And you are to love those who are your aliens for you yourselves were aliens in Egypt. [Deuteronomy 10:19]Bible
Sir Donald Tsang Yam-Kuen, GBM, KBE,JP (曾蔭權) has been the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region since 2005.
- I should focus on other important issues like people's livelihoods and the economy.
- The life expectancy in Hong Kong is among the highest in the world ... you can come to only one conclusion: we have the most environmentally friendly place for people, for executives, for Hong Kong people to live
- Statement during a Business for Clear Air conference, as quoted in "Tsang hit for 'naive' comments" by Mimi Lau in The Standard (28 November 2006)
- All of the members of my new team have displayed in their work a strong sense of pragmatism that I promote. ... While the backgrounds of principal officials are diverse, they all share a common commitment to our country, our territory and our people and agree with my governing philosophy.
- People can go to the extreme like what we saw during the Cultural Revolution. For instance, in China, when people take everything into their own hands, then you cannot govern the place. ... [It] was the people taking power into their own hands. Now that is what you mean by democracy if you take it to the full swing.
- As quoted in "HK's Tsang apologises for gaffe" at BBC News (13 October 2007)
- Variant transcription or translation:
- If you go to the extreme you have the cultural revolution for instance in China. Then people take everything into their hands, then you cannot govern the place. ... It was people taking power into their own hands. This is what we mean by democracy.