Life at the greatest and best is but a froward child, that must be humored and coaxed a little till it falls asleep, and then all the care is over.Oliver Goldsmith
- With the growing urgency of climate change, we cannot have it both ways. We cannot shout from the rooftops about the dangers of global warming and then turn around and shout even louder about the "dangers" of windmills.
- [I]f one day I look out from my cabin's porch and see a row of windmills spinning in the distance, I won't curse them. I will praise them. It will mean we are finally getting somewhere.
- The planet, hell! What about my nuts?
- We now have access to so much information that we can find support for any prejudice or opinion.
- The way we see the world shapes the way we treat it.
- Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism