Emotions, in its most general definition, is a complex psychophysical process that arises spontaneously, rather than through conscious effort, and evokes either a positive or negative psychological response and physical expressions, often involuntary, related to feelings, perceptions or beliefs about elements, objects or relations between them, in reality or in the imagination. An emotion is often differentiated from a feeling.
- "It is complicated, stunning, it turns you upside down, but to find the person who completes you is the best sensation that someone may feel one day. It is like it was an encounter with your own, and as such, of course, it scares, it makes you think all your life over again; and you find out, at the end, that you were nothing before knowing the true love, and that, after it, you are past, you are annihilated if you don't have, even if it is for one single day, your special soul by your side."
- “There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love.”
- “The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts.”
- “He liked to observe emotions; they were like red lanterns strung along the dark unknown of another's personality, marking vulnerable points.”
- “I do not literally paint that table, but the emotion it produces upon me.”
- “The strangest and most fantastic fact about negative emotions is that people actually worship them.”
- “I have a woman's body and a child's emotions.”