains of a high wave,
The staff of the skull,
The stream of power, the whale that swallows it all
We are the ox with five horns
We are the monster that blows out fire
The children that wail
Ah, we are
Poisoned by the moon light
- Doesn't matter who it is
I'll fuckin' break 'em.
- Destroy everyone and everything
- We are all
dead since we are born
The end is
there before anything starts
If to live is
to continue learning
The end is when we learn the very last thing
To finally discover the end
and learning about it completely
is what death is
We are not allowed to learn about something
Those who cannot transcend death,
shouldn't learn of anything
- That voice that pierces deep in my heart
is just like cheers that will not end
As one we are not blended,
As two we do not have the same form,
We just do not have pupils,
In our direction there is no hope,
Is in the heart's place.
- We fear that which we cannot see...
we respect that which we cannot see...
thus the blade will be wielded.
- How slow, even while falling.
- Surely that man did not mean to call me by my first name?
- Scatter, Senbonzakura.
- [after Ukitake coughs up blood while demanding that Byakuya respond to Rukia's execution] You should be careful, Ukitake. You'll only shorten your life. Having lost your lieutenant, I wouldn't think losing one more would matter.
- Feeling a faint motion of reiatsu toward cell four deep, I wondered what powerful warrior was hiding his reiatsu to slip inside, but it was merely a gnat.
- Disappear. My sword does not exist to crush insects like you.
- Are you telling me to exploit an opening for the likes of you? Do not speak out of your league, boy.
- No choice, then. Before you become intoxicated by your own power, I shall show you a decisive power gap that you could not overcome in a millennium of struggle.
- The Kuchiki clan is one of the four noble houses. We must set the standard for all shinigami. If we do not abide by the code...then who will uphold it?
- [on Ichigo] I was... never his enemy. He was fighting the laws of the Soul Society. He's similar... to the one whose ferocity I found distasteful.
- Rukia... I'm sorry.
- That's not possible. With your ability, you couldn't even make one of my knees touch the ground.
- The curtain that falls at the end...shall be pulled down by the blade of my sword.
- Put away your sword and you shall live...unless you're still dreaming about defeating me. Did you forget, or did it just never occur to you...that I have Bankai as well?
- Your fangs will never be able to touch me. Ever.
- Be proud as someone who, after being struck by this power, is still able to retain the shape of a body.
- Well done. That time, your fang definitely touched me.
- It is a thousand years too early... for you to become worthy enough to die by my Bankai.
- You have a total of fifty eyes upon your body. With a mere fifty eyes... Exactly which do you intend to control... of these millions of blades that blot out the sky?
- I believe you told me that it was "futile" to put up resistance? That there was nothing I could do? Allow me to correct you somewhat. The situation in which you find yourself right now, that is what we call "futile".
- You and I...our levels are as distant as the earth from the heavens. ...Must I spell it out for you? I have discarded my left arm, discarded my left leg, and yet even then I have not nearly lowered myself to your level.
- ...An Arrancar, thinking of himself as an equal to me. That alone is already a form of pride itself.
- The arrogant one is you, Espada. But rest at ease. The reason for your loss is not due to that arrogance. It is simply due to a difference in power.
- Exactly when did I say that I do this because I am a shinigami? My killing you is no other reason than the fact that you... [view shifts to Rukia] Pointed your blade at my pride.
- "Control"... you say? When you stand before me... that word holds no meaning. Bankai. Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.
- (to a screaming espada) Have you gone insane?
- [To Ichigo as the gate to Seireitei closes] Bye Bye!
- A gatekeeper ain't supposed to open gates.
- Sorry, Aizen-sama. I got caught.
- Shoot 'em dead, Shinsō!
- If you pull yer sword in a place like this, I'll just have to stop ya, won't I?
- Truly the incarnation of a heavenly guardian said to come along once every 100 years.
- Sorry, Rangiku... If only you'd held on a little longer...
- (Matsumoto is lying down. Ichimaru feeds Matsumoto a piece of fruit) Eat this. Fainting from hunger means you have it too, right? Spirit power.
- If you stay here, I'll have no choice but to kill you.
- It's easier to crush a dream than realize one, forming a bond is infinitely more difficult than breaking one.
- [To Rukia as she is taken to Sokyoku Hill] Bye Bye, Rukia chan! See 'ya at the execution grounds.
- Dammit, is that how you greet your son who went out of his way to help a ghost on the way home?!
- I see. So basically, you're a shinigami? And you came all the way from some place called Soul Society to vanquish evil spirits? Which means that monster earlier was one of those evil spirits? And it attacked that little girl? Okay, I belie-- NO WAY I'LL BELIEVE THAT, DUMBASS!
- [After the hollow of Orihime's brother threatens to kill her] Do you know why the big brother is born first? It's to protect the little brothers and sisters that come after him. A brother telling his sister, "I'll kill you..." You never, ever say something like that.
- I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes.
- I'm not Superman. So I can't say anything big like I'll protect everyone on Earth. I'm not a modest guy who will say it's enough if I can protect as many people as my two hands can handle either. I want to protect... a mountain-load of people.
- I hate ghost shows.
- "Amazing Armor of Justice," my ass! More like "Armor of Junk!"
- The moment I came out of that hole was the moment your luck ran out!
- The one being saved doesn't get to complain!
- Hold on. So in my mind, this jacked-up, sideways ridiculousness is the normal state?
- (to self) Thanks, Rukia. Because of you, looks like the rain has finally stopped falling.
- Shut up! You're being rescued, so stop babbling! You should go cower in the corner, shiver in fear, and scream "Help! Help!"
- We can't waste time worrying about the what-if's. Rukia's execution date has been changed to noon tomorrow. So what? If the deadline has been changed to tomorrow... I'll just have to finish today!
- The power in my hands was gained for her sake!
- [to Byakuya] To execute your own sister with your own two hands? What a sick joke! No matter what reasons you have... under whatever circumstances... don't ever say that in front of Rukia again! Use your Ban kai! I will destroy it! Then I will take you to Rukia and... make you cry while apologizing to her!
