Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.Denis Waitley
Agent Doug Carlin
- For all of my career, I've been trying to catch people after they do something horrible. For once in my life, I'd like to catch somebody before they do something horrible.
- What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?
- Brace yourselves, I think you're about to witness a murder.
- I need more cowbell!
- Looks like I chose the wrong day to quit snorting hash.
- You think you know what's coming? You don't have a clue.
- I told you [Doug] earlier I have a destiny, a purpose. Satan reasons like man, but God thinks of eternity. Well, I prostrate myself before a world that's going to hell in a handbag, because in all eternity, I am here and I will be remembered. That's destiny. A bomb has a destiny, a predetermined fate set by the hand of its creator. And anyone who tries to alter that destiny will be destroyed. Anyone who tries to stop it from happening will cause it to happen. And that's what you don't understand. We're not here to coexist. I'm here to win.
- [Final line] It wasn't supposed to be like this...
- Mr. Kuchever: Agent Carlin?
- Doug Carlin: Doug.
- Mr. Kuchever: I want you to take these. [hands over pictures of Claire Kuchever]
- Doug Carlin: Well, that's...
- Mr. Kuchever: Just go through them when you get a chance.
- Doug Carlin: It's really not necessary.
- Mr. Kuchever: Yes, it is. See, I know how these things go, Agent Carlin. And I need her to matter to you.
- Shanti: Tell me, is there any scientific or forensic insight likely to be gained by spying on this woman in the shower ?
- Alexander Denny: Shanti, we're trying to make sure the woman's clean.
- Shanti: We used huge amounts of energy to create this image!
- Doug Carlin: Alright, how huge?
- Alexander Denny: Well you remember that little blackout we had a few years back, we blamed Canada, Canada blamed Michigan...
- Doug Carlin: Half the northeast. You're saying you guys...
- Alexander Denny: 50 million homes?
- Gunnars: [raises hand] My bad!
- Alexander Denny: Well, I still say we blame Canada, but...
- Doug: You killed 543 people. How do you feel about that?
- Doug: I think that you were a murderer right from the beginning.
- Carrol: Sometimes a little human collateral is the cost of freedom. To me, those people were war casualties, but to you, they're just evidence.
- Carrol: You better have some divine intervention, buddy. You're gonna need it.
- Doug Carlin: You better have some KY. You're gonna need it.
- Denzel Washington - Douglas Carlin
- Paula Patton - Claire Kuchever
- Adam Goldberg - Alexander Denny
- James Caviezel - Carroll Oerstadt
- Enrique Castillo - Mr. Kutchever
- Erika Alexander - Shanti