Bottom (TV series)
- 1 Series 1
- 2 Series 2
- 3 Series 3
- 4 Bottom Live
- 5 Bottom Live - The Big Number 2 Tour
- 6 Bottom Live 3- Hooligans Island
- 7 Bottom Live: 2001 An Arse Oddity
- 8 Bottom: Weapons Grade Y-Fronts Tour 2003
Episode 1 - Smells
[Richie Pushes Eddie in to the sex shop! Eddie acting nervous.
- Eddie: This is a sex shop, isn't it?
- Shop Assistant: Yes.
- Eddie: (slaps money down) I'll take five quids worth then!
- Shop Assistant: Very droll, sir, I've never heard that one before.
- Eddie: Haven't you? Shall I tell it again?
- Shop Assistant: No thank you sir, I'd rather have a pineapple inserted violently into my rectum.
- Eddie: You've been working here too long mate.
[Chatting up some women in a pub.]
- Eddie: Have me! Have me, I'm a love albatross!
[Buying a condom from a machine.]
- Richie:: What kind?
- Eddie:: Rubber ones.
- Richie:: No, there's ribbed, the tickler, and ultrasensitive.
- Eddie:: Ripped? Who wants a ripped condom?
- Richie:: Must be for people who want to get pregnant. Well I don't think ultrasensitives our style, do you? The tickler it is. Oh, what colour?
- Eddie:: What have they got?
- Richie:: There's black, gold, union jack and leopard skin. Which do you think's the most romantic?
- Eddie:: Well union jack, obviously!
- Richie:: Right, a union jack tickler it is. Oh, what flavour?
- Eddie:: Flavour?
- Richie:: Yeah, there's chocolate, strawberry, marmite and cheese and onion.
- Eddie:: Well everyone likes cheese and onion, don't they?
- Richie:: Of course they do. A cheese and onion union jack tickler it is. Bagsy me first go with it.
- Eddie:: ...No, no, get two.
[Writing a personal ad about himself.]
- Richie: Let's just be sort of economical with the truth. Erm, something buck - yeah, hot young buck.
- Eddie: What about badger?
- Richie: No, no, I'm more a sort of...
- Eddie: HEDGEHOG!
- Richie: No, fox. That's good. No, that is good!
- Eddie: What about Stoat!
- Richie: Foxy Stoat? Yeah, it's got a ring it to it! Foxy stoat seeks...
- Eddie: Pig!
- Richie: Foxy Stoat Seeks Pig! Oh shut up, Eddie.
- Richie: What on earth are you eating?
- Eddie: Lard.
- Richie: You are eating... lard.
- Eddie: Yeah well I'm hungry, but I'm too drunk to cook.
- Eddie: I've got an idea.
[drinks the rest of his pint beer]
- Richie: What is it?
- Eddie: 'To drink that' No I'm only joking! Why not put an ad in the lonely hearts column?
- Richie: Yeah!
- Eddie: Yeah, yeah. "Ugly virgin desperately seeks sex of any description."
[Richie has been knocked back by a lesbian]
- Richie: I bought you a Coca-Cola in good faith. That's eighty pence you've hoodwinked out of me. Eighty pence. When I said "Hello my darling, would you like a Coca-Cola?" did you say "No thank you, I'm terribly sorry, but I'm a lesbian"? No, you didn't, not a bit of it. You said "Thank you very much, that'd be lovely".
Episode 2 - Gas
[Richie goes to answer the door]
- Richie: Alright, I'm coming! Who do you think I am, Speedy Gonzales?
- Richie: Kripes, it's the gasman.
- Gasman: Hello there. I was wondering if I could just read your meter.
- Richie: HELLO MISTER GASMAN!
- Gasman:Yes hello there.
- Eddie: [Pokeing his head out into the landing] You what?
- Richie: I said "HELLO MISTER GASMAN!" [stops looking at Eddie and points his eye directly in front of him]
- Gasman: Yes hello again.
- Eddie: Mister who?
- Richie: GASMAN! GASMAN! GASMAN!
[Eddie runs and turns off the gas. Richie is still repeatedly shouting Gasman when Eddie appears at the door]
- Gasman: DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE WHO LOOKS AFTER YOU? COULD I SEE THEM BECAUSE I NEED TO READ THE METER!
[Eddie by this time is now at the front door]
- Eddie: Who is it darling?
- Richie: IT'S THE GASMAN!
- Gasman: Yes I think we've established that.
- Eddie: Well don't leave him out in the cold, dreamboat. Show him in.
[Richie and Eddie have just beaten the gasman into unconciousness]
- Richie: You're not going anywhere, mate. ....mate? Eddie! You've killed him!
- Eddie: [*drops frying pan*] I never touched him.
- Richie: Yeah, but the frying pan did and you were touching that at the time.
- Eddie: Bollocks, you killed him, he was dead before he hit the ground!
- Richie: So why'd you keep hitting him then?
- Eddie: ......for fun!
- Richie: What are we going to do?!
- Eddie: About 25 years, I think.
[Richie and Eddie are trying to break into next door's flat. Eddie climbs across the outside wall to the bedroom window where he sees them having sex]
- Eddie: Bloody Nora!
- Richie: Shut up!
- Eddie: They're having it off!
- Richie: I'll be right over!
Episode 3 - Contest
- Richie: So, we've only got eleven pounds eighty to last us for the next two months?
- Eddie: No, we've got 30p and a second-hand copy of "Parade".
- Richie: What?
- Eddie: It's an investment. Look, I got it for one pound fifty and originally it only cost a shilling. The value of these things is just sky-rocketing!
- Richie: That's pre-decimalisation that is! They all have their pants on.
- Eddie: Oh, shut up. Every day, yakkety bloody yak, on and on and on! Day in, day out - slime in this ear, slime in that ear! Just stop talking!
- [Eddie looks in disgust at the tea Richie's made]
- Eddie: What's this?
- Richie: Elm tea. The gypsies swear by it.
- Eddie: I bet they do! I bet they say "What the bloody hell's this?!"
- Eddie: Richard, I'm warning you. If you don't shut up and let me watch "Miss World" I'm going to stuff your head up your bum. And you'll spend the rest of your life wandering around on all fours looking for the light switch.
- Richie: Do you know how many birds there are in the world?
- Eddie: Yeah, about three billion.
- Richie: Do you know how many of them I've slept with?
- Eddie: Yep.
- Richie: None.
- Eddie: Yeah, I know.
