Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
These quotes are from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game series for the PC and X-Box.
- 1 Knights of the Old Republic
- 2 Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Knights of the Old Republic
Please note that the Revan responses are variable, as the player is Revan, and chooses his or her responses.
- Death is such a small impediment.
- The Dark Lord Revan is dead. I am a servant of the light now.
- What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause- to use their own knowledge against them?
- The Jedi do not believe in killing their prisoners. No one deserves execution, no matter what their crimes.
- There was something lurking out there, something that devoured Revan and Malak - and many other Jedi.
- Malak is dead! All hail the return of Darth Revan, the true Lord of the Sith! [Dark Side ending]
- Bastila Shan: On which planet were you born?
- Revan: Kashyyyk. I'm a Wookiee...can't you tell?
- Bastila Shan: What is your background?
- Revan; I'm a Hutt in human form planning to overthrow the Republic.
- Bastilla Shan: How old are you?
- Revan: 3012. Healthy living, you know.
- Bastila Shan: I see you intend to be childish about this.
- Bastila Shan: I saw your service records when you transferred aboard The Endar Spire, but nothing beyond that. I know very little about you. I'd like to ask you some questions, given our relationship.
- Revan: Our relationship? Is that some kind of clumsy come-on?
- Bastila Shan: I was referring to the bond we share; the one the Jedi Council spoke of. If I actually was interested in you, rest assured I could come up with a better approach than this!
- Revan: Whoa, guess I touched a nerve there, huh?
- Bastila Shan: Touched a nerve, no. Getting on my nerves, most definitely. I suppose this is what you men consider being witty.
A possible dialogue path if the player chooses not to kill Bastila, and ultimately fall in love with her:
- Bastila Shan: First there is something I must know. Do I have a place in your future? Do you love me?
- Revan: I do love you.
- Bastila Shan: I love you too. With all of my heart.
- Revan: You're not afraid to love anymore?
- Bastila Shan: After this? No. Nothing makes me feel more safe than to be loved by you.
- [Tanis Venn has been left to die in a trap set by his angry wife.]
- Bastila Shan: I say we leave him.
- Tanis Venn: You know, you're pretty heartless for such a pretty lady.
- Bastila Shan: I take it back. Let's congratulate his wife.
- They say the Force can do terrible things to a mind. It can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity.
- There's something slimy about this guy. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.[referring to Igear in the Undercity Village]
- Be careful. This one might be crazy enough to be dangerous.[referring to Old Rukil in the Undercity Village]
- I've never abandoned anyone on a mission, and I'm not about to start now.
- I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors.
- To think that I once looked up to those two as the best that humanity had to offer. Now I'd like nothing more than to put a blaster to both their heads.
- You gave me a future. I want to give you a future, too... with me. I think I could love you, if you give me the chance. [To non-canon female Revan]
- Working for Davik was like driving a spike through the side of your head... Sure you get something new in there, but in the end, you've lost something as well.
- You couldn't find your own backside with both hands and your friends!
- *whisper* I'm amazed at how many people that works on. The entire galaxy must be filled with weak-minded fools.
- Your choice. I'm here if you want something done right.
- From that moment on I knew that I would have to try to become a Jedi. To lift myself out of the rut I had been living in for years and to make a real difference, as the Jedi were. The foolish delusions of a child. But this child made it happen!
- I… I… I care for you. I do not know why. I do not know if anything will be possible or if you even return what I feel, but I do know it is there. [To the non-canon female Revan]
- Bah! I don't want to talk about this anymore! My jaw aches!
- sigh* You know the problem with the youth nowadays? They're YOUNG!
- But from now on you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group - with a light saber. And Force powers.
- ... Sometimes swirling Force is just swirling Force. It gets all us old Jedi excited at our age so we go 'Oooo, destiny!'
- Oh, I get it. Let's play with the old man's head, is it? He's half-senile, he'll forget I said anything! Wait uh, what was this about, anyway?
- Love eventually leads to as much pain as it does happiness.
- I'm old, dammit! I've earned the right to be enigmatic if I want to be!
- Let's just say that I was a strapping young lad with a full head of hair, and Coruscant was a small town with a well, heh heh.
