Life is a great surprise. I don't see why death should not be an even greater one.Vladimir Nabokov
Dance generally refers to human movement either used as a form of expression or presented in a social, spiritual or performance setting.
- The dancefloor is a stage not a circus ring, so get off you clown *Steve Sayles
- Few things are more powerful than the ability to speak volumes to hundreds of people without using any words.
- To dance takes strength, artistry and passion. You can express any emotion possible in the most beautiful form, if you're willing to take the first step.
- It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
- Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances.
- I have no desire to prove anything by it. I have never used it as an outlet or a means of expressing myself. I just dance.
- A dance is a measured pace, as a verse is a measured speech.
- Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order.
- I dance because I am happy, I dance because I am free
- Your world cannot be complete without dance.
- Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It's the rhythm of your life. Its the expression in time and movement, in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
- To dance is to be out of yourself, larger, more powerful, more beautiful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking.
- There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good.
- Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
- Dancing: The Highest Intelligence in the Freest Body.
- If I could tell you what it meant, there would be no point in dancing it.
- Life isn't choreographed. That's why I fall down a lot.
- Dance is the hidden language of the soul.
- Movement never lies.
- Martha Graham, quoting her father
- So you can't dance? Not at all? Not even one step? . . . How can you say that you've taken any trouble to live when you won't even dance?
- Dance is a worship experience where the dancer glorifies God and the Holy Spirit ministers to His people.
- Nicole Gray Davis
- Dance for yourself, if someone understands good. If not then no matter, go right on doing what you love.
- We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
- Football isn't a contact sport; it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.
- Dance is advanced body language.
- Dancing is the world's favorite metaphor.
- Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.
- The self is a dance, constantly in motion.
- Dance is movement, is action, and like all action, it reveals us to ourselves in the doing.
- When we give ourselves over completely to the spirit of the dance, it becomes a prayer.
- Dance is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.
- Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, and she did it backwards and in high heels.
- O body swayed to music, o brightening glance, how can we know the dancer from the dance?
- Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
- Dance like no one's watching.
- At 14, I discovered girls. At that time, dancing was the only way you could put your arm around the girl. Dancing was courtship. Only later did I discover that you dance joy. You dance love. You dance dreams.
- Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator. Dancers come and go in a twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing then it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and the creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing... and dancing... and dancing, until there is only... The Dance.
- Fuck art, let's dance
- Anonymous, a 70's slogan