What will not woman, gentle woman dare; when strong affection stirs her spirit up?Robert Southey
Superman: The Animated Series
- [Flying in, after Darkseid has just vaporized his son, Kalibak]
- Superman: What have you done to him? [Pause; no response] I asked you a question. Who are you? [Smile; no response] Answer me!
- Darkseid: [attacks Superman with his Omega Beams, frying him until he's on the ground, writhing] That is who I am.
- Darkseid: I did not return you to Earth so you could indulge in petty theft.
- Bruno Manheim: Petty?! We cleared over twenty million!
- Darkseid: I play for higher stakes.
- Bruno: You promised me you would make me a king!
- Darkseid: And so you are – a king of fools!
- Darkseid: If you won't be my knight, you will be my pawn.
- Darkseid: People of Earth, I am Darkseid, Lord of Apokolips! Here is your savior, down and broken. I have crushed him as easily as I have crushed all who have dared to oppose me throughout the Cosmos. I am power unlike any you have ever known: absolute, infinite, and unrelenting. You have no choice but to prepare as a long dark future as my subjects and my slaves.
Little Girl Lost
- Darkseid: Ever proud, eh, Kryptonian? I must say, I find it to be very...wearying.
- Superman: (referencing Granny Goodness) What was this bootlicker doing on Earth, Darkseid? I thought your business there was settled.
- Darkseid: I never settle. What I cannot have, I destroy.
- Darkseid: I told you once, Superman: If you would not be my knight, you would be my pawn.
- Superman: I see you're a man of your word.
- Darkseid: I am many things, Kal-El. You couldn't even begin to imagine half of them. But for now, I shall take the role of the executioner. A final gift, my wayward son: A fast death, infinitely preferable to the shame of returning to Earth. There, your legacy would be one of fear and distrust - a pariah desperately seeking the favor of a world that cursed your name.
- Superman: [Punches Darkseid] That was for Dan Turpin!
- Darkseid: Who?
- Superman: The good man you murdered!
- Darkseid: Had I known one human's death would pain you so, Kal-El, I would have killed more. And kill more I shall. Carry that agony with you to oblivion, Superman.
- Darkseid: I am many things, Kal-El - but here, I am God.
- Darkseid: You are a glutton for punishment. Time and again, I've beaten you, humbled you. What makes you think this time will be any different?
- Superman: Because this time, I'm not going to stop until you're just a greasy smear on my fist. Let's go.
- Darkseid: Let the universe howl in despair, for I have returned.
- Darkseid: I hope you appreciate, Kal-El, that everything that happens from this point is on your head. The skies will rain fire, the oceans will boil, the streets will run red with the blood of billions. Only then, after your last pitiful hope is extinguished, will I end your life. Let's go.
- Lex Luthor: You destroyed Brainiac! I'm going to make you pay!
- Darkseid: Unlikely.
- Darkseid: I'm more powerful than I've ever been, and the last time we met, you barely managed to hold your own.
- Superman: Funny. That's not how I remember it.
- Darkseid: Allow me to refresh your memory. [Darkseid picks up the Daily Planet globe and uses it to slam Superman through every floor of the building]
- Darkseid: Don't leave us yet, Kal-El. I want you to see your adopted homeworld bow down before me. Only then will I allow you death's sweet release.
- Darkseid: Impressive. No one has ever avoided my Omega Beam. I wonder if the other one is as agile. [Lex Luthor runs away] Excellent strategy.
- Darkseid: Super or otherwise, you're merely a man. And I am a god.
- Darkseid: It's called the Agony Matrix. Direct neural stimulation of pain receptors - all of them. Imagine the worst pain you've ever felt in your life, times a thousand. Now imagine that pain continuing. Forever. Oh, that's right... you don't have to imagine.
- Darkseid: Still alive. You impress me, Kryptonian. More, your valor has touched my heart. Oh yes, there is still some small part of me that knows mercy. I will end your pain... with something special I've been saving for just this occasion. [Darkseid draws a Kryptonite knife] I'm going to carve out your heart and put it on a pike in my throne room.
- Lex Luthor: As much as I'd enjoy seeing that, first you've got some business with me. Sorry it took me so long - I had to go get my power suit.
- Darkseid: You dare challenge me? Insanity!
- Lex Luthor: Oh, I'm not here to challenge you, Darkseid. Quite the contrary. I've got something you want. The only thing you want.
- Darkseid: [astonished] The Anti-Life Equation!
Justice League Heroes
- Batman: You tricked Brainiac into releasing you from your extradimensional prison.
- Darkseid: I told him he would unleash power beyond imagining. I fullfilled our bargain - to the letter!
- Zatanna: You also promised him knowledge.
- Darkseid: And I have. What greater lesson is there than this: Never trust Darkseid.