Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.Victor Hugo
Quotes about Experience
- Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
- ...what we call education and culture is for the most part nothing but the substitution of reading for experience, of literature for life, [and] of the obsolete fictitious for the contemporary real...
- nothing can be sole or whole, that has not been rent.
- William Butler Yeats - Crazy Jane Talks With the Bishop (lines 17-18)
- When you teach a man you teach a person – when you teach a woman you learn a lesson.
- Leonid S. Sukhorukov - All About Everything
- Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other.
- Benjamin Franklin
- "A black eye makes one more clear-sighted." ~ Leonid S. Sukhorukov
- "Experience can be merely the repetition of same error often enough." ~ John G. Azzopardi
- "Experience is something you get just after you needed it." ~ Anonymous
- "Experience is what we get when we do not get what we want." ~ Anonymous
- "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." ~ Will Rogers
- "Only the foolish learn from experience - the wise learn from the experience of others." ~ Attributed to Rumanian folk wisdom as recorded by Rolf Hochhuth
- "Positive experience perceptions are a matter of preparation and staging meeting opportunity." ~ Frank S. Miller, Poet and Writer, 2003
- Refusal to believe until proof is given is a rational position; denial of all outside of our own limited experience is absurd.
- Annie Besant
- Quoted in Theodore Schick and Lewis Vaughn: How to Think about Weird Things: Critical Thinking for a New Age. Boston, McGraw Hill, 2002 (3rd edition), page 121
- "We begin by being foolish and we become wise by experience." ~ Anonymous