Life at the top is financially rewarding, spiritually draining, physically exhausting, and short.Peter C. Newman
Compilation by the BBC 11 March, 2005 
- I still think of myself as I was 25 years ago. Then I look in a mirror and see an old bastard and realise it's me.
- I don't go out of my way to be outrageous, I just go out of my way to look at things.
- I've stopped smoking...I think the cost was a lot of it, and not being able to breathe. I first gave up smoking when I was eight.
- We spend our lives on the run: we get up by the clock, eat and sleep by the clock, get up again, go to work - and then we retire. And what do they give us? A clock.
- If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment.