Edward Scissorhands is a 1990 fantasy film. The film centers Peg Boggs who meets a young, shy, quirky and bizarre looking man named Edward - with hands made of scissors - and adopts him into her own 'typical American' family.
- Peg: What happened to you? Where are your parents? Your mother? Your father?
- Edward: He didn't wake up.
- Esmeralda: It's not heaven he's from! It's straight from the stinking flames of hell! The power of Satan is in him, I can feel it. Can't you? Have you poor sheep strayed so far from the path?
- Edward: We're not sheeps.
- Esmeralda: Come, come near me!
- Esmeralda: He has been sent first to tempt you. But it's not too late. You must push him from you, expel him! Trample down the perversion of nature!
- Bill: So, Edward, did you have a productive day?
- Edward: Mrs. Monroe showed me where the salon's going to be. You could have a cosmetics counter.
- Peg: Wouldn't that be great?
- Bill: Great.
- Edward: [innocently] And then she showed me the back room where she took all of her clothes off.
- Kim: Well... then why'd you do it?
- Edward: Because you asked me to.
- Kim: Hold me.
- Edward: I can't.
- Bill: Sweetheart, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies.
- Jim: Forget about holding her hand, man. Think about the damage he could do to other places.
- Johnny Depp - Edward Scissorhands
- Winona Ryder - Kim
- Dianne Wiest - Peg
- Anthony Michael Hall - Jim
- Kathy Baker - Joyce
- Robert Oliveri - Kevin