The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can never end.Benjamin Disraeli
- My alma mater is the Chicago Public Library.
- "The art of the theater is action. It is the study of commitment. The word is an act. To SAY the word in such a way as to make it heard and understood by all in the theater is a commitment -- it is the highest art to see a human being out on a stage speaking to a thousand of his or her peers saying, 'These words which I am speaking are the TRUTH -- they are not an approximation of any kind. They are the God's truth, and I support them with my life,' which is what the actor does on stage." From his book "Writing in Restaurants"
- "Before you can steal fire from the Gods you gotta be able to get coffee for the director" from Bambi Vs. Godzilla: On the Nature, Purpose, and Practice of the Movie Business.
- That's why theater's like life, don't you think? No one really says what they mean, but they always mean what they mean.
- related or alternate: People may or may not say what they mean ... but they always say something designed to get what they want.
- We don't have to worry about making it interesting; all we have to worry about is getting rid of the pig.