There is a law that man should love his neighbor as himself. In a few hundred years it should be as natural to mankind as breathing or the upright gait; but if he does not learn it he must perish.Alfred Adler
- Adolescence is just one big walking pimple.
- Celebrity was a long time in coming; it will go away. Everything goes away.
- Comedy is tragedy plus time.
- Giving birth is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head.
- I don't have false teeth. Do you think I'd buy teeth like these?
- I have always grown from my problems and challenges, from the things that don't work out, that's when I've really learned.
- I liked myself better when I wasn't me.
- This is to explain just how your mom turned out to be the kind of hairpin she is.
- We didn't exactly starve, but we were pretty poor when I was growing up. I remember thinking, Oh gosh, if I could just make thirty dollars a month to help with the rent, that would be fabulous. So perhaps I envied performers when I heard that Bing Crosby made twenty dollars a minute.
- When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go.
- Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own.
- Short biography at Famous Texans web page