- Richie: I mean, statistically that's really quite phenomenal, isn't it?
- Eddie: Not for an ugly fat bastard like you it isn't.
- Richie: I wonder what sort of great bird'd suit me?
- Eddie: Blind one. Well, blind deaf masochist really.
[Eddie reading out Richie's suicide note]
- Eddie: "Dear Eddie, by the time you read this I will be dead. I know you'll be feeling terribly guilty but don't blame yourself, although it really is your fault. If I was alive I would forgive you, but I'm not, so I can't, so you'll just have to live with it. Richard." Poor blighter! All he needed was the love of a good woman. Well not even a good one, any old one would have done; slap a wig on a 'Speak your Weight' machine, he'd have been happy.
[Plays some keys on Richie's electric organ] Well this ought to fetch a few quid.
Episode 4 - Apocalypse
[Richie has sheltered himself from any "accidents"]
- Eddie: Well I can't go, everyone will think that I'm Sean Connery.
- Richie: You don't look a bit like Sean Connery.
- Eddie [as Michael Caine]: Hello, my name's James Bond. Not a lot of people know that.
- Richie: I don't know, maybe death would be a blessed relief.
- Eddie: [still as Michael Caine] Zulus, thousands of them. Wait till you see the whites of their eyes lads! [pause] They would have won if they'd kept their eyes closed. Not a lot of people know that.
[Eddie has dressed up as the Grim Reaper to scare Richie]
- Richie: Why don't we play Cluedo for my life?
- Eddie: Because you always cheat! You always look at the mystery cards!
- Richie: How do you know these things?
- Eddie: I'm Death!
- Richie: Sorry. [shouts] How do you know these things?
- Eddie: No, I'm Death! I'm Death!
- Richie: It's in the dictionary! Jesus wrote this!
Episode 5 - 's Up
- Richie: Come on, it's Sunday, it's a day of rest! Absolutely nothing to do for twenty-four hours.
- Eddie: It's a bit like every other day then really, isn't it?
[Eddie has rented a children's video in the mistaken belief it is a pornographic film]
- Richie: It's not very sexy, is it?
- Eddie: No. I must say, I expected a lot more from "The Furry Honeypot Adventure".
- Richie: I'm Church of England. What are you, Eddie?
- Eddie: I don't know.
- Richie: Well, what was your mother?
- Eddie: A wrestler.
- Eddie: Righty-ho young Sonny Jim old fella-me-lad matey-skip me old pal from the briny, let's fill up the picnic hamper!
- Eddie: Why're you putting mayonnaise on your face?
- Richie: It's not mayonnaise, it's sun tan lotion.
- Eddie: (examining bottle) Never heard of low calorie sun tan lotion.
- Richie: What? Oh no, blast! Oh God! Oh, argh-rrgh! Phuh! Well where's the sun tan lotion then?
- Eddie: You squirted that into your cheese roll.
- Richie: But I ate that!
- Eddie: (grinning) Yeah, I know.
- Richie: Well why didn't you tell me?
- Eddie: Because I don't like you very much.
Episode 6 - Accident
[Richie is going through his birthday cards, which he has written himself]
- Richie: Ah! "May all your birthdays be happy ones, we like you more than Eddie." Ah-haa. That's nice, isn't it?
[Richie and Eddie are having an argument]
- Richie: Okay, okay, okay. Let's sort this out. Now we're good friends Eddie, we've known each other for a long time, we can talk. And there is something I have been meaning to say to you for the last twenty-five years.
- Eddie: Ah! What's that?
- Richie: I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! Go away and crawl away and die in a ditch somewhere, you bastard!
[Richie has returned from hospital]
- Richie: I couldn't believe that nurse - all I said was "Hello, have you seen 'The Singing Detective'?" and she twatted me with a kidney dish!
- Spudgun: What did medieval people do before telly?
- Hedgehog: Well, they probably had their tea, didn't they?
- Eddie: No, before telly was invented.
- Hedgehog: Oh, they had cock-fights.
- Spudgun: No wonder they all got the plague.
Episode 1 - Digger
- Richie: What was it Shakespeare used to say?
- Eddie: Um... "Hello my dear, I'm a playwrite you know. Come on, give us a snog."
- Richie: No, no...
- Eddie: Uh, "Where's my quill! Bloody hell, I bought five yesterday! Where do they all go?"
- Richie: No, really, what was it he used to say?
- Eddie: "What do you mean, it's crap! There's eight bodies at the end and he gets to shag his Mum!"
- Receptionist: Hello, gentlemen, sorry to have kept you waiting. Which one of you is Mr. Hitler?
- Eddie: Oh, that'll be me.
- Receptionist: Any relation?
- Eddie: [puzzled] Well, I've got a mother.
- Receptionist: No, no no no, I meant Adolf Hitler.
- Eddie: Yes, that's her!
[Eddie and Richie are filling out forms for a dating agency)]
- Lily: Right, well, ah, let's have a look at your forms then, shall we? All right. Oh, I see -- you want someone homely, with cooking skills, fun to be with... and a wazzo pair of jugs?
- Eddie: That's right.
- Richie: But obviously we're flexible.
- Eddie: Ah, but not about the jugs.
- Richie: No, we have to be firm on the jugs.
- Eddie: And the jugs have to be very firm.
- Lily: (pointing to the television) Can you see alright?
- Eddie: (confused) No. That's why I wear glasses.
- Richie: I really think this is the one, Eddie. Even on the telephone there was an immediate sexual tension.
- Eddie: What, you mean you felt horny and she felt tense?
- Richie: This is just my London pomme-de-terre. My main castles are scattered all over the place, you know, 'cause I never know where I'm going to be... bloody fox hunts go on for ever these days, don't you find? Never know where you're going to end up. Start off in "Burke-shire", end up in, ah, eh eh, Twat-shire!
Episode 2 - Culture
[Doing a crossword.]
- Eddie: Err right. "Ironmonger", six letters. Oh, got it! "Harold".
- Richie: "Harold"?
- Eddie: Yeah, well he's an ironmonger, isn't he? Harold the Ironmonger, remember? We ate his dog!
- Richie: Oh right, we bloody won that bet, didn't we!
- Eddie: No we didn't, that's why we had to eat his dog.
[Trying to think of what to do.]
- Richie: How about "Pin the Tail on the Donkey?"
- Eddie: "We haven't got a donkey."
- Richie: "Pin the Tail on the Chicken?"
- Eddie: "We haven't got a tail."
