Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life.Merle Shan
Quotes about Corruption
(in alphabetic order, by author)
- "Corruption is stealing from the poor."
- "Rest assured knowing justice exists only as the divergence between what we know, and what we believe."
- "Corruption is nature's way of restoring our faith in democracy."
- "I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."
- "It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."
- "Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist."
"Flattery corrupts both the receiver and the giver."
- "Corruption is like a ball of snow, once it's set a rolling it must increase."
–Charles Caleb Colton
- "Corruption of the best becomes the worst." – "Corruptio optimi pessima."
- "Money and Corruption Are ruining the land Crooked politicians Betray the working man, Pocketing the profits And treating us like sheep, And we're tired of hearing promises That we know they'll never keep."
- "Corruption never has been compulsory."
- "Corruption and hypocrisy ought not to be inevitable products of democracy, as they undoubtedly are today."
- "Corruption ought not to be an inevitable product of democracy."
- "Corrupted freemen are the worst of slaves."
- "Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both."
–John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- "Corrupt politicians make the other ten percent look bad."
–Henry A. Kissinger
- "The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference."
- "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
- "I don't doubt that we suffer from a plentiful dose of corruption. But I doubt not less that people, who otherwise don't miss anything else can go on living and even prospering well."
–José Ortega y Gasset (attributed)
- "But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought."
- "Power does not corrupt men. Fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power."
–George Bernard Shaw
- "Communism is the corruption of a dream of justice."
–Adlai E. Stevenson
- "Corruption is strong friendship at the highest level."
- Leonid S. Sukhorukov’’
- "The more corrupt the state, the more laws."
–Publius Cornelius Tacitus