D.O.A. (1950 film)
D.O.A. is a 1950 film about Frank Bigelow, a businessman who has been poisoned for no apparent reason. With only a short time to live, he sets out to unravel the mystery.
- [After being told his grim prognosis] Do you realize what you're saying? You're telling me that I'm dead!
- I can breathe and I can move, but I'm not alive because I took that poison, and nothing can save me.
- I don't think you understand, Bigelow. You've been murdered.
- [Opening dialogue]
- Homicide Detective: Can I help you?
- Frank Bigelow: I'd like to see the man in charge.
- Detective: In here...
- Bigelow: I want to report a murder.
- Homicide Captain: Sit down. Where was this murder committed?
- Bigelow: San Francisco, last night.
- Captain: Who was murdered?
- Bigelow: I was.
- [After Bigelow dies]
- Deputy: How shall I make out the report on him, Captain?
- Captain: Better make it dead on arrival.