- Richie: "Pin the Sausage on the Chicken?"
- Eddie: "We haven't got a pin."
- Richie: (Annoyed) "Sellotape the Sausage to the Chicken?"
- Eddie: "We haven't got a chicken!"
- Richie: (Angrier) Sellotape the Sausage to the Fridge?
- Eddie: "We haven't got a sausage!"
- Richie: (shouting) "Put a bit of sellotape on the fridge?"
- Eddie: (Beat) "Not much of a game, is it?"
[Richie and Eddie have just played stick a piece of sellotape on the fridge. Eddie won]
- Eddie: Who won?
- Richie: Ha ha ha ha. Eddie, it matters not who won or lost but how you played the game.
- Eddie: Oh, you mean I won? Ha! Ha-ha. [wets his finger, draws a figure 1 in the air, waves his hands in the air]
- Richie: Yes, I suppose so, yeah, I mean if it's so important to you, yes. Yes, you did win. I mean for heaven's sake, Eddie, it's only a game! [walking away, to himself] Shit, shit, VD VD VD!
- Richie: Moliere! Moliere! Oh, he could bash out a tune or two. (Four seasons) Tum-tum tiddly-tum tum-tum-tum, tum -- and the other twiddly bits. He was Scottish you know.
- Eddie: Who, Vivaldi?
- Richie: No Eddie, I'm talking about composers. Honestly, it's football, football, football with you, isn't it?
[Eddie is trying to teach Richie to play chess]
- Richie: Right, let me get this sorted out. Now the bent vicar stands next to the queen. And the queen goes in every direction.
- Eddie: That's right.
- Richie: [looking disgusted] And they let children play this, you say? I mean, it's pretty strong stuff, isn't it Eddie? You know, knights taking prawns? And apparently, if a prawn goes all the way he turns into a queen!
Episode 3 - Burglary
- Richie: Eddie, do you want to be skinned alive and buggered?
- Eddie: (Pointing handgun at Richie) I'd like to see you try!
- Richie: Eddie, how did you get this drunk on one pound seventy-five?
- Eddie: There's a sale on at the chemists.
- Richie: I think there's someone in the drawing-room.
- Eddie: The what-room?
- Richie: The drawing-room.
- Eddie: I don't think I've been in there. What, you mean we've got a room just for drawing in?
- Richie: You're so common, aren't you? What do you call it, the snug or the saloon or something?
- Eddie: Oh, the lounge!
- Richie: That's it! Yes, the laaunge! There's someone down in the laaunge!
[Eddie is talking about his childhood]
- Eddie: She left me on the doorstep, just me, the carry-cot, and this old revolver. Oh, and a little note that said, "Please look after my baby. I can't be bothered."
Episode 4 - Parade
[Richie is pretending to have fought in the Falklands when talking to a genuine veteran]
- War Veteran: Yeah, I was in Two Para.
- Richie: What, you went twice?
- War Veteran: What regiment was you in then?
- Richie: Well the English one of course! What are you suggesting?
- War Veteran: No, what outfit was you in?
- Richie: Well, the green patchy one most of the time. With the twigs and the bit of leaf, you know, camouflage!
- Eddie: So, ah, what did you do then?
- War Veteran: Well, I'd rather not talk about it.
- Eddie: Why, is it embarrassing? Shit your pants, did you? Cry, did you, eh?
- War Veteran: Quite the opposite, actually.
- Eddie: What, you sucked water in through your eyes?
- War Veteran: No. I took Harrison's Point single-handed.
- Richie: Oooh. That can be nasty. I shut Tucker's finger in the tank door, didn't I Eddie?
- Eddie: I don't know, this is all a load of bollocks.
[In the lavatory, planning to steal the War Veteran's false leg and pawn it]
- Eddie: Rightey dokey matey bloke flap old salty seadog amigo skip-jack jockstrap piano tuner, let's see you balls this one up!
[At the bookies]
- Eddie: Five hundred quid, on the nose, on Sad Ken if you please.
- Bookie: Certainly. Would you like to pay tax?
- Eddie: Well of course I wouldn't. What a ridiculous question!
[They are sharing war stories.]
- Richie: You'll have to excuse Eddie, his mind's sort of blanked it out.
- War Veteran: What, 'cos it's so horrible?
- Richie: No, he's just got that sort of mind.
- Richie: Right, quick, into the lavs! (toilets)
- Eddie: Richie, no! It's illegal! Besides, you'll never make 500 quid that fast - you'll be lucky to get 10p a go!
- Richie: Have you ever read The Joy of Sex?
- Barmaid: No, I don't read things like that.
- Richie: Well that's okay, we can just look at the pictures!
- Eddie: My Uncle Percy was in the trenches of the first world war. You know what he used to say?
- Richie: What?
- Eddie: "AAAH! Bloody hell! Germans! Thousands of 'em! AAAAH!"
Episode 5 - Holy
- Richie: Right now look, there's only five hours until lunch, I've got to get my sprouts on. Don't want them all crunchy.
- Eddie: Not sprouts! I hate sprouts!
- Richie: Oh will you stop whining Eddie! Nobody likes sprouts.
- Eddie: Then why are we having them then?
- Richie: Because it's Christmas!
[Richie's Christmas lunch tips]
- Richie: Well, it's the season of goodwill and peace on Earth, so I thought I'd chop both its feet off, rip out its innards, strip it, shove an onion up its arse and bung it in a very hot place for four hours until its completely burnt."
- Richie: Now Eddie, crackers?
- Eddie: Yes. But it's never stopped me so far!
- Richie: No, I mean have you got the crackers?
- Eddie: No, it's just the way my trousers hang.
- Richie: Eddie, enough of the crackers jokes. I'm talking about the things you put in your hand and pull.
- Eddie: Well I've got one of those, but I'm not gonna stick it on the table! (Holy)
- Spudgun: Oh, what's that smell?
- Eddie: That's lunch.
- Spudgun: Oh thank God for that. I thought I'd had an accident.
Episode 6 - S'Out
- Richie: Come on, let's just our tackle out, I mean, get our gear out, I mean, get our equipment out -- oh God, you can't say anything without some dreadful double entendre lurking around the corner!
[Sitting around a campfire, they have no food left.]
- Richie: What was that film where they ate each other?
- Eddie: Deep Throat, wasn't it?
[Sitting around acampfire, wondering where to get food]
- Eddie: Hey This is Wimbledon Common isnt it?
- Eddie:I wonder how much meat you get on a Womble.