- Ah, it makes you think I have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Oooo!!! Is that what you're wondering? Oooooo!!!
- Lashowe: Do you know how many Sith there are here on Korriban?
- Jolee Bindo: Twelve! No, wait, Thirteen!
- Canderous: Nice one, old man.
- Jolee Bindo: Thank you, it takes effort to be properly irreverent at my age.
- Injured Wookie: Please human, will you help me? I'm dying...
- Revan: You are not worthy! Why should I help you, weakling?
- Jolee Bindo: Nice... nice... nice... nice... Should we next find some insects to pull the legs off? Sounds fun doesn't it?
- Revan: How young are we talking?
- Jolee Bindo: Well, let's just say I was a strapping young lad with a full head of hair, and Coruscant was a small town with a well, heh heh.
- Jolee Bindo: I did it all for the Wookiees.
- Revan: The Wookiees?
- Jolee Bindo: The Wookiees! You know, you remind me of someone I used to know. Promising young man, great destiny. Breath like a bantha.
- Revan: Did you annoy this person endlessly, too? <or> Is this a comment on my breath?
- I have a bad feeling about this...
- Hey, don't treat me like I'm a little girl. I ain't no kid — I'm fourteen years old!
- Taris was my home for many years. As much as I hated it, it was still home. A rat-hole; a warren; a paradise. I suppose you could call it all these things. For me it was hell…
- [Griff] showed me how to slice into a computer's security system; how to get inside a locked building without the entrance codes, and how to spot a wealthy mark for a quick shell game.
- With my street smarts and his muscle, we make a great team. [On her Wookiee companion Zalbaar.]
- You are a very harsh master, master. I like you.
- That's the way to tell the meatbags master! Charging blasters, this should be fun.
- Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.
- Warning: And come no closer, hairy meatbag. I will defend the master from your barbarism.
- Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
- Statement: It's just...you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water. How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea.
- HK-47: Query: Can I kill him now, master? I'd like ever so much to break his neck. It's been a long time fantasy of mine...
- Revan: Maybe later...
- HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? I WILL BE BACK!
- HK-47: Observation: I say we just kill the meatbag and save you the trouble master.
- Tanis Venn: Whats with all the droids lately. Did my wife get to you too?
- HK-47: Negative. I just don't like meatbags. Except the master, of course. HA-HA.
- Revan: Whoa, slow down there. Yes, I did purchase you...
- HK-47: Explanation: Then you qualify as my master and I must refer to you as such. The legal requirements for models of my type are very specific, master.
- Revan: What legal requirements do you mean?
- HK-47: Answer: Simply that the distinction between 'killer' and 'killee' be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally.
- Revan: I don't think 'killee' is a word.
- HK-47: Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assasination droid... not a dictionary!
- HK-47: Commentary: How would you like to be the wholly-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning! If, uh, you weren't one yourself, I mean...
- Revan: Demeaning, is it?
- HK-47: Clarification: Err... perhaps I did not mean it *quite* like that, master. I mean... while an artificial life-form is superior...
- Revan: You're not making it any better.
- HK-47: Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...
- The Dark Side is strong in this place... I can feel it's power! Is this wise? The ancient jedi sealed this archway. If we pass beyond these doors, we can never go back. Are the secrets of the Star Forge so valuable? Can its power truly be worth the risk? [Talking to Revan in a flashback of their fall to the darkside.]
- Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy!
- Your predecessor once made the mistake of questioning my orders, Admiral. Surely you are not foolish enough to make the same mistake?
- You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord – and know that I have taken your place!
- Savior. Conquerer. Hero. Villain. You are all things Revan, and yet, you are nothing.
- And in the end, as the darkness takes me... I am nothing.
- [a possible ending, if the player chooses the Light Side. Malak is near death.]
- Darth Malak: Im... impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith.
- Revan: This is the way of the Dark Side, Malak - All things end in death.
- Darth Malak: Still... still spouting the wisdom of the Jedi, I see. Maybe there is more truth in their code than I ever believed. I... I cannot help but wonder, Revan. What would have happened had our positions been reversed? What if fate had decreed I would be captured by the Jedi? Could I have returned to the Light, as you did? If you had not led me down the Dark Path in the first place, what destiny would I have found?
