Darren Stanley Hayes (born 8 May 1972, in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) is a singer-songwriter. He is perhaps best known for his part in the hugely popular duo Savage Garden, whose international hit singles included the songs "I Want You," "To The Moon And Back," "I Knew I Loved You," and "Truly Madly Deeply."
- What impressed me most? Her stamina, dedication and perfection. Her precision and respect for her body and the craft. What an icon! What a role model for women! I bow down to the one I truly serve!!"
- On Madonna
- "I don't feel like I've re-invented myself, I feel like I've re-discovered who I was."
- From the "Making of Spin"  on his, at the time, new solo career
- "On the first date with my wife I said I'm going to marry you and she said "I know"".
- "If you want me to be straight, gay, into monkeys, dating Kylie Minogue, whatever, I'm happy for people to project whatever on to me!"
- "I know it's not very masculine to say the moon is beautiful - but it is!"
- "I was the kid that noticed how some concrete sparkles because of the quartz. There's beauty in rock if you look for it."
- "In fact, I met Britney Spears the other day at a party and I don't think she knew who I was. I was chatting away to her and I think she just thought I was some nutter. She seemed quite pleased when I told her I preferred her to Christina Aguilera, though..."
- Smash Hits UK
- "When I realised I wasn't Michael Jackson and I was this 10 year old boy growing up in the suburbs, I was devastated."
- "You're thin enough. You're beautiful enough."
Quotes about him
- "Darren Hayes recently came out and he certainly does make a good role model" - Generation Q