- Your so-called honor... demands that you kill Rukia. If that's the case... then stepping on your honor... is the reason... I achieved Bankai!
- Wait, you just called my closet dirty, didn't you!?
- That's right. I've never actually drawn Zangetsu's true power or try to understand him. Zanpakuto are not mere tools. They're each alive. They each have names. I'm no better than that Kenpachi, who doesn't even know his zanpakuto's name.
- Because I swore that I would save her. I just swore it......to...myself!
- Just surviving is meaningless. Fighting just for the sake of it is meaningless. The only thing I want to do is .....WIN!
- I did come here to fight you. And to defeat you, Grimmjow! I'll defeat you! And Ulquiorra! And Aizen! Then I'll take Rukia, Chad, Ishida, Renji and Inoue back with me!! So I can't... I can't let it end here! Grimmjow!
- Now what, you friggin psychopath!?
- Kenpachi. You just said it a while ago, that protecting Karakura Town was my duty. Wrong. My duty is to protect my friends.
- [Referring to Ichigo] After all, he's the king of this world, isn't he? We need him to win. He's a strong one, Zangetsu. Train him well, all of that power is going to be mine... eventually.
- Ichigo, what's the difference between a King and his horse? I don't mean kiddy shit like 'One's a person and one's an animal' or 'One has two legs and one has four'. If their form, ability, and power were exactly the same, why is it that one becomes the King and controls the battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries the King?! There's only one answer; INSTINCT!
- (Speaking to Ichigo) You? kill me? I decline.
- (to Ichigo)
Japanese: Tell me, does a person become your friend, just because you introduce yourself to him? No.
English: Does a stranger become your friend when you ask his name?
- (to Ichigo when he's fighting with Kariya) You suck!
- (repeated line) I don't have a name!
- GOOD MOOOORNING ICHIGOOOOOO!!!!
- It's not anyone's fault that Masaki died. It's just that... the woman I fell in love with... was a woman who could die protecting her son. And don't forget. You are the guy... the woman I loved gave her life to protect.
- (to Karin) Do as your heart desires! Jump into your father's bosom!
- It's one of the basics... So I will teach you. A shinigami at the rank of Captain can control the size of his zanpakuto got it? Otherwise everyone'd carry around ginormous swords... just like you. Remember this well. You can't fathom the power of your rival simply from the size of his zanpakuto. You shouldn't give lectures about Shinigami until you understand that.
- I didn't hate it as much as I said. That hollow, that is. If there's anything that I've truly hated for 20 years without thinking twice... it'd have to be the fact that I failed to save Masaki on that night.
- Live well, Ichigo. Live well, age well, go bald well, and die after me. And... if you can, die smiling.
- [Singing] Who is lucky? I am lucky! None so lucky but... me! And that's right, I said... me! Luck, luck, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me!
- I got no intentions of becoming a captain. Becoming a captain would mean that I can't fight under Captain Zaraki. If your wish is to surpass Kuchiki Byakuya... then I just have one wish: to fight and die under that man's command. That's all.
- Well, you sure have weird ways of doing things. The one who taught me how "to give your name out to he whom you are about to kill" also said... that it was always the last lesson he taught his students. That way, if you do end a person's life... at the very least, they will know the name of the one who slashed their mortal coil. I'm of the 11th Division, 3rd seat, Madarame Ikkaku! You're right, there's no reason for me to hear your name, because the most important thing is that you know mine. After all, it is the name of the man... who will send you to your death!
- Awww maaan, and I really didn't feel like using it this early either. Better watch closely, and make sure you don't tell a soul! Bankai!!
- You can't carry me AND dodge at the same time, Tetsuzaemon!
- I owe this crazy woman.
- All of the waves become my shield! All of the lightning become my sword! Sōgyo no Kotowari!
- If you save Kaien, then what becomes of his pride? If you go to his aid now, his life will be saved. But... at the same time, it would end up killing his pride for all eternity.
- Remember this well. There are two kind of fights. As long as we place ourselves in battle, we must always know the difference: fights to defend life... and fights to defend pride....
- My, my. So dangerous.
- If you were in this situation, what would you have done? You would run after Byakuya... and then kick him in the butt, right? No matter how one captain complains, the central government won't change their decision for one person. But if it's you, you would still run around appealing to save Kuchiki. ...No, you would probably do something completely different. You always choose the path that leads to most danger. Am I right... Kaien?
- The Commander-General's rather violent today, wouldn't you say?
- But don't forget... as long as you're in my division, I'm on your side until death and beyond.
- Uncoil the seas and heavens, Nejibana!
- [possessed by a Hollow] Why do you keep calling my name so? Are you that worried about me? Are you that much in love with me, little girl? If you love me so much...I'll eat you first!
- (dying) Kuchiki, I dragged you into this...I'm sorry. You must've been scared. Thanks, Kuchiki. Thanks to you...I can leave my heart here.
- [when Rukia asks why she is in the Gotei 13] What the hell?! That's so obvious! To "fight" and to "protect"!
- The fight to protect life and the fight to protect honor——that's Captain Ukitake's policy. But you know, Kuchiki...I think that in the end, those both end up being the same thing. ...Heart.
- Every time you and I interact...a bit of "heart" is born between us. Heart isn't something inside you. But whenever you think, whenever you remember someone, that's when heart is born. I mean, if you were the only one alive in the whole world, heart wouldn't exist, now would it?
- Whenever you fight from this point on, there is one thing you must never do. Which is...to die alone.
- When we die, our bodies disintegrate and become part of the reishi that make up Soul Society. And when that time comes...where does your heart go? It gets passed on to your nakama (comrades). If you pass it on to them, then your heart will always live on within them. Kuchiki, that's why...you must never, ever, ever die alone. Got it, Kuchiki?
- Lately, I've been looking at these two guys only. As expected, I see flowers when there are women in the workplace... the atmosphere!
- A warrior who has lost their ability to fight is only going to be in the way.
