English weather mnemonics
- Red sky at night, sailor's delight; red sky in morning, sailor take warning.
- Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky in morning, shepherd's warning.
- Based on The Bible, Matthew 16:2-3: "He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering."
Months of the Caribbean hurricane season
- June - Too Soon (first month)
- July - Standby (for any news of a storm)
- August - You must (prepare in case a storm comes)
- September - Remember (to standby)
- October - It's all over (last month)
Rainbow Colors (colors of the spectrum)
- Roy G. Biv
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet
Richard, Of, York, Gave, Battle, In, Vain
Real, Old, Yokels, Gorge, Beef, In, Volume
Run, Off, You, Girls, Boys, In, View
Richard, Of, York, Gave, Birth, In, Vincent's