[Richie attempts to lull Eddie to sleep]
Night-Night, Sleep Tight. Hope the bed bugs do not bite. If they do, do a poo. Put it in a Cornish Stew. Into the ambulance, dring-dring-dring! Fish trousers elephant in Peking. Saw a busy bee; Diddle-diddle-dee. Daddy's an accountant just like me. Night-Night, God Bless.
- Richie: I think there's something outside...
- Eddie: Well there's bound to be something outside, Richie. You can't expect the universe and its entire contents to be contained within the confines of a small canvas tent.
- Richie: You're very philosophical for this time of night, Eddie.
- Eddie: Well, I've had half a bottle of scotch, whaddya expect?
Episode 1 - Hole
- Richie: Well yes, I can see your point.
- Eddie: It's this new skirt, it racks up very easily.
[A ferris wheel cart starts to collapse]
- Richie: Splice my sausages!
- Eddie: Cor Lummy!
- Richie: Christmas Pudding!
- Eddie: Blood and Stomach Pills!
- Richie: ... hey Eddie!
- Eddie: What?
- Richie: We really know how to swear, don't we?
- Eddie [Swearwords bleeped on TV]: You (fucking) well hit the (clit) right on the nail there, you (cunting) bastard.
Episode 2 - Terror
- [Eddie opens the door, seeing three children dressed as devils]
- Child 1: Trick or treat, mister!
- Eddie: What do you want!
- Child 2: Trick or treat, you bald-headed bastard!
- Eddie: I'm sorry. I don't speak child.
- Richie: (presenting his Hallo'een costume to Eddie) How do I look?
- Eddie: (puzzled) Well, you use your eyes don't you?
- Eddie: All for one and one for all! You go first, I've got a bad leg.
- Richie: I've got just got to finish off my Sprouts Mexicane and we're all set.
- Eddie: Sprouts Mexicane?
- Richie: (Proudly) Sproutes Mexicane!
- Eddie: What's that?
- Richie: Well it's... sprouts, pinch of chili powder, jar of curry powder, hint of tobasco sauce - well, three bottles actually. Not so much a hint, more a Party Political Broadcast. And the secret ingredient: gunpowder!
- Eddie: ...Sprouts?
- Richie: Yeah, they were left over from Christmas.
- Eddie: But it's October!
- Richie: Yeah, they were a bit... frisky. But the spices'll cover any embarassment.
[The oven explodes.]
- Richie: Hey, they must be ready! Want to try some?
- Eddie: I would rather cut off my penis with a rusty breadknife.
- Richie: God blimey, look at Egon Ronay! Watch this!
[Richie eats the sprouts, gags and promptly faints.]
Episode 3 - Break
- Richie:: I'm gonna get me some liposuction!
- Eddie:: (who has confused liposuction with fellatio) Not from me you're not, mate!
- Eddie:: Hey! Hang on! What's that sellotaped to the bottom of the fridge? Looks like that missing blackmail nudey snap of Desmond Lynham!
- Richie:: Well come on, Eddie! Give me a hand to lift the fridge! I want to get a glimpse of Dessie's hammer-head!
- Richie:: You've been drinking, haven't you.
- Eddie:: HOW DARE YOU!? [He struggles to his feet] How.. How... How dare you accuse me of Drinkn-n-n-ninge?! Me, your oldest pal and matey! 'Ol Schkip! Old bus fart, tram ticket, one for the road bagga-scratchies...[Leans on the telly, which crashes off it's stand onto the floor upside down]...whoops-a-daisy ...we'll keep a welcome in the...[leans on a side table, sending it crashing over]...parking Mister David childish Jensen. Me?! Drinkn-n-n-n-n-ninge? Why I'll tear you limb from limb!! [Starts to assume fighting pose, both arms flailing wildly as he stumbles backwards against the window, gets caught up in the curtains and crashes to the ground.]
- Richie:: No, but you have though, haven't you?
Episode 4 - Dough
[They have been forging money, and Richie finds a triangle-shaped banknote..]
- Eddie: That, my friend, is Welsh money.
- Richie: They don't have any Welsh money!
- "Spudgun": No wonder they all vote Labour.
[Eddie has forged money with strange imagery on it.]
- Eddie: They're the Queen's jugs.
- Richie: What?
- Eddie: They're the Queen's jugs.
- Richie: A: The queen doesn't have jugs, she's royalty! B: If she did, she certainly wouldn't get 'em out on the back of a fiver. She'd save 'em up for the fifty!
- Eddie: If you have a little look at my fifty, you may find it a tad more risque.
[Richie glances at the note and displays a look of alarm and disgust.]
- Richie: Eddie, that's tantamount to treason! ...She's got three knockers!
- Eddie: No, that's Bobby Charlton in the middle.
- Eddie: (to barman) I'll have a pint of mild in a half-pint glass.
- Dick Head: So, Eddie...
- Eddie: Uh-uh, my name is... Deirdre Barlow.
- Spudgun: So's mine
- Hedgehog: Mine too.
- Eddie: (pointing to Richie) And him.
- Dick Head: Well, Deirdres...
Episode 5 - Finger
[Richie and Eddie are trying to steal a car]
- Richie: Eddie
- Eddie: Yeah?
- Richie: How do you actually drive a car?
- Eddie: Well, the reach under the dashbord, grab those two wires and jam them together 'til the engine starts up...
- Richie: Uh-huh.
- Eddie: ...then, you drink another can of Special Brew, stick a brick on the accelerator and aim it at the post office!
- Richie: well, I'm just going to turn this key and see what happens...
Episode 6 - Carnival
Returning from a spot of looting during the annual Hammersmith riot
- Richie: You dropped it!
- Eddie: Well I was being run over by the riot squad.
- Richie: That's no reason to smash a TV.
- Eddie: But at least we got the duck.
- (Holds up a rubber duck)
- Richie: The duck?
- Eddie: Yeah, it floats in the bath.
- Richie: Why?
- Eddie: It's hollow!
- Richie: No, I mean why the duck?
- Eddie: It came free with the telly.
- Richie: Eddie everything came free with the telly, we were looting! Why didn't you get a free telly with the telly?
- Eddie: Well it would sink in the bath wouldn't it!
- Eddie: We've been burgled!
- Richie: Well you may have but I have never in my life! As a Christian I'm so tightly clenched-- OH! Oh, burgled!
- Eddie: That's it. I'm going to write to my MP!
- Richie: (confused) Why?!
