It is unfortunately very true that, without leisure and money, love can be no more than an orgy of the common man. Instead of being a sudden impulse full of ardor and reverie, it becomes a distastefully utilitarian affair.Charles Baudelaire
- It's a great day for a ball game; let's play two!
- Awards mean a lot, but they don't say it all. The people in baseball mean more to me than statistics.
- Did you hear that? I didn't hear anything. Put that question another way.
- I like my players to be married and in debt. That's the way you motivate them.
- The Cubs are due in sixty-two.
- The only way to prove that you're a good sport is to lose.
- The riches of the game are in the thrills, not the money.
- You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace.
- Anyone can have a bad century!!!