Earl K. Long
It is a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to a waiter.Don Herold
(Redirected from Earl Long)
- "Don't write anything you can phone. Don't phone anything you can talk. Don't talk anything you can whisper. Don't whisper anything you can smile. Don't smile anything you can nod. Don't nod anything you can wink."
- "I can make them voting machines sing Home Sweet Home."
- "If you're with me in the first primary, you get jobs. If you're with me in the second primary, you get good government."
- "Someday Louisiana is going to get good government. And they ain't gonna like it."
- "Judge Kennon has perfectly good ears. He can stand in a courthouse in Opelousas and hear a dollar bill drop in Ville Platte."
- "If you ever want to hide something from (Louisiana attorney general) Jack Gremillion, put it in a law book."
- "I'm not nuts. If I'm nuts, I've been nuts my whole life."