- [Urahara writes Ichigo a message in blood] Please meet at Urahara shop immediately. [After Ichigo freaked out] P.S: If you look at this message and think that it is the message of a person before his death... then you have no sense of humor.
- That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat.
- I'll drive you into a corner and make you remember that attack.
- There is nothing but fear reflected in your sword. When you dodge, you're afraid of getting killed. When you attack, you're afraid of killing someone. Even when you try to protect someone, you're afraid of letting them die. Yes, your sword speaks to me only of absurd fear. What's necessary in a fight isn't fear. Nothing can be born of that. When you dodge, "I won't let them cut me." If you protect someone, "I won't let them die." If you attack, "I will kill them." Well, can't you see the resolve to kill you in my sword?
- [To Yoruichi] It's alright! Kurosaki-san's potential is greater than mine!
- Noooo, there's no way I, a mere handsome and sexy shopkeeper, could possibly have bankai!
- Oh, it IS a chore. Risking your life and keeping busy are all the same!
- [Singing to Yammy] Aizen-sama will get maaaad at youuuu!
- (sneezes) Ohhh, there must be a pretty girl talking about me!
- Sing, Benihime.
- [To Chad and Orihime]Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you.There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you.You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it... You can still decide not to pass through.
- Sanity? Sorry, but I don't remember having such a useless thing in the first place
- "Fighting together with your zanpakuto?" That's a line for a sickly loser bitch who can't fight with his own damn skills! IT AIN'T A LINE FOR YOU OR ME, ICHIGO!
- (Turning to face Yumichika) You seem awfully high-spirited...huh?! (sees his 5th seat officer, apparently not in any way injured). You...you won without getting hurt?!?
- (To Yumichika) Quit shakin' your ass; that's freakin' nasty.
- Wonderful! After I kill you, come back to haunt me so I can kill you again!
- Oh. You can destroy the ground with the reiatsu from your sword? Not bad.
- Blah blah blah... You’re noisy. You just wanna say that you're the good guy, right?
- Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!
- My zanpakuto ain't got a name. It doesn't need one!
- Ain't I? I'm literally hemorrhaging generosity.
- Playing comes first, you can work later!
- Finished? It'll never be finished. A battle isn't like some stupid argument. As long as someone's still breathing, the fight isn't over.
- You want the reason... for fighting? Why don't you just accept it, Ichigo? You seek out the fights. You desire the power. Isn't that right, Ichigo? Everyone who searches for power without exception searches for battle. Do you fight in order to become more powerful? Or you want more power to fight? I can't tell you that. The only thing I know for sure is guys like us were born this way! We were born to fight, Ichigo! Your instincts will keep leading you towards new battles. The only way to become stronger. It's the only way you have! If you want the power to control your enemy, take that sword in your hand and cut him down! That's your only option! Fight, Ichigo! That's the road that continues in front of you, and remains behind you!
- Oh, shut up. I was just thinkin'. With four arms, you're just gonna keep on blockin' my blade. That's no fun at all. So I was thinkin' how to stop you blockin' all my attacks. But, you know...I couldn't think up a single good idea lying down there. So I figure...I'll just have to take out those arms, one by one.
- To Yachiru re. his zanpakuto This isn't a toy, it's a weapon for killing people!
- You idiot! There's always shadows wherever there's light!
- Neeeeeee-saaaaaaan!!! (Sister!!!!)
- [Looks up Rukia's skirt] N-nice angle. I'm glad that I'm a stuffed animal. [Rukia abruptly stomps on Kon] AGGHHH!!! STOP!! STOP!! MY STUFFING'S COMING OUT!! MY STUFFING!!
- [In Ichigo's body] Whew! Keeping my eyebrows knit together all the time is exhausting! How does Ichigo keep this face all the time!?
- He's Friggin HUGE!>
- [On seeing a girl with big boobs] They are the shape of happiness! Jiggle-jiggle, relax-relaxy and wha-wha!!
- We are RADIO-KON BABY!!
- A grenade that's thrown shouldn't come back.
- Killing you now will be as easy as strangling a baby.
- Oh, you know what I'm talking about. That stupid line that all you Quincies keep saying up until the moment you die. By the honor of the Quincy I cannot do this, by the honor of the Quincy I won't allow that. Quincy this, Quincy that! Every last one of you! It's so annoying!
- No trial, no error, no ability to conceptualize. An omniscient being would have no need for such superfluous things... Am I making myself clear? For people who dabble in the sciences, such as ourselves, perfection would make us obsolete. Many magnificent things have been, and will continue to come into existence. And yet every last one of them will fall short of perfection's finish. Our function as men of science relies on their many shortcomings. Then, and only then, can we apply the fruits of our labor. To put it simply... as soon as you began spouting that nonsense about being an immaculate being... your fate was sealed. How dare you call yourself a man of science?
- [To Nemu about Uryuu] Yes, Nemu. Just smother him with those things. Worst case, he dies happy.
- If I were the rain, that binds together the earth and the sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind two hearts together?
- I'm a terrible person, aren't I? "If only Kurosaki-kun would cheer up, I'd be happy." At least, I thought that was how I felt. Then Kuchiki-san came back and cheered Kurosaki-kun up. I should have been really happy, but... but... [Starts to cry] but instead I'm jealous of Kuchiki-san!
- It's just that... It's just that not being able to fight with everyone makes me feel lonely...!! But what would make me feel worse than being lonely is getting in everyone's way... that would make me feel worse!! If it means getting in the way of Kurosaki-kun and everyone... then I would rather be lonely, very lonely.
- We don't look any different from those shinigami. We just dress diferently.
- Kurosaki-kun... I'm weak, so it's always like I turn back to look to you for help. But now I won't turn back and I'll go forward. The next time we meet I won't look to you for help, Kurosaki-kun, I'll be able to fight on my own.
- There are so many things I wanted to do with my life! I wanted to become a teacher! I wanted to become an astronaut! I wanted to own my own bakery, and I wanted to go into Mr. Doughnut's and say, "I'll have them all!" And I wanted to go into Thirty-One and say "I'll have them all!" Ohhhh... I wish I could live life five times over. Then I'd be born in five different cities, I'd stuff myself full with different delicious things five times each, and I'd have five different jobs.... And then for those five times... I'd still fall in love with the same person... Thank you, Kurosaki-kun.... Goodbye.
