Everything Is Illuminated (film)
Everything is Illuminated is a 2005 film about a young Jewish American man endeavors to find the woman who saved his grandfather during World War II in a Ukrainian village, that was ultimately razed by the Nazis, with the help of a local who speaks weirdly funny broken English.
- Directed by Liev Schreiber. Written by Jonathan Safran Foer (novel) and Liev Schreiber (screenplay).
- Did you manage to manufacture some of the Z's?
- I am unequivocally tall. I do not know any women who are taller than me. Women who are taller than me are lesbians, for whom I hear 1969 was a very momentous year.
- Many women want to be carnal with me because I am such a premium dancer.
- Forgive my speaking of English, Jonfen, as I'm not so premium with it.
- Please do not be distressed. This is only the driver's seeing-eye bitch.
- My grandfather informs me that this not possible.
- [Refering to the dog] This is Sammy Davis Jr. Jr... She is Grandfather's Seeing Eye bitch. Father purchased her for him not because he believes Grandfather is blind, but because a Seeing Eye bitch is also a good thing for people who pine for the opposite of loneliness. In truth, Father did not purchase her at all, but merely retrieved her from the home for forgetful dogs. Because of this, she is not a real Seeing Eye bitch, and is also mentally deranged.
- Okay, so she is deranged, but so so playful.
- I have reflected many times upon our rigid search. It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past. It is always along the side of us, on the inside, looking out. Like you say, inside out. Jonathan, in this way, I will always be along the side of your life. And you will always be along the side of mine.