There is one thing that matters—to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.Logan Pearsall Smith
Quotes referring to Dragons
- If the lion and dragon fight, they will both die.
- A poet can write about a man slaying a dragon, but not about a man pushing a button that releases a bomb.
- W. H. Auden, quoted in Best Quotes of '54, '55, '56 (1957) edited by James Beasley Simpson
- And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- The Bible : Revelation 12:7-9
- The age of chivalry is past. ... Bores have succeeded to dragons, and I have shivered too many lances in vain ever to hope for their extirpation.
- Benjamin Disraeli in The Young Duke : A Moral Tale, Though Gay (1853)
- Conquer the demon of jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretence of keeping it alive.
- Havelock Ellis, in Little Essays of Love and Virtue (1922) by Havelock Ellis, p. 100
- I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?
- John Lennon, quoted in Secret of the Dragon's Eye : Book One (2007) by Derek Hart
- O to be a dragon,
a symbol of the power of Heaven — of silkworm
size or immense; at times invisible.
- Marianne Moore, in "O To Be A Dragon" in O To Be A Dragon (1957)
- I'm an outlaw, not a hero. I never intended to rescue you. We're our own dragons as well as our own heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves.
- No sooner had Jesus knocked over the dragon of superstition then Paul boldly set it on its legs again in the name of Jesus.
- It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.