Corpse Bride is a 2005 stop-motion animated film by Tim Burton. It is about a young man who, stressed by his upcoming wedding, goes for a walk to clear his head. When he returns, he's married to a corpse…
Victor Van Dort
- I've got a ... dwarf... and I'm not afraid to use him! I want some questions, now!
- [to the reanimated corpse of his old dog, Scraps] Play dead...oh, sorry.
- With this hand, I will cup your...oh, goodness, no!
- [Angry] Hopscotch.
- He's not my boyfriend, he's my husband!
- You may kiss the bride!
- I've spent so long in the darkness, I'd almost forgotten how...beautiful the moonlight is.
- You kept your promise. You set me free. Now I can do the same for you.
- I was a bride. My dreams were taken from me. But now - now I've stolen them from someone else. I love you, Victor, but you're not mine.
- There's an eye in me soup.
- Fetch me musket!
- Will the mortification never cease? It will be YEARS before we can show ourselves in public again!
- What impropriety is this?!
- Three steps, THREE! Can you not COUNT?!
- Let's try it AGAIN, shall we, Master Van Dort?
- ENOUGH! This wedding cannot take place until he is properly prepared! [to Victor] Young man. Learn. Your. Vows.
- She's speaking in tongues of an unholy alliance! (about Victoria)
- A tragic tale of romance, passion, and a murder most foul!
- Hit it, boys.
- I love a woman with meat on her bones!
- Why go up there when people are dying to get down here?
- I have it. A Ukranian Haunting Spell! Just the thing for these quick trips.
- Dearly beloved, and departed...
- Victor would have to give up the life he had forever. He would have to repeat his vows in the Land of the Living, and drink from the Wine of Ages. This would stop his heart forever. Only then would he be free to give it to you.
- If I hadn't just been sitting in it, I would see that you've lost your mind!
- We have to KILL HIM!
- [pushing out the Corpse Bride's eye so he can look for Victor] Don't worry. I'll keep an eye out for him.
- HEAR YE, HEAR YE! VICTOR VAN DORT SEEN LAST NIGHT ON THE BRIDGE IN THE ARMS OF A MYSTERY WOMAN! THE DARK-HAIRED TEMPTRESS AND MASTER VAN DORT SLIPPED AWAY INTO THE NIGHT! And now the weather: scattered showers...
- In other news... THE DEAD WALK THE EARTH!!!
- Pastor Galswells: [yelling] Be gone, ye demons from Hell! Back to the void from which you came! You shall not enter here! Back! Back!
- Skeleton: Keep it down, we're in a church.
- Corpse Bride: [recognises Barkis] YOU!
- Lord Barkis: Emily?! But... I left you!
- Corpse Bride: For dead!
- Elder Gutknecht: [to angry corpses] Wait! We must abide by their rules! We are amongst the living.
- Maggot: [after Barkis drinks poison and dies] Not anymore!
- Elder Gutknecht: Yup, you're right. He's all yours.
- Victoria: Oh, Hildegarde... what if Victor and I don't... like each other?
- Maudeline: Humph! As if that has anything to do with marrige. Do you suppose your father and I like each other?
- Victoria: Surely you must, a little?
- Maudeline and Finis: Of course not!
- Town Crier: VICTOR VAN DORT ELOPES WITH CORPSE! HEARTBROKEN BRIDE TO WED WEALTHY NEWCOMER!
- Nell Van Dort: Wealthy newcomer? It cannot be!
- William Van Dort: Did he say "corpse"?
- Nell Van Dort: Oh, don't be ridiculous. What corpse would marry our Victor?
- Rising to the occasion.
- There's been a grave misunderstanding...
- Can a heart break, once it stopped beating?