Here are some mnemonics in English.
- 1 Electrical and electronics
- 2 Weather
- 3 Navigation, seamanship and aeronautics
- 4 Weights and measures
- 5 Geography
- 6 Language
- 7 Education
- 8 Music
- 9 Date and time
- 10 Science
- 11 Zodiac
- 12 Mathematics
- 13 Jumping a vehicle
- 14 Home repair
- 15 External links
Electrical and electronics
Weights and measures
- Kings Can Appear Angry Somewhere Else!
- Kansas City At A Slow Ebb (from Dr. Jack Dempsey)
Knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation
- VI-CAM (short for VIdeo CAMera)
- Verbal, Intellectual, Cognitive, Attitude, Motor
E-G-B-D-F Line notes of the treble clef music staff.
- Every Good Boy Does Fine.
- Every Good Boy Deserves Favor.
- Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge.
- Every Green Bus Drives Fast.
- Elvis' Guitar Broke Down Friday.
- Even George Bush Drives Fast.
- Empty Garbage Before Dad Flips.
- Ed Gave Bob Dead Fish.
- Every Greasy Burger Deserves Fries.
- Every Good Bird Does Fly.
- Every Green Bogie Deserves Flicking.
- Every Great Brat Deserves Flogging.
- Elephants Go Belly Dancing on Fridays
F-A-C-E Space notes of the treble clef music staff.
- "Face is in the space."
G-B-D-F-A Line notes of the bass clef music staff.
- Good Boys Deserve Fudge Always.
- Good Boys Deserve Fun Always.
- Good Boys Do Fine Always
- Good Burritos Don't Fall Apart.
- Great Big Dogs Fight Alligators.
- Great Big Dogs Frighten Ants.
- Ginger Bread Dolly For Anne.
A-C-E-G Space notes of the bass clef music staff.
- All Cows Eat Grass.
- All Cars Eat Gas.
- Always Count Every Grenade
- After Christmas Elves Gambol
E-B-G-D-A-E Notes of the strings of a guitar.
- Easter Bunnies Get Drunk At Easter.
- Elephants And Dogs Grow Big Ears. (In the other direction, starting with the sixth string, or Bottom E)
F-C-G-D-A-E-B Order of sharps.
- Father Christmas Goes Down All Empty Barrels
Date and time
ROY G. BIV
Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain
Run Over Your Gerbil Because It's Vicious
Read Over Your Green Book In Verse
Virgins In Bed, Get Your Organs Red
The colors of the rainbow are Red, Orange , Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet:
Kindly professors can't often fail good students.
King Phillip came over from Great Spain.
Kind people can often find green shoes.
Kings play chess on fine grain sand.
Kings play chess on four glass squares.
King Philip came over for good soup.
King Philip called out for great scientists. Kings Play Chess On Friday, Generally Speaking. Keep Putting Clothes On For Goodness Sake! King Phillip Came Over From Great Spain Kids Playing Chase On Freeways Get Smashed Kings Play Cards On Fat Girls Stomach Classification-Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus and species
- OBAFGKMRNS "Oh big and ferocious giant, kill my roommate next Saturday"; alternately "Oh Be A Fine Girl, Kiss Me Right Now, Smack!" - the letter classes of stars in terms of decreasing energy output
Jumping a vehicle
You have two cars, one dead, and each with a battery with plus and minus signs, and a set of cables. How do you know which sign goes with the other?
- Plus to Plus will start the bus.
"Bad red, good red, good black, block." First connect the appropriate (Red) clip to the Red (+) of the discharged battery: Bad Red. Next connect the appropriate (Red) clip to the Red (+) of the good battery: Good Red. Next connect the appropriate (Black) clip to the Black (-) of the good battery: Good Black. Next connect the last clip to the engine block. (Of the car with the bad battery): Block. Never connect both clips at the battery, one spark and you can blow-up the battery; hydrogen and oxygen are venting at the battery! Disconnect in the reverse order.
If you need to start a car without its key. Red is the juice. White is the ground. Strike 'em together and we blow this town. Connect the red wire to the white wire below the panel.
To tighten/loosen screws, nuts, bolts, etc. "Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey"
Alternately, look at your right hand and make a "Thumbs up" sign. Turning the bolt in the direction of your clenched fingers results in movement in the direction of your thumb.
To remember what color of wire goes where:
In the United States:
Black for your funeral. (The high, live line.)
Green for grassy ground. (Ground, or neutral.)
Don't ever rely on this for assuming the voltage of existing wires, because the previous electrician might have bungled things!
In the United Kingdom:
Domestic supply is single phase 230 volts alternating current
Green/Yellow is the Ground or earth
Blue is the Neutral (-) or return
Brown is the Line or (+) Live
Brown is hot, Blue is not; Green and Yellow earth the lot.
- Mnemonic-device.com - A collection of mnemonics.
- Mnemonics Collection for Students - In spite of your efforts to organize your information, you may still find that you have a big list of stuff to remember..
- User editable mnemonics for building english vocabulary