Learn from your parents mistakes—use birth control.Source Unknown
- A life on the ocean wave!
A home on the rolling deep,
Where the scattered waters rave,
And the winds their revels keep!
Like an eagle caged I pine
On this dull unchanging shore:
Oh give me the flashing brine,
The spray and the tempest's roar!
- A Life on the Ocean Wave, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919).
- The cold blast at the casement beats;
The window-panes are white;
The snow whirls through the empty streets;
It is a dreary night!
- The Heart's Summer, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919).
- When the night-wind bewaileth the fall of the year,
And sweeps from the forest the leaves that are sere;
I wake from my slumber and list to the roar
And it saith to my spirit, "No more, never more!"
- When the Night-wind bewaileth, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919).