Christopher ("Boomer") James Berman (born May 10, 1955, in Greenwich, Connecticut) is a sportscaster who anchors SportsCenter, Monday Night Countdown, Sunday NFL Countdown, Baseball Tonight and other programming on ESPN.
- Do I wish I didn't say a few things nine years ago? Yes. But if that's the worst thing I ever did, I can live with it.
- The Chefs
- Nickname for the Kansas City Chiefs, in reference to the 1981 season in which Berman stated that the Chiefs were not playing in a manner fitting of the name Chiefs. Berman later made a deal with former Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt that if the Chiefs had a winning record the following season, Berman would never refer to them as the Chefs again.
- Starvin' Marvin Harrison
- "All he does is catch touchdowns!"
- Say it ain't Sosa!
- He could... go... all... the... way!
- whenever a football player runs a long distance for a touchdown, said in imitation of Howard Cosell
- He could... go... all... the... w-w-w-w, OH! Just shy at the 1 yard-line!
- For plays that get close to a touchdown.
- He could... eat... all... the... dots!
- a reference to Pacman Jones
- He's rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'
- whenever a larger, heavier football player runs for a touchdown.
- Nobody Circles the wagons like the buffalo bills!
- Whenever the bills won
- Bills Special teams
- When the bills special teams make a great play