In the early days of the Indian Territory, there were no such things as birth certificates. You being there was certificate enough.Will Rogers
- "Honey, I love you, I see you soon, and you know what that means".
- [To Wilson the volleyball, after doing some math] That's a search area of 500,000 square miles. That's twice the size of Texas. They may never find us.
- [To Wilson] We might just make it. Did that thought ever cross your brain? Well, regardless, I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean than to stay here and die on this shithole island spending the rest of my life talking TO A GODDAMN VOLLEYBALL!!! [Kicks the volleyball off the cliff in a rage]
- [To Wilson] Hey, you want to hear something funny? My dentist's name is James Spalding.
- [After Wilson begins to float away] Wilson! I'm sorry, Wilson!
- I should've never gotten on that plane. I should've never gotten out of the car.
- This is our car. You kept our car. All right, now this is weird.
- [Explaining to his close friend how he will cope with losing his wife Kelly] I've got to keep breathing. Because tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?