Dawn of the Dead (2004 film)
Dawn of the Dead is a 2004 horror film about a small band of survivors who take refuge in a shopping mall as a plague of zombies overruns the earth. A remake of Dawn of the Dead, the 1978 George Romero film of the same name.
- [While her husband tries to staunch the flow of blood from a bite to his throat, Ana desperately dials 911, only to get repeated "busy" signals.] Don't do this to me! Please, don't DO this to me!
- The bites killed her, the bites brought her back.
- I feel like I'm here for another reason. I feel like I'm here to bring that baby on this earth, and give it everything that I never had. I just want the opportunity... to change things.
- I don't believe in God. I don't see how anyone could.
- [About the deaths of Luda, Andre and Norma] There's nothing to be said. I been to a lot of funerals, folded the flags, givin' them to mothers, wives, sons, and told them how sorry I was. But I didn't really mean it. In the back of my mind, I was always thinking better them than me. And now I know that there are some things worse than death. And one of them is sitting here waiting to die.
- [En route to the marina, zombies swarm against Kenneth's bus.] They're trying to turn us over! Hit them with the saw!
- I think I'll just stay here awhile... enjoy the sunrise.
- Televangelist: Hell is overflowing! And Satan is sending his dead to us! Why? Because...you have sex out of wedlock. You kill unborn children. You have man-on-man relations; same sex marriage! How do you think God will judge you? Well, friends, now we know. When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
- Sheriff Cahill: [on TV] Danny, put another round in that woman over there! Look! She's a twitcher!
- Reporter: Are these people alive or dead?
Official: [pause] We don't know.
- Press Secreatry: The president has direct contact with the CDC and head of FEMA. No further quest-OH MY GOD!
- Ana: The bleeding is not going to stop on its own. I need to suture his arm.
- CJ: What are you, a fucking doctor?
- Ana: No, I'm a fucking nurse.
- CJ: Yeah? And how do you know they're not fucked up like everybody else out there?
- Ana: Well, for one thing, they're driving a truck. [Distant gunfire] Oh, and shooting guns.
- [On the roof, some of the survivors are playing "Hollywood Squares" by having Andy shoot zombies who resemble celebrities.]
- Steve: Oh, oh... uh, Rosie O'Donnell! Tell him to get Rosie.
- Kenneth: Yeah, Rosie.
- Tucker: Nah, too easy. Give him something hard.
- Ana: You guys had rough childhoods, didn't you? Kind of rocky?
- Steve: Hey, sweetheart, let me tell you something. You, uh, you have my permission. If I ever turn into one of those things? Do me a favor. Blow my fucking head off.
- Ana: Oh, yeah, you can count on it.
- [Three armed security guards don't want company in the shopping mall.]
- CJ: Find someplace else.
- Michael: Look, we just need a place—
- CJ: Maybe you didn't hear me.
- Michael: There is no place else.
- CJ: Well, that's tough shit, 'cause this is our place, and you can't stay here.
- CJ: Okay. Come out of there slowly, and hand your weapons to Bart and Terry.
- Kenneth: Don't do it!
- Andre: You must be out of your fucking mind.
- CJ: Then you can take your ass over to Quality Inn if it's still there, Shaq! Huh? Want to do that?
- CJ: Whoa-whoa-whoa! Where do you think you're going?
- Andre: She's not going anywhere alone.
- CJ: Oh, "She's not going any —" This is a fuckin' nursery school! Terry, go with 'em.
- Michael: So, what's the plan?
- CJ: The plan is, you drink a nice tall glass of shut-the-fuck-up!
- Terry: You can't just turn them away, CJ. You'll kill them.
- CJ: Tough shit. Self-defense.
- Bart: Want to hear something that really sucks? You guys know that, that chick at Dairy Queen?
- CJ: The fat one?
- Bart: Yeah. She was coming over tonight. I would have tapped that shit for sure.
- Terry: Bart — dude, everybody's dead, okay? Your mom's dead. Your brother's dead. That fat chick at Dairy Queen… dead.
- Bart: Yeah. That sucks too.
- [Kenneth and Ana meet three other survivors traveling the opposite direction.]
- Michael: You do not want to go that way.
- Ana: What's that way?
- Michael: Officer? Sir? You do not want to go that way.
- Ana: What's that way?
- Michael: It's pretty bad.
- Kenneth: What about Fort Pastor?
- Andre: Maybe if you had wings. The road's thick with those mother fuckers that way.
