Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Z (ドラゴンボール Z, Doragon Bōru Zetto) is the long-running sequel to the popular shōnen series Dragon Ball made by Akira Toriyama. The anime first premiered in Japan in April of 1989 (on Fuji TV) and ended in January of 1996, comprising of 291 episodes in its entirety. In the U.S., the series ran between 1996 and 2003, though not always on the same networks or with continuity of dubbing. It aired in the UK, albeit with the same dubbing problem, on Cartoon Network between 1999 and 2002, and the final few episodes ran on CNX in 2002, before that channel relaunched as Toonami. The series was redubbed and re-modified with its original Japanese soundtrack and began to be released in 2005 in season sets.
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 1
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 4
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 5
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 6
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 7
- Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone
- Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest
- Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might
- Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug
- Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
- Dragon Ball Z: Return of Cooler
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13
- Dragon Ball Z: Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
- Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound
- Dragon Ball Z: Broly Second Coming
- Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly
- Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn
- Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon
- Goku: [During the Buu saga] "Look - you've always talked about our Saiyan race, how we're the last of a mighty people... Well it's time we accept we're starting a new race - one that can be just as strong, just as proud... but not if we're caught up in so much of our old birthrights to see what is right in front of us. We've lost our old race Vegeta - let's not lose this one too."
- [Vegeta, before fighting Pui Pui on Babidi's spaceship]
- Vegeta: Welcome to the end of your life, and I promise it's going to hurt.
- Majin Vegeta: [To the Supreme Kai, in the stadium after he called Vegeta and Kakarot's squabble meaningless] "Meaningless, huh? What do you know of meaningless!? Spend most of YOUR life ruled by another - Watch YOUR race dwindle to a handful... and THEN tell me what has more meaning than your OWN strength! I have in me the blood of a Saiyan Prince. HE is nothing but a joke! Yet, I've had to watch him surpass me in strength... my destiny THROWN to the wayside! He... he's even saved my life as if I were a helpless child. He has stolen my honor. And his debts... must be... paid!"
- [Vegeta, arguing with Goku, after defeating all of Babidi's henchmen]
- Vegeta: We conquered what were supposed to be the strongest fighters in the universe, and we barely broke a sweat!
- Vegeta: [To Goku, about why he let Babidi take over his mind] "You see? Thats why I needed Babidi. I wanted him to reawaken the evil in my heart. I wanted him to return me to the way I was BEFORE!!! I WAS THE PERFECT WARRIOR, COLD AND RUTHLESS; I LIVED BY MY STRENGTH ALONE, UNINHIBITED BY FOOLISH EMOTION!!! But slowly... over the years... I became one of you, my quest for greatness gradually giving way to this life of mediocrity. I awoke one day to find that I had settled down, formed a family - I had even grown quite fond of them. Would you believe, I almost started to think the Earth was a nice place to live? You understand now, Kakarot? That's why I needed Babidi to set me free. By releasing the evil in my heart he has freed me of the petty attachments... and I have to say, it feels pretty good."
- Goku: "Do you really believe what you're saying"
- Goku: [During the Buu saga] "Wake up! Majin Buu has eaten everyone we care about! Everyone we know is gone! Even Bulma! (Vegeta look upset but Goku contiunes) They've become part of Buu! They're trapped inside him! I thought the least we could do is put our own differences aside, just this once, and really work together! We owe that to our team-mates! Our families, Vegeta! Our friends…Listen, you always talked about our Saiyan race, how we are the last of a mighty people. It's time to face the fact that we're starting a new race, one that can be just as strong, and just as proud. But not if we're too caught up in our own birthrights to see what we have right in front of us! We've lost our old race, Vegeta! Let's not lose this one too!"
- Vegeta: You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps: HIS PRIDE!!!
- Goku: Look Vegeta! People popcorn!
- Vegeta: What is he on?
- Vegeta: "[when Goku was fighting 1-on-1 with Buu, to himself]" Amazing, how do you do it Kakarot? You've always been like this, ever since the day I first met you, always ready to meet the next challenge, even if it's bigger than you are! It was the same on namek, you had improved so much that it made Recoome look like he was standing still! Your power had increased so dramatically since our battle on earth that I thought you had done it. I thought - that you had become... a super saiyan! It tore me apart! How could a low class soldier accomplish so easily what I, I had struggled my whole life to achieve! After 3 millenia it has finally happened! A new super saiyan has emerged! And somehow, I have become this pompous witness! Then at last it happened, I too transformed. After living every moment of every day for the singular purpose of surpassing you - I finally became a super saiyan myself. The prince had reclaimed his throne and fulfilled his destiny! But no matter how strong I became, your power still exceeded mine! At first I thought it was your loved ones, that it was your instinct to protect them that spurred you on, and pushed you beyond your limits! But then I found myself with a family of my own. And my power didn't increase at all... I used to fight for the sheer pleasure of it, for the thrill of the hunt! Oh I had the strength unnestled. I spared no one. And yet, you showed mercy to everyone, even your fiercest enemies... even me! Yet you never fought to kill, or for revenge, only to test your limits, and to push yourself beyond them, to become the strongest you could possibly be! How could a saiyan fight like that and at the same time be so gentle that he wouldn't hurt a fly. It makes me angry just thinking about it! But, perhaps it is my anger that has made me blind to the truth for so long, I see it now, this day has made it all too clear. You're better than me Kakarot, you're the best.
Vegeta and Goku are about to be sucked down a whirlpool inside Buu
- Vegeta: What are we going to do?
- Goku: We're gonna get sucked into that hole.
- Vegeta: No, Kakarot, I mean how are we going to STOP it?
- Vegeta: This doesn't concern you! This is between me and your circus clown of a father!
- Goku: Circus clown. That's a new one.
(Inside Buu's Head)
- Vegeta: Ok, Kakarot, use your instincts. Right or left?
- Goku: Hmm. I'd have to say... left!
- Vegeta: Good. Then I'm going right!
- Goku: (in a hurt tone of voice) That's not very nice!
- Vegeta: You follow your instincts, Kakarot, I'll follow mine. [begins walking away]
- Goku: Well, fine! Have it your way! [Sticks his tongue out at Vegeta]
- Majin Buu: Buu go back in ball, man hurt Babidi. He gonna make ya dead.
- Majin Buu: Bibidi told Buu to kill people, and Babidi told Buu to destroy.
- Super Buu: Good-bye! Enough is enough. Stupid boy, you will pay! AH! YES! You're going to pay for everything you did to me!