English geography mnemonics
The Great Lakes Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior form the word HOMES.
- Sally Made Harry Eat Onions.
- Sally Makes Honey Every October.
- Sergeant Major Hates Eating Onions
- Super Man Helps Every One
- Old Elephants Have Much Skin.
The countries of Central America, from North to South, are Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama:
My Goodness But Eating Hot Nachos Causes Pain.
Central America south of Mexico:
- Beatrice, Give Every Hungry Nerd Cocoa Puffs.
- Big Gorillas Eat Hotdogs Not Cold Pizza.
- Big Grandmother Earned Her Nickels Cooking Pies
The railroad stations of the Main Line (former Pennsylvania Railroad Paoli Local, now SEPTA R5) west from Philadelphia are Overbrook, Merion, Narberth, Wynnewood, Ardmore, Haverford, Bryn Mawr, Rosemont:
- Old Maids Never Wed and Have Babies Rarely.
Continuing west to Paoli, the stations are Rosemont, Villanova, Radnor, Saint Davids, Wayne, Strafford, Devon, Berwyn, Daylesford, and Paoli:
- Really Vicious Retrievers Snap Wildly, Snarl Dangerously, Beagles Don't, Period.
Under SEPTA, the Paoli Local continues to Thorndale, stopping at Malvern, Exton, Whitford, Downingtown, Thorndale:
- May Extra Whiskey Drown Troubles.
The streets of Downtown Seattle from south to north (2 per letter) are Jefferson & James, Cherry & Columbia, Madison and Marion, Seneca & Spring, Union and University, Pike & Pine.
- Jesus Christ Made Seattle Under Pressure
The founding provinces of Canada
- Quiet Nerds Burp Only Near School
Quebec, New-Brunswick, Ontario and Nova-Scotia
The Five Themes of Geography (a version):
- Movement Regions Human-Environment interaction Location Place