- Revan: I am sorry I started you on this path. But you chose to continue down it.
- Darth Malak: I suppose... I suppose you speak the truth. I alone must accept responsibility for my fate. I wanted to be Master of the Sith and ruler of the galaxy. But that destiny was not mine, Revan. It might have been yours, perhaps... but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me... I am nothing.
- [a possible ending, if the player chooses the Dark Side. Malak is near death.]
- Darth Malak: Im... Impossible. I cannot be beaten. I... am the Dark Lord of the Sith.
- Revan: Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
- Darth Malak: Yes. I cannot deny it any longer. You are the one who deserves... who deserves to be the Dark Lord. You were the one who found the first Star Map on Dantooine, Revan, and it was you who led us on our quest for the Star Forge. I only followed in your wake. I tried to usurp your rule, to steal the title of Sith Master from you. But now I understand; the destiny is yours Revan. Not mine. You... you are Darth Revan, Lord... Lord of the Sith. And I... I am nothing.
- Revan: The apprentice has learned his final lesson.
- Darth Malak: And so it ends. As I somehow always knew it must... In darkness.
- Gar: May the Force be with you, then. Is... is that how it goes? Yes, may the Force be with you.
- Lorgal:You kill millions with a huge starship and you're a war hero. You kill hundreds with a grenade and you're a terrorist.
- Admiral Forn Dodonna: Anywhere you go, you will be hailed, as saviors of freedom and the Republic!
- Master Vrook Lamar: The lure of the dark side is difficult to resist. I fear this quest to find the Star Forge could lead you down an all too familiar path.
- Master Vandar Tokare: Wherever you go, you will be recognized as the heroes of our age. But you must remain ever vigilant - for one day you may be called upon once again to defend the glory of the Republic... against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this... is the destiny... of the Jedi.
Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Please note that the Exile's responses are variable, as the player is the Jedi Exile, and chooses his or her responses.
The Jedi Exile
- Nothing hurts more than a blaster bolt to the groin. [A Dark Side path option, in which the player is attempting to demoralise the Khoonda militia.]
- To teach, one must be willing to learn.
- Just because I saved her doesn't mean I was going to charge up her loading ramp. [Talking to Kreia, in reference to Visas.]
- I have found that answers come in their own time, not ours.
- Plans are fragile things, and life often dashes expectations to the ground.
- It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
- There are dark places in the galaxy, where few tread; ancient centers of learning, of knowledge. But I did not walk alone...to be united by hatred is a...fragile alliance at best. My will was not law. There were disagreements. Ambitions. And hunger for power. There are techniques within the Force, against which there is no defense. I was cast down, striped of my power. Exiled. I suffered...indignities. And fell into darkness.
- Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched upon his soul.
- It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
- If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single idea.
- A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves... or find themselves lacking.
- Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn.
- Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done. All your decisions have brought you to this point. And now, perhaps, they shall see what you have become.
- Who I am is not the question. Those are titles, words you cling to as the darkness falls around you. 'Sith' is a title, yes, but like you, the title is not who I am. It is not what I believe. For you... it is different.
- It is only through interaction, through decision and choice, through confrontation, physical or mental, that the Force can grow within you.
- Do not see every enemy as an enemy—see them instead as an ally, whether they know it or not.
- I? I am but a mirror, whose only purpose is to show you what your eyes cannot yet see.
- When one relies on sight to perceive the world, it is like trying to stare at the galaxy through a crack in the door.
- [Peragus II Mining Facility holding cells] Then there was some big explosion, I was sitting here for a long time, then you showed up in your underwear and things got a lot better.
- [After the female Exile finds a set of clothing at the Peragus II Mining Facility] Dammit. I mean...good, good to hear it. No sense in you running around half-naked. It's... It's distracting... I mean, for the droids.
- All right, cut it out, I get...I get it, I get it. The last Jedi in the galaxy, I get the comedian who runs around in her underwear. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
- Just so you know, the whole 'cryptic Jedi' routine isn't mysterious, it's just annoying. If you could really see the future, you'd be at the pazaak table.
- Atton : You two are supposed to be Jedi? You two are the worst Jedi I've ever met!
- Atton Rand: So, uh, how long have you been a Jedi? Must be tough, you know... no family, no husband...
