Sure I love Goldie. How could you not love Goldie? Everyone loves Goldie. I love her, and I hope our love will continue, but I don't want to give an I-love-Goldie-Hawn interview.Kurt Russell
Dave Mustaine is the lead singer and guitarist of Megadeth.
- "We were escorted out of town in a bullet-proof bus because I said a pro-IRA statement in Antrim."
- "I see who you are with the laser, you little dickhead. Oh, aren't you so cool? ahahahahah... Yeah, I saved all my allowance from mommy to go buy a laser so I can shine it at Dave. I bet you're probably still a virgin, aren't ya Peckerwood? How about you be cool so the people around you don't beat your fucking brains in, and let me play guitar, okay? Thank you. GAHHHHHH! See, when I'm up here, and I've got the fucking microphone, I can say whatever I WANT TO!"
- "Besides, the bass isn't a difficult instrument to play. It's like one step up from the kazoo, isn't it?"
- "Religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell, whereas spirituality is for people like me who have been there."
- "God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo." -Interview with "Masters of Metal and Hard Rock" magazine
- "I reached the point in the end where I didn't want to see another fader, and the only knob I wanted to play with was my own." -on remastering Rust in Peace
- "Never. You don’t put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes-Benz. I’ve always been the antithesis of what’s popular. If you can go into a library and the girl in there has her nipples pierced and chained together with a bunch of shrunken heads hanging off her eyebrow, then it’s gotten pretty boring. If I go into the hospital and the doctor has a face tattoo and a goatee I’m out of there. I have nothing against people who have tattoos. I think body art is beautiful. In fact, a full page of the Megadeth website is devoted to people with body art. But for me, I’m 42 so if I had a tattoo, a couple of decades from now it’s going to be a purple lump on my ass." -interview on why he doesn't have any tattoos
- "It's a very treacherous city. A lot of people are afraid of it and a lot of people enjoy it. The ones who are afraid of it can't cope and the ones who enjoy it get off on tension. I get off on the place, but only for so long, cause I hate fuckin' walkin' and I don't like the cab drivers, the roads are bumpy, the people... The bitches there are so tough, you score one of those girls, take her to bed, you squirt, she hasn't come yet and you're dodgin' punches because you came too fast..." -on visiting New York City
- "Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck."
- "I like jazz, but I could never play it. You just sit there with a guitar the size of a Chevy on your chest, wearing a stupid hat, playing the same solo for an hour."
- "If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full."
- ”There are a lot of good guys out there. I listen to some of these bands and I’m thinkin’, 'If the singer didn’t sing like that…' There’s a great groundswell of talent in Norway and Sweden. I heard this one band and the guitar player was just ripping and then I looked on the internet and the guy’s got hair down to his waist, he’s covered in tattoos and piercings, and his face is painted black and white – fuck that! Walking around with an Oreo cookie for a head. An Oreo is two black cookies with a white cream filling. If I picked a guitar player and he showed up looking like that, I wouldn’t answer the door! You’d see my redheaded ass goin’ over the back fence!” -on Black Metal bands
- "If I'm gonna commit suicide, I'll go out eatin' pussy to death."
- "It doesn't matter what size your pencil is; it’s how you write your name."
- “Life, death, sex; what else is there? A beer maybe."
- "Playing acoustic guitar is like having sex with your clothes on. I mean you know how to do it, but it’s more difficult."
- "There are some girls backstage that are like walking pap smears."
- "I didn't care if the fucking Capitol tower fell on its side and rolled into the ocean with everyone in it. I have never seen such a display of hateful, selfish, self-centered fucks in my life."
- "We got a new song called Ashes in Your Mouth, and it is NOT about a joint falling apart.”
- "Listen, I have no clue who you are, but we both know who I am, so shut the fuck up and listen to my music!"
- "I was sitting in my hotel room, with a copy of your rock magazine (Kerrang!) and I didn't know whether to read it...or wipe my ass with it!"
- "I think that Britney has blown more things than the gearbox on her Ferrari lately and Christina is living proof that you can polish a turd."
- "I think that guitarist from Queensryche looks a hell of a lot like Jamie Lee Curtis."
- "I knew that if it ever came down to one of us running for president, we'd get a hell of a lot of votes."
- "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega." -on Megadeth
- "...Glam stands for Gay L.A. Music."
