It is a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to a waiter.Don Herold
(Redirected from Charles F. Kettering)
- The whole fun of living is trying to make something better.
- As quoted in Dynamic Work Simplification (1971) by W. Clements Zinck, p. 12
- A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true.
- As quoted in Dynamic Work Simplification (1971) by W. Clements Zinck, p. 122
- The key to economic prosperity is the organized creation of dissatisfaction.
- As quoted in The End of Work (1995) by Jeremy Rifkin, p. 19
- A man must have a certain amount of intelligent ignorance to get anywhere with progressive things.
- An inventor fails 999 times, and if he succeeds once, he's in. He treats his failures simply as practice shots.
- High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.
- If you have always done it that way, it is probably wrong.
- It doesn't matter if you try and try and try again, and fail. It does matter if you try and fail, and fail to try again.
- It's amazing what ordinary people can do if they set out without preconceived notions.
- My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there.
- Variant: My interest is in the future, as I'm going to be spending the rest of my life there.
- Nothing ever built arose to touch the skies unless some man dreamed that it should, some man believed that it could, and some man willed that it must.
- People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.
- The opportunities of man are limited only by his imagination. But so few have imagination that there are ten thousand fiddlers to one composer.
- Fools! I will destroy you all!
- The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.
- There will always be a frontier where there is an open mind and a willing hand.
- A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
- You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.