- [thinking as Nel tells her to cheer for Ichigo] That's right. To begin with, I came here just thinking I wanted to protect everyone. But when I heard they had come to save me, I couldn't help but feel a little glad, just a bit in my heart. When I look at Kurosaki-kun in that mask, I think that he might not have come here to save me at all. Even though it's wrong, they shouldn't be going that far for me.
- I reject!
- [to Momo on Aizen's final letter]] As a vice-captain, I think it's a great honor to be the receiver of her captain's final words. Read it well.
- [Rangiku steps out of the bath naked to comfort a crying Orihime] There, there! Cry, cry, you poor thing. Drown all of your sorrows in my chest!
- Growl, Haineko!
- I hate talkative guys... They gross me out.
- I don't know if you noticed, but you just called him "Captain."
- I'll tattle-tale to Yachiru if you keep that up, Ikkaku!
- So you're the human who got his powers from Rukia?
- You're just an overnight shinigami. You couldn't put one scratch on us real ones.
- I knew it. You can't even ask your own zanpakutō its name.
- Howl, Zabimaru.
- The stray dog in me is dyed into my bones.... All I do is howl at the moon, but I don't have the guts to bite....
- Kurosaki... I know this is shameful, but I'm begging you - Rukia... Please save Rukia!
- I shall light a fire upon the fang that falls short, so that I needn't see that star... so that it shall not tear this throat of mine.
- I've always been afraid... Always been pretending to follow you closely, always pretending to sharpen my fangs, when the truth is I'm... scared to death just treading on your shadow.
- Don't just blame yourself. You're not tough enough to withstand everything. Split the load, to my shoulders, and to Ichigo's. Just stack it little by little. That's why we've become stronger. Believe in him, Rukia.
- Roar, my Zabimaru, chop up that radish!
- Now, we head towards the battlefield! Believe, and our blades will not break! Believe, and our hearts will not bend! Though the roads we take may be different, our iron hearts will beat as one! Swear, that even if the Earth is torn asunder, we will live and return here once again!
- If you wanna talk to me, do it while I cut you to pieces. But, I'm not gonna hold back one bit! Bankai!
- I already told you...you can't kill me with that sword anymore!
- I see. I feel a strong pulse.
- You can see me? Rather, you kicked me....
- You... must become a shinigami.
- (holds up juice box) How do you drink from this?
- [on her gigai] Darn those stupid engineers! They're all legs and boobs when it's muscle I need!
- Move one inch from here... just try coming after me... and I will never forgive you!
- You are going to die...so why not just stay here and live a few seconds longer?
- [On Kaien] It was a normal introduction, a normal scolding, a normal relationship between a superior and a subordinate. That normality... ...was what I desired the most.
- What does pride matter?! Compared to life, pride is nothing!
- [about Kaien] No. No, I didn't do anything to deserve thanks. I ran away... because I was afraid to fight you. I came back... because I couldn't face my cowardice in the future. I stabbed you... because I couldn't bear to see you in pain. The only one I had saved... was my... ugly self.
- I'm not worth shedding blood over.
- [on Ichigo's fears] If it was defeat, you need to train harder! If it was about your companions, then you need to reseal those promises after becoming a more virtuous man! If it's about your hollow... then just become strong enough until you can shatter it in an instant! The "you" that still lives on in my heart, Ichigo... would do exactly that!
- I even brought some little things to spruce up that dirty little closet! A lamp! A door bell! A back scrubber! A little window!
- In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power. They are the ones that have no resolve for battle.
- ...Of all the battles in Soul Society, no one was in the way. Not Ichigo, nor Sado, nor Ishida, and neither were you, Inoue. If there was any one of you missing, I wouldn't be where I am today.
- [after the Espada impersonating Kaien claims to be him] Don't you ever say that name again!!!
- I just remembered... where the heart truly lies... Kaien-dono's spirit body really does exist within you, but... Kaien-dono himself does not. And that's because Kaien-dono had already entrusted his heart to me!... Farewell, Espada.
- I know what it means to be alone. The loneliness of being a prisoner, the happiness of being saved by my nakama, and my horror at all the pain they went through in order to save me. Do not worry, Inoue... I'll be right... there...!
- They say the mouth is the root of all misfortune.
- Dance, Sode no Shirayuki
- Why did you become a Shingami? Was it not for your deceased friend? Was it not to carry out justice? Where is your justice now?
- Let us commence, Zaraki! Your favorite game of carnage!
- [thinking at the grave of Tousen's friend] O' anonymous friend of Tousen... If you had been there... what would you have said to stop him?
- Don't retreat, Tetsuzaemon. No matter what.You stand firm right behind me!
- I see... then I shall stop that yawn in it's tracks... Bankai
- You are right. I have not introduced myself. I am seventh division captain Komamura Sajin. And though it shames me, I am just as you say a mere worm of a man.
- Flowers are disturbed, god of flowers weeps, winds of Heaven are disturbed, demon of Heaven laughs. Katen Kyōkotsu!
- Nanao-chan is last place!
- Cute, cute Nanao-chaaaan. Lovely, lovely Nanao-- AHHHHHHH!!!!
- I placed this blade of grass in my mouth thinking I'd look cool. But it must be poison 'cause ith makinth ma mouth numb.
- Do we really have to fight, old man Yama?
- Why so cold, Nanao-chan?
- [To Stark, about Lillinette] That child with you...can you send her somewhere else? I can't really go all out with her there.
- Why didn't you take me with you!? Yoruichi-sama?
- The one hundred years we were apart were meant to bring me power and make you weak! Yoruichi!
- You know the power of my zanpakuto, Suzumebachi. If someone gets hit twice in the same spot...they die!
- Showing your back in a battle? You've become a fool Yoruichi!
- Such words are wasted on someone like me.
- I'll always be there to fight along side you. I promise!
