Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.George S. Patton
- Difficulties strengthen the mind, as well as labor does the body.
- There is no merit where there is no trial; and, till experience stamps the mark of strength, cowards may pass for heroes, faith for falsehood.
- Difficulties are God's errands; and when we are sent upon them we should esteem it a proof of God's confidence—as a compliment from God.
- It is difficulties which give birth to miracles.
- Rev. Dr. Sharpe
- What is difficulty? Only a word indicating the degree of strength requisite for accomplishing particular objects; a mere notice of the necessity for exertion; a bugbear to children and fools; only a mere stimulus to men.
- Difficulty is a severe instructor, set over us by the supreme ordinance of a paternal guardian and legislator, who knows us better than we know ourselves, as he loves us better too. He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
- There are few difficulties that hold out against real attacks; they fly, like the visible horizon, before those who advance.
- Within every difficulty lies oppurtunity