Death Rides a Horse
Death Rides a Horse (aka Da uomo a uomo, or As Man to Man) is a 1968 spaghetti western directed by Giulio Petroni, written by Luciano Vincenzoni, and starring w:Lee Van Cleef and John Philip Law. Bill Meceita, a boy whose family was murdered in front of him by a gang, sets out 15 years later to exact revenge. On his journey, he finds himself continually sparring and occasionally cooperating with Ryan, a gunfighter on his own quest for vengeance, who knows more than he says about Bill's tragedy.
- Ryan: Somebody once wrote, "Revenge is a dish that has to be eaten cold." Hot as you are, you're liable to end up with indigestion.
- [Once again following Ryan to recover his horse, Bill arrives at the Holly Spings train station.]
- Station Master: This guy told me a pal of his'd be coming along. He said I should give you the horse and a kiss. The horse is there, waiting for you. Eh, n-now, where do you want that kiss?
- Bill: [grimacing] No thanks. I'll settle for the horse.
- This is revenge... And there's nothing sweet about it!
- When you've waited fifteen years to find a man... it's a shame you can only kill him once!