- [after Yoruichi's departure, remembering the promise to stay by her] Liar.
- I'm inadequate in everything.
- Of my five older siblings, two died on the first mission, then two more on the second. Then on the sixth mission, the last one... died as well. I felt sad, somewhat, but more than that, I felt ashamed of their incompetence.
- I thought I told you. If you see your allies losing, that's your chance. Don't step between them. Take the enemy down from behind. And if the enemy's so strong, you can't even do that, then just watch your ally be killed. That's what it means to be Special Forces.
- I'll show you a real assassination. No... maybe you won't be able to see it.
- [To Hitsugaya, after stabbing Hinamori] Aww... you found her. Sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way, No. I should have chopped her into little pieces and hidden them away where you would never find them.
- I had no intention of deceiving anyone. It's just that none of you understood...my true self.
- Don't use such strong words--It makes you look weak.
- Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding.
- It's so very difficult for me to hold back and step on an ant without crushing it.
- 'No longer the Aizen you know,' hm...? I'm afraid you've been deluded, Abarai-kun...The 'Aizen Sōsuke' you knew never existed to begin with.
- In my eyes, there is no difference between wiping away one speck of dust or two.
- Oh? I thought I severed your body from the waist-down, but...seems the cut was too shallow.
- Thus there were no breakthroughs, as other researchers were bound by obstacles such as ignorance and morals.
- Since the beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens. Neither you, nor I, nor even God himself. But that unbearable vacancy in the Throne of Heaven shall be filled. From this day forth... I will stand in heaven.
- Good morning, Espada. There's been an enemy attack. But first... shall we make some tea?
- No matter what may happen... as long as you walk alongside me... there shall be no enemy standing before us.
- Grimmjow, I'm thankful for your intentions but I've not yet finished speaking. Please go back to your seat... Well? I still didn't hear your answer, Grimmjow [Aizen releases extraordinary amount of spirit energy. Grimmjow falls on his hands and knees breathing heavily.] I see you understand, Grimmjow.
- [To Orihime, after being taken from Ichigo once again] A girl like you should smile more often. Overcast skies blot out the sun, and that always brings peoples spirits down. So why not let the sun shine, for just a little bit longer.
- Sit upon the frozen heavens! Hyōrinmaru!!
- Bankai! Daiguren Hyōrinmaru!
- If you make Hinamori shed even one drop of blood, I'll kill you.
- No, not yet, now that you've made me this serious. Regret as much as you damn well want!!
- Dummy. I'm not gonna dwell on what happened forever. All that junk... it's the furthest thing on my mind. You should especially quit worrying about it and get some more sleep. Hurry up and get rid of your Panda eyes, got it?
- Don't come back... "Bed-wetter" Momo.
- Aizen, I will kill you.
- Don't just stand back... freakin disappear
- [to Momo, smiling slightly] How many times do I have to tell you? It's not Hitsugaya-kun, it's Hitsugaya-taichō.
- [To Ichigo after he calls him 'Tōshiro'] Bastard, you said that on purpose, didn't you?
- We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine... forever.
- Your weapon may have eight arms, but mine is all the water in the atmosphere! Sennen Hyourou! Sorry. Eight wasn't enough.
- Matsumoto you idiot!
- [repeated line when irritated] MATSUMOTO!!!
- [repeated line] It's Captain Hitsugaya!
- I swear on the pride of the Quincy, I will kill you!
- Ah, Kurosaki, I see you've finally realized the importance of a cape.
- Apparently, on this side, "ultimate master" means a windbag with diarrhea of the mouth.
- Calling me a coward, eh? At least say it so I can hear it....
- [lying about coming to save Rukia] Just passing by. No big deal.... Well, if you must know, I felt a sudden urge to go to Sunflower Seams, that 24-hour dressmaking shop. There's a branch near here. That's where I was headed at this late hour. I certainly didn't bring this bag with me just so I would have an excuse for suddenly leaving the house because I sensed the spirit energy of a shinigami, all right?
- Do you want me to tell you the name you can't remember? The name of his student was Ishida...Uryu Ishida. This man is Souken Ishida, he was my teacher...as well as my grandfather!
- Its a good thing Orihime isn't here, I wouldn't want her to see what I'm about to do to you...
- Kurosaki Ichigo... you are completely insane!
- I hate Shinigami
- That's right... If I'm the first one here, I can save Kuchiki-san. Kurosaki must've wanted to rescue her himself... If I did it, he will get really pissed... hehehe...
- Seele Schneider isn't a sword.Quincy only use bows and arrows.
- That's right, Woman. I have business with you. You can even regenerate injuries that extensive? Follow me, Woman. Don't speak. You will say "yes." Reply any other way, I... won't kill "you." But I'll kill your "friends." Don't ask anything. Don't say anything. You have no rights to anything. The only thing that you have grasping in your hand is the throats of your comrades that rest on the guillotine of the string you hold. That's all. Understand this, Woman. This isn't a negotiation, it's an order. Aizen desires your powers. I've been instructed to bring you back unharmed. I'm only going to say it once more, come with me, Woman.
- And it seems you got a new power. However, is it all you are capable of doing with it? That is the end. There is not how you interfere. The sun is already within grasp.
- I was not capable of stopping it even using both hands. That surprised me a little. Was that your full power? Well, it seems to be. Disappointing.
- Kurosaki Ichigo, you have no chance of defeating me. Even if you somehow manage to defeat me, there will be three more powerful than me for you to fight. It doesn't matter if you stand up a thousand times. A road to the victory does not exist.
- It seems I have overestimated you quite a bit. Your evolution did not even satisfy my expectations. This is the end.
- Even saying they were just a bunch of fools would suffice. So why can't you? Were it me... I would be angry at the ignorance of those who would enter Hueco Mundo... without even testing their own power.
- [To Yammy] They're all trash...kill them all.
- You humans are always talking about hearts. It's as if you have them in your hand. But my eye sees everything. What it does not see does not exist. That's how I've always fought. That's how I've always lived. What is a heart? [putting hand to ribcage] If I rip open your chest, will I find it there? [leaning forward slowly] If I crack open your skull, will I find it there?
