Can't Buy Me Love
Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
- [to Cindy] You can do anything you want, anything you put your heart and mind into!
- You ignored the Donald Miller geek for seventeen years, now you want to ride the Ronnie Miller express!
- [to his dad, about his brother] Here is the primate example. You're raising a doll-chopping homicidal maniac, and what do you do every time you see him? You give him money. Great!
- [Talking to Cindy outside her house] I need to talk to you. Every time I call you're either taking a bath, washing your hair or you're out of the country. That was a good one, by the way.
- Nerds, jocks. My side, your side. It's all bullshit. Its hard enough just trying to be yourself.
- Guys, take a look at my forehead... do you see a sign that says information?
- [to Ronald] Iris? Oh yeah, she's a big conquest. She's given more rides than Greyhound!
- Chuckie Miller: [about Ronald's card nights] Cards with the tards. Who could beat a night of cards, chips, dips and dorks?
- Patty: [about Ronald] I mean, he went from totally geek, to totally chic!
- Patty: [about Ronald] Like we're not supposed to know he's SPYING on us in his SPAZ-mobile.
- Quint: [walking into the New Year's party] Quinton is in! Let the fun begin!
- Jock: Look - it's a nerd herd!
- Patty: Cool outfit!
- Barbara: What a severe suede!
- Cindy Mancini: You guys, it's no big deal. Bobby sent it to me from Iowa. You know they have fine leathers down there.
- Patty: Oh, yeah. The best leathers come from Rome, Paris, and Des Moines!
- Ronald Miller: I'm going to a party. John Richmond's, with Cindy Mancini.
- Chuckie Miller: Cindy Mancini? Senior, captain of the cheerleaders, most beautiful girl in the history of this county?
- Ronald Miller: That's her. Well, I'm late, gotta bolt.
- Chuckie Miller: Bolt? Something stinks in suburbia.
- Patty: Didn't you like, used to mow our lawn?
- Ronald Miller: Yes, and you have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town!
- Patty: Rhodo-who's?
- Cindy Mancini: Guys, I'll see you in home ec, OK?
- Barbara: What did he say?
- Patty: I don't care! Dig on his shirt...
- Cindy Mancini: The moon looks different now, it's not as mysterious or romantic as before.
- Ronald Miller: I'm sorry I ruined it for you.
- Cindy Mancini: You didn't ruin it, you just changed it I guess.
- Cindy Mancini: [to Ronald, after their fake break-up] Whatever happens to your popularity, stay yourself, don't change to please others.
- Ronald Miller: Me change? Never.
- Chuckie Miller: Chillin!
- Ronald's Dad: Shut up, Chuck!
- Chuckie Miller: I was talking to Ma!
- Ronald's Mom: Shut up, Chuck!
- Patty: Are you into long distance relationships?
- Ronald Miller: No.
- Patty: Now, then why don't you reach out and touch someone?
- [puts his hands on her breasts]
- Barbara: Why wouldn't we go out with Ronald. I mean he's cute and sweet...
- Patty: And good...
- [Cindy and Barbara stare at her]
- Patty: Come on, a lady never talks.
- Cindy Mancini: Well I'll have to remember that the next time I see one.
- Ronald Miller: What's his name, Biff?
- Cindy Mancini: Don't give me that! His name happens to be... Brett!
- Ronald Miller: Is there a difference?
- Chuckie Miller: You nuked my brother.
- Cindy Mancini: What?
- Chuckie Miller: You took him from "geek" status to "king" status to no status.
- Cindy Mancini: Chuckie Miller, right? He resorted to sending his messenger boy?
- Chuckie Miller: Boy? I see no boy here.
- [Cindy puts powder on his face]
- Chuckie Miller: You think you shut me up?
- Cindy Mancini: I didn't? Well, let me try again.
- [attempts to put lipstick on Chuckie, who leaves]
- Chuckie Miller: [to his friends] Babe said it was good for my complexion.
- Patrick Dempsey - Ronald Miller
- Amanda Peterson - Cindy Mancini
- Courtney Gains - Kenneth Wurman
- Tina Caspary - Barbara
- Seth Green - Chuckie Miller
- Sharon Farrell - Mrs. Mancini
- Darcy DeMoss - Patty
- Dennis Dugan - David Miller
- Cloyce Morrow - Judy Miller
- Devin DeVasquez - Iris
- Cort McCown - Quint
- Eric Bruskotter - Big John
- Gerardo Mejía - Ricky
- Ami Dolenz - Fran
- Max Perlich - Lester