- Eddie: Because... I love her!
- Richie: (emphatically) Eddie! Tony Blair is a man!
- Eddie: She's not, she's not!
- Eddie: That's right, me old cockaleekymateflapsparrowcockmerhymingbollocks!
[after an incident involving a blow-up doll named Monica and some superglue, Richard has, apparently, lost his penis]
- Richie:: Ah, Monica. You were the first, and you'll be the last. You took my cherry... right off!
- Richie:: Eddie I have decided to kill myself because I'm £15,000 in debt!
- Eddie: Fucking Hell! A line from the play! I never saw that one coming! We're only an hour into and he's spoken an actual line. Wow!
- Richie:: Yeah well just shut up and get on with it or else we'll still be here next Thursday. I've had enough of Southampton to last me a life time.
- Eddie: Right, so your philosophy is... bollocks?
- Richie:: Yes!
- Eddie: Well that's a great view on life isn't it?
- Richie:: Oh who cares about views on life, I thought we were talking philosophy?
- Eddie: But your philosophy is bollocks
- Richie:: So let's talk bollocks!
- Eddie: BUT THAT'S ALL WE EVER DO!
- Richie:: So let's do what we always do!
- Eddie: Oh god, and so it goes on, day after day, year in year out, slime in this ear, slime in that ear, don't you ever yearn for change?
[huge applause from the audience]
- Eddie: Alan Rickman eat your heart out!
- Eddie: [towards Richie] And cue
- Richie:: [Looks at the audience who seems to have taken Eddie's side] Right. Wanna give me the feedline again in front of all your friends?
- Eddie: [Laughs to himself] Yea, sorry. I... I forgot to mention I was actually born in Southampton! It's my only home!
[another huge applause]
- Richie:: Oh Eddie Eddie Eddie you were born in Southampton? Wow! Why did you ever leave?
- Eddie: That was a bit below the belt [thinks of a comeback] Because... I found the railway station!
[another HUGE applause]
- Richie:: [towards the audience] Stop fucking clapping! [imitates them]
- Richie:: Bastards! [towards someone in the front of the upper circle] Especially you! You oughtta fucking jump!
- Eddie: That's no way to speak to my mother [towards the audience] Sorry mum
[Having told Eddie he intends to commit suicide, to Eddie's delighted response]
- Richie: Eddie, I understand you're trying to put a brave face on, but don't you think that that particular face was just a little bit too fucking brave?!
[Richie telling Eddie their breakfast options]
- Richie: Eddie, i have good news and bad. there is some yoghurt, but if you want to eat you're gonna have to shave it first. Er, theres also a sausage, but it appears to have already been digested...twice. and theres also a rather unpleasant and completely useless piece of human excrement in there, but i think it might just be Graham Taylor.
[audience laughs and applauses]
- Richie: So, whats it going to be for breakfast this time, me old buster?
- Eddie(from toilet): I'll have a curry.
- Richie: No you bloody well won't! The last one you had has a half-life of five hundred years! We should have your rectum sealed in concrete and dumped in the north sea. now hurry up and eat your breakfast before Saddam Hussein gets a whiff of your bot and tries to dump you on the Kurds!
- Eddie: Righto!
[Rik is trying to say his lines without laughing]
Richie: Eddie, I've got some sad and tragic [laughs]. I've got some sad and [laughs]...I've got some sad and tragic news. [laughs] Eddie, I've got some sad and tragic news.
Eddie: Well you don't look very sad about it. You sounded much sadder in rehearsal today. [to audience] I tell you, he made me cry.
Bottom Live - The Big Number 2 Tour
[Richie slams the prop door. It opens by itself. The audience laugh. He tries it again. It opens again. richie mimes to the audience "Fuck off"]
- Richie: (breaking character, aside to door) Now you listen to me buster, you're just a door. I'm Rik fucking Mayall! OK?
[Slams the door. It stays shut.]
[Eddie with his revolver walks up to the parrot in its cage]
- Eddie: I know what you're thinking, Parrot. You're thinking "How many shots did I fire, back there in Act 2 Scene 1?" Well to tell you the truth, in all the excitement of of Richie forgetting most of his fucking lines, I've kind of forgotten myself. So, Parrot, do you feel lucky? Come on, make my day!
- Parrot: You fired six you big fat bastard!
- Eddie: That's right!
[Eddie fires six rounds, shooting the parrot to pieces]
- Eddie: BUT I FUCKING RELOADED!
- Eddie: The Queen?
- Richie: Yes, and stand up when you say that.
- Eddie: [stands up] The Queen?
- Richie: Yes, and kneel down when you say that.
- Eddie: [kneels down] It's no wonder why she's so fucking unpopular.
- Richie: I don't believe it! We've won the Lottery!
- Eddie: [returns through the window] We've what?
- Richie: Oh you're back are you? Oh yes, one sniff of ginger and your knickers are around your ankles.
- Eddie: Still talking bollocks, that's my twat.
[pats Richie on the back]
- Richie: Is it? What's it doing on my back? It'll make it all sticky!
- Eddie: Did I hear you say "We've won the Lottery"?
- Richie: Yes-yes! We've bloody-blimey, trousery-bra-ry, won the ruddy, flipping, nippley Lottery!
- Eddie: [incredulously] The "Hammersmith Bugle" Lottery?
- Richie: Yeah! Go on; phone them up, check the numbers! Oh God, I can't believe it, we've won the Lottery!
[Eddie walks off to the phone and makes the call whilst Richie continues...]
- Richie: I wonder how much it is this week. [masturbates the ceiling post] Eighteen million? Twenty million? [realises what he is doing and stops] Shit!
- Richie: What will I do? What will I do?! I've got it: I'm going to employ a prositute. I'm going to do it. I'm going to do-oo it! I don't believe it; my wildest dream come true!
- Eddie: A-ha! [hangs up the phone]
- Richie: Well Eddie, what's the rollover Jackpot figure for this week?
- Eddie: One pound.
- Richie: ONE BLODDY PPppppp... pound?
- Eddie: Yes, you see the flaw in our fiendish masterplan was that being the only people who read, or have ever read, the Hammersmith Bugle, we were of course the only people who bought a fucking Lottery ticket(!)
- Richie: One pound?
- Eddie: ...ish. Yeah, you see after admin costs and a "donation to charity", we actually come out with 5p. And we've just spent 10p on the phonecall finding that out.
- Richie: So having won, we're now 5 pence down on the deal?
- Eddie: That's correct, yes. Well done.
- Richie: Well, it's a result Eddie!
- Eddie: Yes! Yes! Yes, it's... it's a crap result!
- Richie: What were the charges again?
- Eddie: Attempted asphyxiation of the entire population of West London, detonation of 400lbs of Semtex under contravention of the Anti-Terrorist act. Attempted regicide, Arson, causing an affray, and wiggling our todgers at the Queen.
- Richie: So, its a first offense. I mean talk about Draconian!
- Eddie: I can't, I dunno what it means.
- Eddie: Hey, my Great Uncle was in the Great War
- Richie: What do mean 'Great War', there aren't any great wars, they were all frightful
- Eddie: Alright then he was in the crap war!
- Richie: Wow! The crap war! Far out! Which side was he on?
- Eddie: Both
- Richie: Wow!
- Eddie: Well it depended on which direction he was facing at the time y'know. Had a little bit of a drink problem. He took out a machine-gun nest single-handly you know!
- Richie: Did he?
- Eddie: Yeah...But they made him bring it back, he was trying to flog it to the Germans
- Richie: Hey, wasn't he the last bloke shot before the Armistice?
- Eddie: Yes, that's right. Just firing off a few rounds in celebration but... stupid twat had his gun the wrong way round. Oh, they don't make 'em like Great Uncle Susan anymore.
- Richie: That's marvelous stuff Eddie, but, what the fuck's it got to do with anything?
Bottom Live 3- Hooligans Island
- Richie: Yes. Brambles. So, one bush or two?
- Eddie: I beg your pardon?
- Richie: God, it's just sex-sex-sex with you, isn't it?
- Eddie: What do you mean, I was just asking you to repeat the question!
- Richie: No you weren't! You were accusing me of accusing you of having three pubic thatches!!
- Eddie: WHEN? When was this?
- Richie: Just now you very well know, Lord Haw Haw! Honestly, I work my aching fingers to the bone to pep up your diet, (beat) to insert some jazz into your food!
- Eddie: (Deliberately) I beg your pardon!
- Richie: There you go again!
- Eddie: No, no! I just didn't hear what you said very well.
- Richie: Not true. Not true at all! You were accusing me of deliberately masturbating into your breakfast!
(Eddie looks agape, as Richie descends into paranoia)
- Richie: Why are you doing this? Why? Wh-hy? Wh-h-h-hy? You're trying to send me mad, aren't you? Yes! You're trying to send me round the twist. Your're trying to make me lose the plot.
- Eddie: Oh, we've got a plot this year, have we? (audience laughs)
- Richie: Very much so, young man. (starts corpsing) it's just-well-not-very well-fuck.
- Richie: Eddie, we are a specialty act. We do not do impressions. You lower the whole tone. The disappearing rabbits were a nightmare.
- Eddie: They disappeared.
- Richie: Yeah, cos you threw them in to the fuckin' audience.
- Eddie: Hey, they reappeared.
- Richie: Yeah, they fuckin' threw them back.
- Richie: We were not so much a two hour diversion than a twenty-four hour pitch battle in the main dining room area. We were awful.
- Eddie: Oh come on. We weren't that bad. We had a great name. 'The Great Arsehole and Norman'.
- Richie: [astonished] We weren't that bad,
- Richie: Norman.
- Richie: Well, then, I think it's our duty Eddie, as citizens of the world, yes, but above all as Englishmen, with a song in our hearts and a twinkle in our eye and major league tackle in our M & S Y's, to defuse this bomb.
- Eddie: Don't you mean it's our duty as lily-livered yellow-trousered shit-your-pants scared-o girlies, who've just discovered they're sharing a very tiny island with a 15-megaton nuclear device, to defuse this bomb?
- Richie: Wait, there's something written on the side.
- Richie: "Le Danger"..."Le Nuclear Bombe". Shit, it's all in French.
- Richie: You're trying to send me mad, aren't you? You're trying to send me round the twist. You're trying to make me lose the plot.
- Eddie: Oh, we've got a plot this year, have we?
- Richie: You stupid fucking ring-sausage!
- Eddie: I see your point.
- Richie: Why? Have my trousers fallen down? No, they're up! I can see they're up! Oh, I see your point!
- Eddie: Why? Have my trousers fallen down? No, they're up! I can see they're up! Oh, I see your point!
- Richie: Why? Have my trousers fallen down? No, they're up! I can see they're up! Oh, I see your point!
- Eddie: Why? Have my trousers fallen down?
- Eddie: Help! Rich! We're stuck in a sort of nob gag Bermuda Triangle!
- Richie: Quick! Change routine! Change routine!
- Eddie: Oh look! Knackers!
- Eddie: All we have to do now is keep quiet and very still.
- Richie: How long for?
- Eddie: Until the end of time.
- Richie: Righto.
- Eddie: I'm also going to fleetingly return to the script, if that's all right with you.
- Richie: You thorough and total wank biscuit!
- Eddie: How did you actually catch this fish?
- Richie: I didn't actually catch it Eddie, no. I sort of found it. It was floating upside-down on the surface of the water.
- Eddie: So it was dead already?
- Richie: Well it was on its way out, yes. It was coughing very violently, bringing up this extraordinary green bile. It had this wild panicked look in its eyes, and it was foaming at the gills.
- Eddie: Was this in Bluffman's Cove?
- Richie: Sort of, sort of. It was in the latrine.
- Richie: So when you ask me,
- Richie: "Uh, what's for breakfast?" I would say 'something a little unusual.
- Eddie: What, like a really crap impression of me? All of a sudden? 10 weeks into the tour? Just 'cos the cameras are on?
- Richie: Hey Norman, last week my wife had both her hands severed in a serious industrial accident.
- Eddie: Really, how does she feel?
- Richie: She can't! She hasn't got any hands left!
- Richie: Yeah, I'd like to see one of today's young, modern comedians do that joke.
- Eddie: Yeah, why's that?
- Richie: 'Cos it's shit!
- Eddie: Well, how d'you know they're cannibals?
- Richie: Old jungle trick, Eddie. Big cannibal giveaway. They're cooking someone in a pot.
- Eddie: No, he's just having a bath, isn't he?
- Richie: What, with an onion up his bum?
- Eddie: He could be French.
- Eddie: ufasa retanga eranu uvavu
- Richie: Eddie, have you been stealing material again?
- Richie: Oh, Eddie, think what we're missing... like a script!
- Eddie: Well, we're not so much missing a script, are we, it's just that you can't fucking remember it.