- (When someone talks about the Wu-Tang Clan): You mean the illest nine man supergroup? I heard they were the lyrical 9-MC group ever to touch the mic! I love their "Protect Ya Neck"!
- Abuelo... That means grandpa.
- It seem that my power is more akin to yours than that of a shinigami or a quincy.
- El Directo
- La Muerte
- I don't believe that an absolute power really exists in any world. Power is unstable. It changes constantly. Small differences will always appear, as one has between you and I. So the one who widens that gap will be the winner!
- [Reply to Shunsui Kyōraku] It's true, I know nothing about her(Rukia). It might not be quite enough to risk my life. But...Ichigo want to save her. That's plenty.
- Can't you tell, Aizen? You no longer have a place to run away to.
- You shy, little boy.
- It's been a while... Byakuya-bo.
- In three days, I will make this boy stronger than you.
- Do you remember the first time you walked? No. So you weren't conscious of it. Then why did you walk? Everyone was born knowing how to walk. It's called instinct. That's what this boy reminds me of. He knows he can achieve bankai, so he continues.
- Are you sure you don't want to see this smooth skin of a young woman? This will be the last time....
- It looks to me like you've completely lost your touch.
- No matter how many times I do this, it results in a wonderful reaction from you, Ichigo!
- [thinking after Soi Fon asks why she didn't take her with her] You've gotten stronger since the last time we were together, Soi Fon.
- Kisuke and I used to play here when we were kids. We modeled the one under his shop after this one. It was our own secret playground.
- That's enough, Soi Fon. You remind me of myself. I even think of you sometimes as my little sister.
- [Re Ichigo] Such an inexperienced man!
- [When she hops into the bath with Ichigo, but in cat form] What? Disappointed? Tell me honestly. Eh? You little pervert!
- I see. So I still haven't reached you....
- Just how many times must I strain my voice before it will reach you? And yet, nowhere in this world can there be anyone who knows me better than you.
- Ichigo... I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky become clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easy. Can you understand... the horror of being pelted by rain in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I will let no rain fall in this world. Ichigo, trust me. You are not fighting alone.
- Why do you run, Ichigo? You still have not called me. Face forward, Ichigo. You should be able to hear it now. That which blocks your ears is worthless fear. The enemy is one, you are one. What is there to fear? Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat, and you will age. Hesitate, and you will die. Shout! My name is....
- Do you want to fight? Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which is it?
- Though you fight a fierce battle on the outside, your inner world trembles not the slightest.
- Hachigen Ushōda: It doesn't matter what people say you should be, What's important is how you want to be.
- Hisagi Shuugei: He who doesn't fear his own sword...is not worthy to hold it.
- Ganju Shiba: There ain't a single coward who'd turn tail and run from just that! Not among the men of the Shiba clan!
- Sōken Ishida: Be it human or shinigami, seeing a sad face is unbearable to me.
- Keigo Asano: IIIIIIIIICHIGOOOO!!!
- Keigo Asano: wh..what?! Shinigami!? Shinigami a god of death? Just what the hell are you talking about..!?
- Don Kan'onji: THE SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
- Don Kan'onji: This certainly... SMELLS LIKE BAD SPIRITS!! (His catchphrase)
- Yuzu Kurosaki: Bostaf is gone!!
- Karin Kurosaki: Just seeing them doesn't make me believe in them....
- Tatsuki Arisawa: Then he's walked you to a place where nobody is around pull him into a dark place and... TAKE HIM DOWN!!!!
- Tatsuki Arisawa: C'mon What's wrong!! None of you guys are a match for me!! BRING ON STRONGER GUYS!!
- Shinji Hirako: Correct! a zanpakuto and a hollow's mask do you get it? I am shinigami who has crossed over into the domain of the hollows. so let's be friends. I am a vizard the same kind as you.
- Shinji Hirako: If you keep breaking things each time I dodge your attacks, I'm gonna start feeling bad for dodging them.
- Kaname Tōsen: I told you, Komamura... the only thing my eyes see is the path with the least bloodshed. Justice is always in that path. The path I chose to walk... was justice.
- Doldoni Alessandro del Socattio: Leave your chocolate here and become a demon, niño. Just as strong as a demon, and just as wicked. You must realize that... the only way to stand up to the coldhearted is to become the cold hearted yourself. Because if you don´t, niño...
- Jinta Hanakari: A uniform of shinigami and a mask... It's a hollow or a shinigami!?
- Nnoitra: Pray, Santa Teresa.
- Nnoitra: This is a Battle, of course it's going to be unfair. That which is called battle was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. "I can't stand that guy..." "I can beat that guy..." "I can't forgive that guy..." We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy until one of you draws his last breath, you are in a battle. To come bursting into the middle of an enemy stronghold, have a great flashy battle like that and not expect someone to come after you...That's a bad joke, Shinigami.
- Grimmjow Jaggerjack: Grind, Pantera.
- Grimmjow Jaggerjack: You're a Shinigami and I'm a Hollow. Whichever side loses will be massacred! It's been that way for over a thousand years! Who needs any more reason than that?! Now bring it! The last man standing gets to go home alive! That's all there is to it!
- Chizuru Honsho: YES I DO!! EVERY SEASON I WANT GIRLS!!!
- Ririn re Kon: They say even death can't cure an idiot.
- Yachiru to Ichigo: Try to stay alive, okay? That way, you and Kenny can play again some day!
- Yachiru: Someone get this creature off meeeeeee!
- Ichigo: Bankai! [Ichigo unleashes his final release] Tensa Zangetsu.
- Byakuya: What is that? Are you saying that this small thing is a bankai? Isn't it just a zanpakutō? I see. First the kyokukei, and now the bankai. I can see that you really enjoy stomping on our pride. Fine, then. I will carve into your body... just what kind of retribution you will receive for injuring our pride!
[Byakuya tries to attack Ichigo, but Ichigo's sword allows him to move faster, and appears right in front of Byakuya, pointing Zangetsu at Byakuya's throat]
- Ichigo: "Our pride?" It seems that this "pride" is connected to killing Rukia. Then it's just as you said. I will stomp on that.
