Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.Phyllis Therous
(Redirected from Eldest (inheritance))
- The songs of the dead are the lamentations of the living.
- Opening line
- When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it.
- No-one can function properly without occasional peace and quiet.
- King Orrin
- So tell me, is it true that men have ten toes, as is said?
- Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now.
- Shall we dance, friend of my heart?
- Applied properly, it [logic] can overcome any lack of wisdom, which one only gains through age and experience.
- Those whom we love are often the most alien to us.
- Characters are born from necessity.
- My father's work will not go unfinished, even if it takes me to the grave. That is what I want you, as a rider, to understand. All of Ajihad's plans, all his strategies and goals, they are mine now. I will not fail him by being weak. The empire will be brought down, Galbatorix will with dethroned, and the rightful government will be raised.
- It never struck me as interesting that I didn't go to school — we had our own little world. I always thought of kids who were going to regular school as if they're the others, the separate ones.
- In an interview with The Guardian