- Kenneth: How do you know?
- Andre: We just tried.
- Michael: ..Back when there were eight of us. [pause] We're going to the mall.
- Andre: Now, you're the type of cat who goes to church and all that kind of shit, right?
- Kenneth: Yeah. I do all that kind of shit.
- Andre: So what you think, hmm? What is this? Is this the end of times? 'Cause if it is, I'm telling you, I'm fucked. No, I'm serious. I've done some bad things in my life, man.
- Kenneth: Oh, I get it. You saw hell yesterday, and now you're scared of going to hell for all the bad things you've done. I'll tell you what: go in the stall, say five Hail Marys, wipe your ass, and you and God can call it even.
- Andre: Hey, my man... I hear you talking' a lot, you know, you're always saying' something... Who the fuck are you, that we should listen? Were you, like, in a special ops unit? You in the marines? What the fuck do you do?
- Michael: I sell televisions at Best Buy.
- Andre: Hey, officer! How do you like following a guy that sells TVs?
- Kenneth: About as much as I like following a guy who steals them. I'm not following anyone. I'm going to Fort Pastor to get my brother.
- Michael: That truck's not gonna make it to Fort Pastor.
- Steve: No, forget it. That place is fucked, man. Bloodbath city.
- Norma: We just came from there.
- Kenneth: Is everyone there dead?
- Steve: Dead-ish.
- Kenneth: Is everyone there dead?!
- Steve: Yeah, in the sense that they all sort of, uh, fell down, and then...got up, and...started eating each other.
- Ana: It's nice to see you busting your ass.
- Steve: Oh, that's sarcasm. That is so awesome. You know, I would love to help, but the captain never works alongside his men.
- [Dangles his keys in front of Ana and Tucker and then makes a cracking sound, like a whip]
- Steve: Well, you guys have a good one.
- Ana: What a total dick.
- Michael: Look, there's no point in arguing about this, all right? We need a solution. We-we need to get some food over there.
- Steve: Okay, uh, I have an idea. We, uh, we draw straws, and the loser runs across the lot with a ham sandwich.
- Ana: Could you be a bigger prick?
- Steve: Probably, but that's irrelevant.
- Ana: [after covering the body of the fat lady] Anybody know her name?
- Tucker: Died without a name? Damn..
- CJ: I ain't going anywhere without a gun.
- Michael: You're not getting a gun.
- CJ: Trust. The primary ingredient in any relationship.
- Michael: [tosses him an axe] Have at 'em, cowboy.
- CJ: Asshole.
- Frank: You want...every...single second. (about life as he dies of the infection.)
- Bart: CJ, wait up, wait!" (as he is chased down by a zombie hord.)
- Andre: You wanna kill Luda? You wanna kill my family? (to Norma before she sparks a gunfight.)
- Norma: Son of a bitch shot me! (to Ana after Andre shoots her.)
- Andy:(on radio) Hey does this dog got a name? (to camera) I'm not gonna tell 'em how bad it is. I won't worry 'em. It's, it's gonna be okay. I think I'm just gonna rest here a minute.(after being bitten severely, becomes zombie shortly after lying down.)
- Tucker: Shoot me! Shoot me!(to CJ while he is devoured by zombies.)
- Monica: You've got to drive faster, man.(to Kenneth before being hacked to death by Glen.)
- Glen: I've got 'em. (about a zombie before accidentally killing Monica and crashing the bus.)
- Steve: [before being pounced on by a zombie] What the fuck?
- CJ: (before killing himself and the zombies grabbing him by blowing up the bus he is in.) Fucking figures.
- Michael: Yeah I think I'll just stay here awhile. Enjoy the sunrise.(to Kenneth before they leave him and he shoots himself in the head due to him being infected.)
- Sarah Polley — Ana
- Ving Rhames — Kenneth
- Jake Weber — Michael
- Michael Kelly — CJ
- Mekhi Phifer — Andre
- Ty Burrell — Steve Markus
- Kevin Zegers — Terry
- Lindy Booth — Nicole
- Michael Barry — Bart
- Boyd Banks — Tucker
- Inna Kurobkina — Luda
- Jayne Eastwood — Norma
- R.D. Reid — Glen
- Matt Frewer — Frank
- Kim Poirier — Monica
- Bruce Bohne — Andy
- Ken Foree — Televangelist
- Tom Savini — Sheriff Cahill
All context information in [brackets] quoted from www.imdb.com