English electrical and electronic mnemonics
- 1 Electrical color codes
- 2 Losses in a transformer
- 3 Flemming's left- and right-hand rules
- 4 Current lags
- 5 Voltage
- 6 Civil
- 7 Energy
- 8 Thermodynamic potentials, Maxwell relations
Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Grey, White
- Big Beautiful Roses Occupy Your Garden But Violets Grow Wildly
- Black Beetles Running On Your Garden Brings Very Good Weather
- BB ROY Got Back Very Good Wife
- Back Beforethe Revolution Our Young Gallant Boys Voted for George Washington.
- Black Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Violet Gives Willingly.
- Bad Boys Ride On Young Girls' Bellies. Victory? Gee, Why?. (WWII vintage)
- Big Boys Race Our Young Girls, But Violet Generally Wins.
- Bad Boys Race Our Young Girls Behind Victory Garden Walls.
- Better Be Right Or Your Great Big Venture Goes Wrong
- Bye Bye Rosie Off You Go Birmingham Via Great Western
- Black Boys Ride Our Young Girls But Virgins Grow Wise
Buster Brown Ran On Yelling Go Back Violet, Go Willingly
Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Grey, White, Gold, Silver, None
- Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well -- Get Some Now
- B.B.ROY of Great Britain had a Very Good Wife wearing with Gold & Silver Necklace
Losses in a transformer
Assuming a standard iron or ferrite (ie not air) cored Transformer
- Hysteresis Eddy Magnetic Electrical Copper : HEMEC
Flemming's left- and right-hand rules
To remember which rule to apply for finding the relationship between motion and magnetic field
- Generightor : ie use Flemming's Right hand rule for Generators; and Left hand for motors and
also in right there is 'g' so it is for generator
Current lags voltage in an inductor and current leads voltage in a capacitor
- ELI the ICE man
Voltage = Current x Resistance
- VladImiR Putin (V = IR)
- Voodoo Doll = Curse x Revenge
- V = R Indians (pronounced as: We Are Indians)
Virgins In Red (V = I * R) b=eer.//v=iir Virginity Insists on Resistance (V=IR)
Power = Current x Voltage
Twinkle, Twinkle little star, Power equals I-squared R. (P=I^2 * R)
Poison Ivy P=IV
- In a Capacitor I (current) comes before V (voltage).
- In a Line V (voltage) comes before I (current).
Energy Transferred = Potential Difference x Charge
- E.T's Phone Calls
Thermodynamic potentials, Maxwell relations
- Good Physicists Have Studied Under Very Fine Teachers (potentials given in clockwise order).
- Valid Facts and Theoretical Understanding Generate Solutions to Hard Problems (potentials given in left to right and top to bottom order).