- "No matter how beautiful a girl is, she still shits." - Metal Hammer interview, 1990
- "If you've never had them, it feels like getting a porcupine pulled backwards through your dick." (On Kidney stones)
- "I could do Rust in Peace again, but I don't want to. I could have followed that formula but, God, why? I would have to have done so much heroin and cocaine — and I wasn't going to. Not if I'm paying for it!" - on recording The System Has Failed
- "I'm a fighter. I don't quit. I'm probably going to record when I'm dead 'Live from his coffin'." - on the nerve injury to his arm that brought his career to a temporary halt
- "[Being a drug addict] is like making love to a gorilla, you don't stop 'till the gorilla is done..." - from VH1's Behind the Music: Megadeth
- "I'm there thinking, 'First off, I'm married, and second of all, even if you were hot, it wouldn't happen. You've obviously got no mirrors in your house if you think you can just walk up to somebody and say, 'Sign my breasts."
- "I care more about what God knows than what man says."
- "Man, we're in Hollywood, there at least 200 cigarette shops around the corner".
- "The Bible and several other self-help or enlightenment books cite the Seven Deadly Sins. They are: pride, greed, lust, envy, wrath, sloth, and gluttony. That pretty much covers everything that we do, that is sinful... or fun for that matter."
- [After being asked about why he writes about death so much.] "It's more about awareness, you know? Because without death, life would be meaningless, don't you think?"
- [MTV] won't play A Tout Le Monde because we made a video for that and they're saying that if people see it, that they'll kill themselves. And I'm thinking to myself, you made Kurt Cobain "Man of the Year", and if anything, he left an indelible last message that the easy way out is to blow your fuckin' head off.
- "Military intelligence, two words combined that cant make sense" -from the song Hangar 18
- "This next song is about a video game where you get to slice people in half with chainsaws and shoot them in the face"- before playing Gears of War
- You see Al Jourgensen of MINISTRY going around saying 'Fuck Bush.' And I've always liked MINISTRY but I know that guy has a legendary drug problem so you can't really take what he is saying seriously. The United States is the strongest country in the world for a reason. Now I'm gonna vote for Bush. I voted for Clinton, but I don't give a fuck because I vote for the lesser of two evils. Kerry is a mistake. He will ruin our country. But the fact that people would vote based on who a celebrity endorses is just stupid. Don't vote for Bush because I'm voting for him. Don't vote for Kerry because you hate me."
- "I think I'd make a better president than George Bush. I'll tell you what, George Bush and Dick Cheney have been to jail more times than I have, and I used to shoot heroin, now what does that tell you?"
- "The PMRC tried coming down on me on So Far, So Good... So What. Okay, Tipper Gore dropped acid in the 60s, and Albert Gore got caught smoking pot, but he used the Bill Clinton line that "I didn't inhale it." That's like... okay... you put a dick in your mouth, but you don't suck. What kind of mentality is that?"
- "Osama Bin Laden is a fucking cunt. Imagine what it would be like to be him and wake up outside his little tent or cave and see an army getting ready to beat his ass."
- "I met Lars through an ad in Recycler, a local classified ads newspaper, the ad read 'Looking for a guitar player influenced by Motörhead and Iron Maiden'. I called the ad and told him some of the bands I liked, and I mentioned Budgie, and Lars said, 'Fuck man, you like Budgie!' (mimicking Lars' Danish accent). So I went to his house and sat in his bedroom and we smoked a little pot next to a huge stack of Danish pornography and licorice, and I thought 'This is interesting for a teenager to have this much Danish porno', but I didn't ask any questions. And then I remembered Lars introducing James to me as their singer, and I looked at James and thought 'Aren't frontmen supposed to be sexy?'" -on joining Metallica - From an interview with Bob Nalbandian for SHockwaves Magazine on HardRadio.com
- "Lars himself has baited me by saying he wishes I would be more experimental. Now, does he mean experimental as in kissing and frenching my lead guitar player or my drummer? Is he talking about painting my nails, wearing makeup and cutting off all my hair? I don't know..."
- "I remember the day that you and I talked about digging a hole in the fucking dirt and smoking hash through the ground." - to Lars Ulrich in Some Kind of Monster
- "I guess I don't have a problem with him. I mean, if I saw him drowning, I'd pull him out...after he went under a couple times." -on Kirk Hammett
- "I'm over it now, and I can see how hard he tries to do what he does. I mean I think he makes good use of what talent he has." -on Hammett
- "I really don’t care about Kirk — he stole my job, but at least I got to bang his girlfriend before he took my job — how do I taste, Kirk?" -on Hammett
- "Do I still like Metallica? Well, after seeing Some Kind of Monster, I think I'm about as good as a friend to them, as much as they are to each other"
"I want to write something that makes it easy for young people to look right into the abyss."-Dave Mustaine on his music