Better to have loved a short man than never to have loved a tall.David Chambless
Quotes about the brain
- Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons.
- Will Cuppy, The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody, 1950
- Brain, n. An apparatus with which we think we think.
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
- Do we trivialize a sublime feeling if we appreciate its dependence on the brain? Not in the least. Its significance does not depend on its being a soul state or a brain state...Humility bids us to take ourselves as we are; we do not have to be cosmically significant to be genuinely significant.
- Brain-Wise by Patricia Churchland
- "We do have an organ for understanding and recognizing moral facts. It is called the brain.
- A Neurocomputational Perspective by Paul Churchland
- The Human Brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public!
- I was taught that the human brain was the crowning glory of evolution so far, but I think it’s a very poor scheme for survival.
- My Brain: it's my second favorite organ.
- I am a brain, Watson. The rest of me is a mere appendix.
- We know the human brain is a device to keep the ears from grating on one another.
- The mind is what the brain does for a living.
- The brain has the potential to unlock secrets unknown. We poor blind, deaf, mute, barbaric humans just have no idea how to unlock that potential.