When one subtracts from life infancy (which is vegetation), sleep, eating and swilling, buttoning and unbuttoning—how much remains of downright existence? The summer of a dormouse.Lord Byron
- 'Don't just do something, stand there.' Gary Cooper wasn't afraid to do nothing.
- Reported in Patrick McGilligan, Clint: The Life and Legend (2002), p. 112; in the first part, Eastwood was reportedly quoting a favored instruction from acting coach Jack Kosslyn.
- I've actually had people come up to me and ask me to autograph their guns.
- Reported in Leslie Halliwell, John Walker, Halliwell's Who's Who in the Movies (2003), p. 149.
- There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.
- Reported in Investor's Business Daily (April 9, 2001), A-4.
- With that kind of money, I could have invaded some country.
- On the $31 million cost of making a film, reported in "Figures and quotes", Bristol Evening Post (June 19, 2007), p. 36.
- This is one politician who doesn't have ambitions to leave Carmel.
- "1986: Eastwood voted mayor by landslide," BBC: On This Day-8 April.
- In recent times it just seems that women have been relegated to either romantic roles or fluff pieces. So the appeal, for me, is to make a picture about a real woman.
- Maher, Kevin, "Clint Eastwood the bashful legend: somebody stop me," Times Online, (2008-11-13).
- They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.