- Zangetsu: What are you doing?
- Ichigo: That dude....
- Zangetsu: Why do you run, Ichigo? You still have not called me. Face forward, Ichigo. You should be able to hear it now. That which blocks your ears is worthless fear. The enemy is one, you are one. What is there to fear? Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat, and you will age. Hesitate, and you will die. Shout! My name is....
- Ichigo: Zangetsu!!
- Byakuya: Did you think you could escape me with such a slow flash step?
- Yoruichi: Did you think you could capture me with such a predictable flash step?
- Ichimaru: [In a flashback] You could have held on a little longer... Sorry.
- Matsumoto: [Thinking] That's what I hate about you.
- Matsumoto: [Sighs] What a fool.
[Hitsugaya enters the room without Matsumoto noticing.]
- Hitsugaya: Who is?
- Matsumoto: WHOA!! You scared me! They almost spilled out!
- Hitsugaya: What did?
- Matsumoto: My breasts. Like this.
- Hitsugaya: Don't show me!
[Hitsugaya and Matsumoto are in front of 'Health Land']
- Hitsugaya: Matsumoto... Why are we finishing the paperwork at Health Land?
- Matsumoto: Oh, why not? I think it's a better idea to take a bath first, then meet up at the lobby to finish off business!
[Matsumoto starts walking towards Health Land]
- Hitsugaya: Hey, wait!
[Hitsugaya and Matsumoto are in the lobby talking to a receptionist]
- Receptionist: I'm sorry, but the small child must be with an adult.
- Hitsugaya: Small... child?!
- Matsumoto: Ah, then we will both go to the women's side!
- Hitsugaya: MATSUMOTO!!!
- Urahara: You put it on like this! Put it on your forehead like so... and yell from the top of the lungs... "TAKE THIS! THE POWER OF JUSTICE! JUSTICE ARMOR! JUSTICE HACHIMAKI! ATTACK!"
- Ichigo: O... okay I get it. Put it on the forehead like this... LIKE HELL I'LL DO THAT! [Dodges an attack] AAACK!
- Urahara: See? Now isn't the time to be embarrassed, right?
- Ichigo: DON'T ACT LIKE THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!! Damn it, guess I have no choice... TAKE THIS! THE POWER OF JUSTICE! JUSTICE ARMOR! JUSTICE HACHIMAKI! ATTACK!
- Urahara: Wow...! You actually did it...!
- Ichigo: You BASTARD!
[Ichigo explains why he's fighting hollows.]
- Ichigo: But now isn't the time for saying that. We've got no choice but to team up. What do you have to say?
- Uryū: Man, oh, man. I was wondering when you were going to shut up. But I understand completely. If we don't both survive this, we won't have each other to beat up.
- Ichigo: Hell yeah!
[After Ichigo fails to harm the Menos Grande by attacking its leg]
- Uryū: What the hell were you thinking? How did you intend to beat it with that attack?
- Ichigo: Well, I thought if I cut it away piece by piece from the feet up, the head would come down.
- Uryū: That's like some kid's game! For god's sake, your brain must've been constructed unbelievably wrong.
- Ichigo: You aren't going to ask me anything?
- Rukia: Would you answer me if I did?
- Ichigo: ...
- Rukia: It's your business. It's a deep, jagged wound. I don't know how to ask about it, without dredging up your pain and reopening that wound. I don't know what to say, so I'll wait. When you feel like talking... when you're ready to tell me, I'll listen. I'll just wait until then.
- Ichigo: Thanks, Rukia.
- Ukitake: But what of his pride? If you help him now, you will probably save his life, but at the same time you will have eternally murdered his pride.
- Rukia: What is pride compared to life?!
- Ukitake: Rukia, remember this well. There are but two types of fights. Whenever we go into battle, it must be one of the two——the fight to protect life, or the fight to protect pride!
- Zaraki Kenpachi: [After Ichigo powers up near the end of their first fight] We've come this far and your spirit force still goes up. Nice.
- Ichigo: It'll go up, yeah. I'm borrowing Zangetsu's power and fighting together with him.
- Zaraki: Zangetsu? That the name of your zanpakutō? Borrowing your zanpakutō's power and fighting together with it.... That's bullshit. Zanpakutōs are tools for fighting. "Fighting together with my zanpakutō" is a line for some sickly loser bitch who can't fight with his own damn skills! [Powers up] IT AIN'T A LINE FOR YOU OR ME, ICHIGO!
- Byakuya: You... Since when have you been able to use Bankai?
- Renji: You'll never know, 'cause you never did give a damn about your subordinates.
- Renji: I swore...I swore that I'd save her...
- Byakuya: You...swore? To whom?
- Renji: No one... [Renji and Ichigo in unison] I just swore...to my soul!!!
- Byakuya: You have done well to endure this far. But you feel it, do you not? Those flesh and bones are already dying. In the end, you are just a human. No matter how much you endure, there is a limit. This is your limit. It is over, Kurosaki Ichigo. (Raising his sword upon him)
- Ichigo: [Thinking] Move.... Move, dammit, move! Move.... Move! Why the hell did I come this far?! If I don't win... I can't change anything! I wanna win.... I... wanna win!
- Hollow Ichigo: Psh.
[As Byakuya's sword swings down to slay Ichigo, a hand suddenly jets out, stopping the blade]
- Hollow Ichigo: I told you, didn't I? That if you die, it'll be trouble for me, too.
- Byakuya: Impossible.... Who are you?!
- Hollow Ichigo: "Who are you?" HAH!! I ain't got a name!
- Soifon: This is a fighting style for war that combines hakuda and kidō. I created it. Be proud.... This technique was completed just the other day. You will be the first person it's tested out on during real battle. After all, I haven't even given it a name yet....
- Yoruichi: [powering up] No. It has a name.
- Soifon: What did you say?
- Yoruichi: It's called "Shunkō."
- Soifon: What are you saying...?