- Richie: Hey, if you could be anyone in the world, who would it be?
- Eddie: Angus Deayton.
- Richie: Angus Deayton, why?
- Eddie: Because he's got autocue.
- Richie: Oh yeah, lucky bastard.
- Eddie: Yes, you could have done with that tonight, couldn't you?
- Richie: [Over-dramatic] Oh, fate! Ohhh, nemesis!
- Eddie: Ohhhhhh, fuck.
- Richie: Marooned! Maroooned! Marooooooooned! Oh, God I wish I had a thesaurus.
- Richie: Hey Eddie, fancy a cocktail before bed? How 'bout a Bloody Mavis?
- Eddie: Now, that's the one that's made from gin, blood, and porcupine shit? Without the gin?
- Richie: Alright, how about a Coconut Surprise?
- Eddie: [Whining] Is that the one with Napalm?
- Richie: No! No! ...well, maybe a bit.
- Richie: Why are the Scots such arseholes, Eddie?
- Eddie: Do you mind? I happen to be part Scottish myself, you know!
- Richie: Really, Eddie? Which part?
- Eddie: My arsehole.
- Richie: What sort of bloke?
- Eddie: Well, he was wearing a scuba-diving outfit, and had a pronounced French accent. I think he may have been a Frogman.
[Loud groan from the audience]
- Richie: A what?
- Eddie: I'm afraid you heard correctly the first time. A Frogman.
- Eddie: Fuck off, you paid.
[At the start of act 2:]
- Richie: God, I'm bored. Bored, bloody bored.
[There is a cry from the back of the audience: "Have a wank!"]
- Eddie: We had a wank in the interval. That's what the interval is for. And I bet you had one too, didn't you? 'Cos you look like a wanker!
- Richie: I think my theory holds water.
- Eddie: And what theory is that?
- Richie: That our diet has got something to do with what we eat.
- Eddie: I thought it was your pants that had something to do with what you'd eat.
- Eddie: Well, you were the one who sawed the captain in half.
- Richie: HE was a volunteer.
- Eddie: No, no, HE was trying to stop the show.
- Richie: Well anyway, the trick worked brilliantly! We sawed him in half!
- Eddie: Yeah, I think the essence of the trick is in the joining back together.
- Richie: Details, details. It's in the sawing where the real essence lies, and we accomplished that with panache.
- Eddie: No we didn't, we were hacking away at him for hours!
- Eddie: Oh, I'm gold, man, solid gold.
- Richie: Eddie, will you stop this Disney shite? We're going to get sued to buggery quite apart from eaten to fuck!
[Cardboard Shark Fins are dragged along the front of the stage]
- Richie: Well it just goes to show there's no escape for us that way is there eddie? if we even think to take on the dangers of the-m-mighty pacific (pause)(the audience cheer)
- Richie: ....Fish are fucking frisky tonight! if we even think of taking on the mighty pacific (audience murmurs) i haven't finished yet! we'd almost certainly trip over a few little bits of wire (waits for audiences response which is dismal)
- Eddie: Yeeeees...or get a papercut
[Rik Mayall has forgotten his lines]
- Richie: Oh Eddie! Oh Eddie! Oh Eddie!
- Eddie: And whenever you can't remember you go OH EDDIE.
- Richie: Oh Eddie.
- Eddie: (turns to face Richie) Yes?
- Richie: Oh Eddie.
- Eddie: Yeah, that's my name! I think we established that in act one!
- Richie: (panicking) oooooohhhh eddie...oh god...(relisation hits him) ah! aha! ha!
- Eddie: (cutting off the audience) he probably hasn't got the right one
- Richie: ......Fuck!
[a prop Albertross has broken down at the side of the stage]
- Richie: Behold the mighty Albatross! See it soar, watch it swoop...
- Eddie: Yes. Watch it circle, watch it loop-the-loop, watch it get the fucking prop man sacked!
[a bird's droppings have landed on Eddie's Head]
- Richie: That was lucky!
- Eddie: Lucky you weren't standing here instead of me?
[Audience are laughing as Eddie towels his head]
- Eddie: Well i'm glad i can amuse you all in my own humble little way, welcome to sophsticated fucking bristol (puts on a Bristol accent) ooh it fucking great we all have a single shandy and up 'n' piss oursleves
- Eddie: I hate this island so much I would rather be in Liverpool!
- Richie: Yes...
[a member of the audience moans something to Eddie]
- Eddie: A scouser's in tonight. Fuck off and steal something.
- Richie: Yes, the only reason you like Liverpool is because it's got the word liver in it, which has got something to do with drinking.
- Eddie: Yes and here they are, the completely wild knives... covered in wild albatross shit.
[picks up a knife]
- Eddie: Yes, look how hard and steely they are. Look how very, very sharp...
[slits his own tongue]
- Eddie: Ooh fuckin' hell!
Bottom Live: 2001 An Arse Oddity
[The pair are alone in some domed room]
- Richie: Hello?
- Eddie: Hello!
- Richie: No not you!
- Eddie: Maybe I wasn't replying to you.
- Richie: So then, there really is someone else here?
- Eddie: Yeah I'm afraid so.
- Richie: Who is it?
- Eddie: Its me! Hello!
- Richie: Look out Eddie, Ainsley Harriot is coming down here and he's strapping on a condom!
- Eddie: Quick, Get out of my way! I don't want to be in Ready Steady Fuck!
[Richie is wearing bright pink Underwear]
- Eddie: Where did you get those?
- Richie: I made them from a pair of washing up gloves. They are marigolds, and they were a little snug to get into. I also haven't been able to get the bastards off for three days. Also the thumb is stuck up my arse!
[Talking about the Parrot]
- Richie: What was that thing he used to say?
- Eddie: Get off, Get off I'm not a sexual animal?
- Richie: No not that one the other thing?
- Eddie: Oi Richie get me another drink you overweight twat!
- Richie: That's the one.
- Richie: Is Dave attacking that Seagull?
- Eddie: Either that or he's shagging it.
- Richie: No the seagulls attacking him! Now with the left, now the right, that's it Dave that's how you fly away.
- Eddie: Come on Dave, take your coat off! Kick him where it hurts!
- Richie: Ouch! He's kicked himself in the bollocks hasn't he?
- Eddie: Look there go all the seagull's mates, flying off, laughing and with Dave's wallet.
- Richie: Eddie, think back what's the last thing you remember?
