Coal Miner's Daughter
Speak low if you speak love.Don Pedro
- Directed by Michael Apted. Screenplay by Thomas Rickman; based on the autobiography by Loretta Lynn and George Vecsey.
- [after discovering Mooney with a young woman] I'm warning you, Doolittle, I'd better not ever catch you with trash like that again! I mean it!
- [after hearing about Patsy Cline's death] She can't be dead, Doo! We're goin' shopping! Who am I gonna talk to now?
* Stoppa that growlin', Doo. You sound like an ol' bar or somethin'.,,
- [Doo has come home hungry but can't stomach Lorettie's cookin and grumbles, "Grrrrrr'. ] Loretta says to Doo Stopamakin' dat noise, Doo...ya soun' lak an ol' baahr agrawlin'
- [Loretta and Doolittle are fighting in the parking lot] Get in the car, Loretta! Get in the damn car and drive, Charlie!
- [to Loretta] I'll call you on Monday and we'll go shopping. Anything we can't buy, we'll make. Anything we can't make, we'll steal!
- Loretta Lynn: [in a radio interview] Shoot, we've been driving so much, I don't know where I am half the time. But it's fun. We sing, and talk, and Doo - that's my husband - he'll get to acting horny.
- Speedy West: [shocked] What!
- Loretta Lynn: And the more I laugh, the hornier he gets, and then he'll say "Loretta, spread me up another one of them baloney sandwiches!"
- Radio station manager: [later] I don't know where in the hell you think are, lady, but that part of smut don't go in this part of the country!
- Loretta Lynn: I didn't know it was dirty! I thought "horny" meant cuttin' up and acting silly!
- Radio station manager: And cut up that dumb hillbilly act!
- Doolittle Lynn: If you knew Loretta, you'd know that ain't no act.
- Loretta Lynn: Thank you, honey.
- Sissy Spacek - Loretta Lynn
- Tommy Lee Jones - Doolittle "Mooney" Lynn
- Beverly D'Angelo - Patsy Cline
- Levon Helm - Ted Webb
- Phyllis Boyens - Clary Webb
- Bob Hannah - Charlie Dick
- William Sanderson - Lee Dollarhide
- Ernest Tubb - Himself