Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph "Dan" Daly (November 11 1873 – April 27 1937) was a United States Marine and one of only 19 men (and two Marines) to receive the Medal of Honor twice for two separate acts of heroism. (The other such Marine was Major General Smedley Butler).
- Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?
- I can't see how a single man could spend his time to better advantage than in the Marines.
- …the outstanding Marine of all time…
- The fightinest Marine I ever knew.
- It was an object lesson to have served with him.
- Maj. Gen. Butler
- Who's Who in Marine Corps History: "Daniel Daly"
- A True Red Blood American Hero
- Sgt. David M. Perry Jr.
- "Sergeant Major Daniel "Dan" Joseph Daly, USMC (Deceased)". Who's Who in Marine Corps History. United States Marine Corps. Retrieved on 2007-04-01.