Life has its own hidden forces which you can only discover by living.Soren Kierkegaard
- Sundance is weird. The movies are weird — you actually have to think about them when you watch them.
- Carlson: Give me the chronology of the kiss. How did you decide to kiss Madonna?
Spears: Actually, in rehearsals it wasn't something like 'This is what we're going to do.' It was kind of like we play around a little bit and she said before the performance, let's just feel it out and see what happens. I didn't know it was going to be that long and everything, but it was cool.
- I think I'm still clean living. That's — I mean I don't go home and have orgies or anything like that. I'm still the same person I've always been.
- CNN interview (3 September 2003)
- Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens.
- About shocking. You know I feel comfortable in my skin. I think it's an okay thing to express yourself.
- Everyone now, they look back and they're like, "What happened to your sweet image that you used to be?" And I'm like, then when you came out you thought I was too provocative. It's like you can never win. No matter what you do, at the end of the day you can't please everybody, you know. I'm not here to please...
- I think honestly if you can wait until you're married I think you should definitely do that, because it's so much more sacred. That you don't go around sleeping with people. But I mean, I really thought I was going to be with him for the rest of my life, I did.
(Referring to losing her virginity to ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake.
- ...The only person I do worry about, that I want to be a good person for, I think is my responsibility, is my sister. I'm going to be cool for you, okay. I like, I need to, I like being by myself right now. I think it's good for me.
- I’m very, very blessed. But my safety, my privacy, and my respect are three things that I feel like are trying to be taken away from me right now. As a mother I have to speak up and say something. I have to speak up.
- I think with anybody who’s doing well in the public eye or whatever, there’s always gonna be a shift because people don’t wanna see somebody happy all the time. And they’re gonna try to take shots at people.
- That driving incident, I did it with my dad. I’d sit on his lap and I drive. We’re country.
- Oh, I’ve wept. Yeah, I’ve definitely wept just with the world, you know, how judgmental they are. You know what, I know I’m a good mom.
- ...There will be a “Oops 100.” They’ll be plenty more oopses. I’m not perfect. I’m human.
- “You have babies at home. And you have a life. And if you don’t, you have to realize that we’re people and that we just need privacy and we need our respect. And those are things that you have to have as a human being.”
- There’s always a way. Where there’s a will there is a way. You have to believe.
Britney and Kevin: Chaotic (2005)
- Britney: Let's not go! Let's just stay here and f--k all day!
- Britney: What's your favorite sex position?
- Britney: People can take everything away from you. But they can never take away your truth. But can you handle it? Can you handle my truth? I don't know... hahaha. Can you handle his? Or hers? We shall see!
- Kevin: Why are you taping me?
Britney: Because you're sexy!
- Kevin: If you had the choice to go out or go watch a movie what would you wanna do?
Britney: I would go watch that movie and just drink at home.
- Britney: I don't care what they look like. They just have to be . . . okay, I do care a little bit what they look like.
- On her perfect man.
- Britney: Love to me is a lot of things. Love is respect. Love is commitment. Love is honesty. Love is trust. Love is not just love. Love is all of those things combined.
- Britney: My love doesn't scare me. Other people's love scares me.
- Britney: Felicia, what if we don't see the ground when we land? And we just hit the ground? It'll just scare me out of nowhere.
- Someday I will understand
In God`s whole plan
And what`s He`s done to me
Oh but maybe
Someday I will breathe
And I`ll finally see
See it all in my baby
- "Someday (I will understand)" (2005)
- It's Britney, bitch!
- "Gimme More" (2007)
- Oops, I did it again!
- The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff.
- Spears is often ridiculed for this quote, people thinking she said this in the United States. It was in fact not said in the United States, but in Germany.
- I always loved Pat Benatar.
- Where the hell's Australia anyway?!
About Britney Spears
- I don't think you can ever count somebody like her out. Because she may appear one way, but she's very clever.
- Justin Timberlake in an interview with GQ.  (July 19, 2006)
- Yes, I’ve done Britney Spears, but don’t blame me, okay? I make her up and she just takes everything off and does her own thing.
- Britt Bardo, Britney Spears' stylist  (January 2007)
- Every time I Look at that girl on television,I admire her not beacuse she's a celebrity, I don't admire her celebreality, I admire her because she's a child of God and doesn't know it,.I'm talkin' 'bout Britney Spears. It breaks my heart. Anna Nicole, It broke my heart, you know I knew what she was doing, I didn't like what she was doing,But I know she's a child of God, and I see people all the time, who have so much that don't know they have, so much beauty, inner beauty and so much going for them that they don't know's goin', But the Devil will take everything from you, if you don't know who you are in Christ."
- Archbishop LeRoy Bailey Jr. senior pastor of The First Cathedral, From a sermon entitled: Abundant Overflowing Thought delivered February 24th 2008
- Watching Britney Spears the other night [on the MTV Video Music Awards] was like watching a public execution. How could the people at MTV, the people around her, not know this girl was fucked up? People came in expecting a train wreck, and they got more than they bargained for.