- Yoruichi: Be careful, Soifon.... I can't control this technique very well yet! [lets loose with Shunkō explosion]
- Renji: We ain't going back. We're going to stay here until the fight with the Arrancar is over.
- Ichigo: Well, where are you gonna sleep? [Everyone stares at him] And before you ask, there's not enough room in my house for all of you!
- Rangiku: Ehhhh!? Not even for me?
- Ichigo: Well normally you'd be the last person I'd let in here! Besides, I don't even get why you'd think it'd be okay for you to stay here!
- Rangiku: Umm.... [Unbuttons her shirt]
- Ichigo: What are you doing?! You can't stay here even if you unbutton your shirt!
[Rangiku stares at Ichigo, then slightly lifts up her skirt]
- Ichigo: You can't stay here even if you lift up your skirt a little! [Shields his eyes, but one eye is still glancing via a gap in his fingers] Damn it! Seduction like that isn't going to work on me! I'm definitely not that type of guy!
- Rukia: Then how about closing that gap in between your fingers?
- Ulquiorra: Your nakama have invaded Hueco Mundo.
- Orihime: Why...?
- Ulquiorra: To rescue you.... To them, no other reason is necessary.
- Kaien: Where do you think the heart lies?
- Rukia: [Scratches her head] Um, well... it's probably... here, isn't it? [Places hand on chest]
- Kaien: [Smiles] You see, I think the "heart" lies... right here. [Holds up his fist in front of Rukia]
[Ichigo refuses to let Nell come with him.]
- Nel: I'll cry!! Ububu... BUEEEEEEE!! I... Ichigo, you thupid! Baldy!! Piece of poop!
- Ichigo: Alright! Alright! I get it already, stop crying!
- Nel: Impotent!
- Ichigo: I'm not impotent!!
- Rukia: What's he shouting about?
- Nel: Virgin!!!
- Ichigo: SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!!!
[Kenpachi attacks Ichigo in a vision while Ichigo is suppressing his hollow.]
- Ichigo: What the hell? Cut it out! We finished our fight a long time ago!
- Kenpachi: Finished? It'll never be finished. A battle's not like some stupid argument. As long as someone's still breathing, the fight isn't over.
- Ichigo: I don't have any reason to fight you!
- Kenpachi: You want a reason...for fighting? Why don't you just accept it already, Ichigo? You seek out fights. You desire power. Isn't that right, Ichigo? Everyone who searches for power, without exception, searches for battle! Do you fight in order to become more powerful? Or do you want more power so you can fight? I can't tell you that. The only thing I know for sure is guys like us were born this way! We were born to fight, Ichigo! Your instincts will keep leading you towards new battles. It's the only way you have. The only way to become stronger. Fight, Ichigo! If you want the power to control your enemy, take that sword in your hand and cut him down! That's your only option! That's the road that continues in front of you and remains behind you!
- Hollow Ichigo: Ichigo, what's the difference between a King and his horse?
- Ichigo: What the hell...?
- Hollow Ichigo: I don't mean kiddy shit like 'One's a person and one's an animal' or 'One has two legs and one has four'. If their form, ability, and power were exactly the same, why is it that one becomes the King and controls the battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries the King?! There's only one answer; INSTINCT! In order for identical beings to get stronger and gain the power they need to become King, they must search for more battles and power! They thirst for battle, and live to mercilessly crush, shred, and slice their enemies! Deep, deep within our bodies lies the honed instinct to kill, to slaughter! But YOU don't have that! You don't have those pure, basic instincts! You fight with your brain. You try to defeat your enemies with your logic! And it doesn't work! You're trying to cut them with a sheathed sword! That is why you're weaker than me, Ichigo!
(Ichigo is impaled with a sword)
- Hollow Ichigo: (Making his way towards Ichigo) I don't know about Zangetsu, but I refuse to carry a King who's weaker than me and get cut to ribbons with him. If you're weaker than me, then I'll destroy you, and take your crown for myself.
- Gin: That's a slightly disturbing hobby you have there, Tousen-san.
- Tousen: Unthinkable. Their movements interested you, so you came to watch, right? Ichimaru.
- Gin: That's not it. I was just kidding, you don't need to make such a scary face... Tousen-san, what's with this little one?
- Tousen: Wonderweiss!
- Wonderweiss: ...uuhh...
- Gin: Looks like the problem child is quite fond of you.
- Tousen: Pure beings are always drawn to each other, although I am not quite sure where his purity lies yet.
- Gin: Interesting, him not liking me makes more sense now.
- Tousen: To be honest, I believe that anyone would be wary of you.
- Gin: By the way, Grimmjow's release is...
- Grimmjow: Everytime I try to release my zanpakutō, someone always interrupts...
- Gin: Who shall we have interrupt him next time?
- Gin: Just between us, Ulquiorra's actual number...
- Ulquiorra: Now isn't the time to tell them.
- Gin: I would never!
- Gin: I think we're gonna get along great! For some reason, the other Espada ain't too fond of me.
- Luppi: I don't really like you much, either.
- Luppi: Saying our whole battle was just for the sake of bringing that woman back here...I can't accept that...
- Aizen: Do excuse me. After all, I didn't expect you to get torn up this badly.
- Luppi: What're you trying to pull...Grimmjow?!
- Grimmjow: (grinning)...Ehhh?
[runs hand through Luppi]
- Luppi: G...Grimmjow, you bastard...
- Grimmjow: Damn right. Later, "former" number 6![blows off Luppi's top half and erupts into maniacal laughter]
- Orihime: DON'T DIE! Kurosaki-kun! I don't mind if you don't win... you don't even have to try... So please... don't get yourself hurt any more...
- Ichigo: Sorry 'bout this, Grimmjow. It looks like... I can't let you hurt me anymore [delivers a devastating slash to Grimmjow]
- Shinji Hirako: So, it was you after all...
- Sosuke Aizen: You suspected? I should have expected as much.
- Shinji Hirako: Of course I did.
- Sosuke Aizen: Since when?
- Shinji Hirako: Since you were in your mother's womb!