- Jedi Exile: No tougher than enduring your false sympathy while you're staring at my chest.
- Atton Rand: So... What happened?
- Jedi Exile: To what?
- Atton: Don't give me that. There were plenty of times back on Peragus where a lightsaber would have been helpful. So... Where is yours?
- Exile: My lightsaber was... taken from me, by the Council.
- Atton: Oh yeah? I thought a Jedi was supposed to be married to their lightsaber. Guess I heard wrong...
- I'll take the stupid one, who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us when he had the chance.
- I would [build you a remote], but then I wouldn't be the only one with a floating sphere following him around, and I kind of like that.
- I got tired of [my arm]- kept dropping my hydrospanner. Figured I'd get a new one.
- I would die for you, General.
- Much has been forgotten in recent wars, and I fear that greater troubles shall stem from that loss of knowledge in the future. The destruction of the Jedi Academy on Ossus near the Cron Drift in the Sith War… the teachings of Master Arca, the adventures of Jolee Bindo on the Rimward Missions. All these things are in danger of being lost forever.
- It is difficult sometimes for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all.
- I'm Mira. I'm the best bounty hunter in this system—and that's not me bragging, that's fact.
- What, you trying to be my mother? No thanks, already had one. Somewhere.
- [Darth Nihilus] is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake, life dies... sacrificing itself to his hunger.
- There are many kinds of hate, and all of them have the call of the dark side in them.
- Assemble the rest of your clan. You will return to Dxun. [To a group of Mandalorians on Dantooine.]
- I've fought countless battles–ones most didn't walk away from. The wounds add up–and even the implants are all that keeps me going sometimes. I may have been stronger in my youth–and stupider–but now I've got to rely more on my armor, my weapons, and my cunning.
- My master [Revan] had quite the collection of tortured individuals that seemed unable to confront their basic personality conflicts. Let me cite some specific examples. Mockery: [In Carth's voice] 'Oh, master, I do not trust you! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!' Mockery: [In Bastila's voice] 'Oh, master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!' [Returning to his own voice] Such pheromone-driven human responses never cease to decrease the charge in my capacitors and make me wish I could press a blaster pistol to my behavior core and pull the trigger. I am pleased that this does not seem to be the case with your current entourage.
- Observation: I believe that Revan was cleaning house at Malachor V. What ones did not die became Revan's allies against the Republic.
- Conclusion: I believe the Mandalorian Wars were to beat the Mandalorians and also to allow Revan to build the foundation of his army.
- You could say I'm something of a... patriot.
- Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics.
- 'I will bring her corpse to her, cast it at her feet. It will be as if killing her children. I will kill all she protects, all she shields, until her hands are drenched in blood.
- I hate you because you are beautiful to me. And in that weakness lies death.
- I can die a hundred times, Exile, and still will I rise, as powerful as before.
- [Dying] I am glad to leave this place, at last.
- Darth Sion: I sense you, my master. Faint. Weak.
- Kreia: Your senses betray you. As you betrayed me.
- Darth Sion: After all that has happened, still you live. You are difficult to kill.
- Kreia: For one as limited as you, perhaps. To have fallen so far and learned nothing, that is your failure.
- Darth Sion: The failure is yours. No longer do your whispers crawl within my skull, no longer do we suffer beneath teachings that weaken us. And now you run in search of the Jedi... They are all dead, save one. And one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness which is to come.
- Kreia: Perhaps, we shall see.
- Vrook: You were deafened.
- Kreia [To herself off-screen]: At last, you could hear.
- Kavar: You were broken.
- Kreia: You were whole.
- Zez-kai Ell: You were blinded.
- Kreia: And at last, you saw.
- [After being threatened by the Zhugs on Nar Shaddaa]
- Atton: Did anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very.'
- Bao-Dur: I think he wanted us to give up the General to his poorly-trained collection of bounty hunters.
- Atton: Ah. Well that should explain it. Which one do you want?
- Bao-Dur: I'll take the stupid one who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us when he had the chance.
- [After watching Visquis' invitation to the Jekk'Jekk Tarr]
- Atton: Well, at least it's not a trap.
- Disciple: No, Atton! I think it may be a trap!
- Atton: Could you lighten up for one second?