- Eddie: Oh I know this, it was you, it was you telling me to "Think back what's the last thing you remember?", it's all coming back to me.
- Eddie: Where's the bar?
- Richie: Eddie there's no bar!
- Eddie: What the fuck happened there? What the fuck happened there? What the fuck fuck fuck happened there? What the fuck fucking fuck fuckity fuck happened there?
- Richie: Language!
- Eddie: English! This is a very serious No Bar, situation. Mary Mother of Jesus Help! Help! Help!
- Richie: What other options do we have? Let's explore our parameters?
- Eddie: You leave my trousers out of this, I don't want any funny business. Shit there's no corners to hide in!
- Richie: Just a little bit Eddie. Just a little touchy touchy it doesn't matter. Just a little wibbly wobbly touchy touch...Oh Fucking Homo!
- Richie: Do you know I went to Yoga? I did! If I'd got up to level twenty I might have been able to fuck myself. As look would have it, I got to level thirteen, accidently sneezed and blew myself inside out. What I thought was a rather funky goatee beard turned out to be my pubic hair. I couldn't see it anyway though because I had two bollocks hanging in front of my eyes. I was in surgery three days, three whole days before the surgeons stopped giggling.
- Richie: Before you go say something nice.
- Eddie: Breasts!
- Richie: No.
- Eddie: Lager!
- Richie: No, something else.
- Eddie: I'm sorry Rich, but breasts and lager are the only nice things I know.
- Richie: Come on Eddie think of the money!
- Eddie: What? Are you getting paid?
- Richie: No, I don't get paid, it's not me it's that wretch of an actor who plays me. What's his name? You know that tosser who fell off the quad bike?
- Eddie: I knew I should have fixed those brakes.
- Richie: What did you say?
- Eddie: I know the one, he's sort of balding and getting a tummy.
- 'Richie: Yeah, he's getting far too old to play me.
- Richie: Who is that awful actor who plays you?
- Eddie: Oh I know he's got a girl's name, is it Julie Goodyear? It's not that ginger haired cunt is it?
- Richie: Who? Chris Evans?
- Eddie: Yeah.
- Richie: No, it can't be. Anyway it's not you, it's him! You are a very good little character.
- Richie: So let me get this straight, we aren't in some dark, godless void on the edge of human misery?
- Eddie: No we're in Nottingham.
- Richie: Same thing isn't it?
- Richie: It's not our fault we have shit actors playing us, however it could be worse we could be in Vecks in Practice! I know I said "Vecks" I meant to say Vets.
- Eddie: I thought you did.
- Richie: It was one of my great improvisations.
- Eddie: I never watched Vecks in Practice much, but I believe it's shit anyway.
- Richie: It must be the Pig's Spunk, tacky teeth, now where were we?
- Eddie: What were you doing during the interval?
Bottom: Weapons Grade Y-Fronts Tour 2003
- Richie[thinking Eddies has a woman hidden in the bathroom]: Ah...ah...ah ha. Have you got a woman in here? A woman in here?! That's against house rules. we agreed, you're not allowed any women in here unless you get one for me at the same time, so we can really "do" it. Like in my favorite video: "Noddy goes Lap-Dancing".
- Eddie (Reading): 'Ten seconds have passed since I fatefully partook in the Elixir of Life. Feeling groggy... oh, all seems to fade. Darkness comes... and anal leakage...'
- Richie (Breaking character because the line caused him to laugh): I don't remember him being that ill last night!
- Eddie (Reading): 'Oh, shit, my bollocks have exploded!'
- Richie (being asked questions for a pointless questionnaire): Action!
- Eddie: Weight!
- Richie (enraged): Weight?! What are you implying? I live on Sweetex! I'm still wearing the same pair of trousers I was when I was 17!
- Eddie: Only because you've sewn the living room curtains into the waistband.
- Richie: I could still pass for 17!
- Eddie: Stones! Now wait!
- Richie: No. I refuse to answer! This is an outrage!
- Eddie: No! Wait there, while I get another pen! This one's fucked!
- Richie: Well, I didn't do it! Do I look like a biro molester?!
- Eddie: Richie, have you seen my felt tip?
- Richie (frantically): No, Eddie, no, I've never seen your felt tip. No, I've only seen you naked once. I fell straight into a coma and had to go to therapy for six years. Every time I think of you naked, I've had to close my eyes when I walk past a butcher's window. I shall never eat tripe again!
- Eddie: And... weight.
- Richie (sighs): Put 'trim, alluring, snake-hipped...' Just describe me as you see me!
- Eddie: Alright, 'fat'.
- Richie: You can't put that!
- Eddie: You're right. 'Very fat'.
- Richie (trying to sway Eddie): Come on, Eddie... we've known each other for years!
- Eddie: Ohhhhhhhh, allllllllllllright. 'Very fat twat'.
- Richie (annoyed): Let's just move on, shall we?
- Eddie: Alright, question 2: why won't you tell me how fat you are?
- Richie: It doesn't say that!
- Eddie (shows him the questionnaire): It does actually, look.
- Richie: Oh, so it does. Okay, next question!
- Eddie: Why does everyone think you're a cunt?
(Richie buries his face in his hands)
- Richie: They have... really hammered the nail on the head there! Why does everybody think I'm a cunt? It's a question that's always intrigued me! I'll have to speak to my people and get back to you on that! Ahem! (Realises) Eddie, why do you think I'm a cunt?
- Richie [after hurting his hand hitting Eddie's testicles]: You bastard! That's my wanking hand!
- Eddie: Uh-uh; wanking finger.
- Richie: Uh, uh uh; wanking fingernail.
- Eddie: That's the last time I snog a girl from Southend. I've got a cold, herpes and I've lost my fucking wallet. Here's a question: do all birds from Southend have beards?
- Eddie: Bloody hell! We are shooting back in time, faster than Posh Spice slaps on the fake tan!
- Richie: Bloody hell!
- Both: That's fast!
- Richie: Just think, Eddie: if we go even further back in time, we could do some really old material! Just think: I might get erections again!
- Richie (as Rick from The Young Ones): Oh, really great and brilliant, Vyvyan! (Throws up a peace sign) Thatcher!
- Eddie (as Vyvyan): Ahem! Have you got a video? Virgin, virgin! You complete and utter bastard, Neil!
- Richie: You haven't changed your material very much, have you, Eddie?
- Richie: Oh, fuck the monologue! I'll go for a nasty!
- Richie: Are you insane?!
- Eddie: No... I'm in fucking agony!