Happy were men if they but understood There is no safety but in doing goodJohn Fountain.
- I got to Vietnam and I hit a wall, and the reason was the policy didn’t work.
- On the comparison between the openness of American officials in other countries and American officials in Vietnam in the early 1960s
- In Vietnam for variety of reasons of policy, we got in on a policy that didn’t work.
- So, if you went out in the field among American advisors, the people out there in the field, the captains, the majors, would tell you the truth.
- When asked when he began to suspect that the government was not telling the truth
- Something like that was bound to happen, and it was a bad corporation that didn’t care about news increasingly.
- On the scandal at CBS regarding Dan Rather and the National Guard memos of George W. Bush
- Vietnam was a watershed event in increasing the skepticism in our government.